:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 794 779 1436
4/90 909 891 1643
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2020
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: Health Steal Ailments
The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Steal Health.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Seal of Fire
  • All enemies receive 519 Burn damage over 3 turns.
  • All allies get +94% defense against Ice for 4 turns.
  • All allies get Defense Status Ailment Protection for 5 turns. New status ailments affecting defense will be replaced by +42% defense for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2020 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2022

Feb 2024

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Jean-François has been released for between 12 & 24 months, he can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (January 2020 & January 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

This or That Threads
Wizard Emblems; JF or...

Balance Change History:
N/A

Other Discussion Threads:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Jean-François (post release)

:question: Is Jean-François worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Jean-François from the Tavern of Legends or HA10; or in January 2021 & 2022 Atlantis.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Jean-François would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Jean-François’ Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Over Time (DoT)
  • Ice Damage Protection
  • Defence Debuff Flipping

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Jean-François compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Jean-François’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Jean-François worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Jean-François is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Jean-François is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

He was buffed and that is great but it is a shame there still is not an initial damage to make him more Gravemaker like. Nice defensive hero though

Why does the update say he now does 552 damage, but the card says a lot less, 453?

1 Like

Speculation in the September balance thread is that the 552 is max attack with emblems, plus LB. Very misleading, unfortunately.

3 Likes

If that is the case I am really disappointed in SG again, shame on me I should know better.

Below a picture of him without LB and at +20 emblems.

Maybe I better open a bug thread so we get an official ruling on this matter.
You cannot communicate sometimes stats without emblems and LB and other times with. Should be 1 ‘standard’

4 Likes

I considered the same. I tagged Petri in the balance thread, but I don’t expect a response.

I am actually considering taking mine from +18 to +20 and maybe LBing him now, though. I want to see how well he pairs with my up-and-coming Tahir’s bleed damage. Could be a potent fast combo for DoT.

2 Likes

Emblems and LB raise the burn damage? I had no idea.

He does 240 damage per turn.

2 Likes

The OP is adjusted with the latest balance updates.

2 Likes

Yes, Emblems and LB increase the damage output. Franz increases the damage output as well.
I will LB the card and maybe even take him to +20.

2 Likes

What’s your red troop level?

Just used im war attack team - which talent Path? Attack or def? I think about going def… Hes nice support with dot

Attack path to get the most of his dot

Go attack no matter what.

DoT based heroes go extremely insane and strong in terms of their damage over time if their Attack point is big.

Attack point correlates with damage over time.

2 Likes

I kind of like the fact he doesn’t do initial damage. That means he still applies burn damage to those who only dodge attacks when damage occurs (like Margaret), and you don’t have to worry about damage from riposte heroes.

Not sure if I want to re-emblem him along the attack path considering the difference in burn damage though.

1 Like

@Quinn3 His damage is 729 with Limit Break + emblems at 20 ALL ATTACK PATH along with Ninja Troops level 15.

The reason I’m using Ninja Troops lvl 15 is because I want to get as high damage per turn as possible. In my opinion 729 total of three turns (243 damage per turn) is very good and worth all the trouble of re-embleming this hero.

2 Likes

I’ll consider it. He has emblems, but for the most part benched. I may rethink about switching things up. I don’t know if I would LB him though, but that’s just due to the fact that I have a number of other reds that I may consider candidates before him.

1 Like

Pre-buff, I went def/HP, in part because he’s on my defense team. Not sure I’d do that post-buff, but I did a nerdy analysis in the FTP Rebellion thread that showed the increase in his DoT isn’t even linear with increased attack. It’s worse than linear.

I am going to take mine from +18 to +20 (to get that attack node at 20), and I may LB him after Tahir, as my reds are kinda sad, and I think these two will play nicely together. Not sure the few attack points I could get by re-embleming will translate into a huge amount of DoT. Will just have to see. That said, I used him a couple of times yesterday, and that buffed DoT was immediately noticeable.

1 Like

Considering that Matilda Fiends increase the damage by 50%, JF could make something like 828 burn damage in 3 turns or 276/turn

Not bad