Jean Francois talent path

Hello guys,

Which talent path would you go for JF? I thought defense at first because there is no direct dmg. As I read, DoT increase with attack so now, I think attack path is better for him. What is your idea?

attack and def seems good if you want to use him as tank, see my posts in the pinned jf thread

Dot does scale with attack…

You want to pick the path that gives most attack buffs.

My initial plan was to follow the sword path on him. But I also realized that each attack node only ads about 6 DoT to his total which is pretty insignificant. At +9, which is how many emblems I have right now for him, his DoT would become 320 instead of 302, before factoring in the troops or the defense boost. Not bad but again, nothing special.

So now I’m considering following the shield path instead and try him as tank in war. At +9, and with my level 23 mana troops, the difference between the two paths would be:

Sword Path:
782 Attack - 741 Defense - 1408 HP - 320 DoT (400 DoT on offense, 480 DoT on defense).

Shield Path:
737 Attack - 782 Defense - 1440 HP - 302 DoT (375 DoT on offense, 450 DoT on defense).

I quite prefer the shield path if I’m honest but perhaps it will be a mix and match for me.

5 Likes

That is interesting. Right now I have +9 onatel and saving emblems for JF. Onatel is my no1 tank, that is why I consider sword path better for me.

This. It isn’t worth to get an increased 15 damage /turn when it could cast one more time by just surviving.

2 Likes

If usin for defense I’d probly go shield path and use a crit troop on him

Considering he’s fast and will fire anyways and his DoT is just a small part of his special whereas the defense buffs will play a bigger role in…defense lol i would amp those effects and just let the dot be extra damage on top of whatever the flanks are dealing out(drake and vela would make excellent flanks imo)

5 Likes

Typically I go Att>def>hp. In his case, however, firing mutiple times is huge. I’m taking him Def>att>HP. Looking at the grid. It will add a little bit of Att, but mostly Def and Hp.

1 Like

if using him to flank with vela and telluria tank, what is his path?

Defense so he sticks around longer to help.

Hi I bring you Jean Francois possible talent paths + full levelled epic troops combinations… Wizard class is the only one where defense and vit paths are the same… so there is no need to put the VIT path on this image.

4 Likes

I want to revive this thread to ask you which would be the best path to take . Im only 10 level to max him
I will flank with him my Ursena who is tanking . My Ursena is taking the atk>def path. I initially think about following the same scheme for JF but i read here that its not a big difference in terms of dot damage. I also have Vela (atk>def) in my defense team

I would go shield path as previously mentioned.

Ursena is supposed to be a primary damage dealer, which means the enemy needs a healer to compensate for the damage. With Vela and JF on flank it also means they need a cleanser to cleanse the DoT, and at least a dispeller because of Ursena/JF buff.

The longer JF stays alive, the more you can fire off DoTs, this can either force the opponent to wait to cleanse/heal and potentially die to a sniper/lose a member to DoT, or be forced to heal before your snipers are up. And at that point you may have Vela up.

If they don’t get a good board it puts them in an awkward position of choosing between two evils.

Shield>health>Attack.

1 Like