πŸ€— Hero of the Month Families

Hero of the Month Families

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.
(Note: The normal and costumed version of the hero are counted as two unique heroes)

Legends 2017 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% mana generation.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

Family members:

Legends 2018 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

Legends 2019 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

Legends 2020 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

Legends 2021 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% critial chance.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

Legends 2022 Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Legends 2023 Family

Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

Family members:

Legends 2024 Family

Family members:

Infographics about the Hero of the Month families

Credits too @VeryQuietly (source: link )

Other topic with HoTM list:

23 Likes

This is by far the best bonus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The bonus does not affect all allies, only the year family members.

2018 family only gives def to 2018 members
2019 family only gives attack to 2019 members

Learn to read dummy (me) I completely mis understood

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. That part works like any other Family Bonus
Only the elemental link is shared with all 5 heroes

5 Likes

That’s why its called β€œfamily” bonus, because it affects all heroes of the same β€œfamily”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Although this addition is very welcome, it is an linear change so it does nothing to make weaker Hotms better. The good ones getting better and therefore will still outclass their counterparts. Would have prefered this update to come along with a balancing patch to overhaul the complete set of Hotms. Instead we get this little peanut called family bonus and have to summon again to get a costume which makes them stronger…

I have 36 Hotms including some duplicates and i should sommon them all again?

1 Like

Text says

Bonus for 2+ heroes:
Elemental link affects all heroes

used my F2P account to test and it does not apply to all the heroes

The Element link (+10% mana generation) will only be active after Zeline fires

3 Likes

BK isn’t part of family so he can’t get family bonus but he will get elemntal link from Evelyn/etc

2 Likes

Ok, the noob in me missed that lol, thanks guys. They all shared their links :grinning:

2 Likes

Big applause to SG for bringing much needed bonuses to hotm and their families! This was much needed and best development this year! Well done!

I have one point, however. Current family bonus for this year should be visible and applied at this moment so we know what we are actually buying/trying to get. There is not much sense keeping it secret for the rest of the year. I also hope this won’t be the case for hotm 2022 and so on also.

5 Likes

How works Family bonus for 2020 HOTMS: is +x% to the healing applied, or the healing is increased by x%?

E.G. Vivica fire her special, 1 have 2 2020 hotms in my team - will the healing for them be 42% *(1+0,15) = 48,3% or 42% + 15% = 57%?
I supppose the first option

This version is the correct.

1 Like

Just tried out Glenda-Clarissa duo with my alt account in the current tournament and was 3-2 vs stronger teams. Clarissa firing at very fast and giving her Special Skill defense to all was very helpful. Too bad the family healing bonus doesn’t work for this tournament.

Looking forward to see if there is improvement in the War defense

5 Likes

These are fantastic so far. Used them in 2 war attacks and they really gave a little extra kick. Going to prioritize some of my older HOTM projects to take advantage now.

1 Like

Is Alberich and Alberich costume count as different unique hero ? Could anyone test it ? (I want to be sure that the are different unique hero.)

I don’t believe costumes have ever counted as a unique hero

While Family Bonus is extra help, I can see that multiple Element links also add to the team benefit.

Example : 2020 has 3 ELs : 10% critical change / 30% defence against SS / Minions

• Will multiple ELs activate for all allies as per which 2020 - HoTMs are in the team?
  • This can impact play well
  • Basis availability, now gotta prioritise 2-3 HoTMs of each year in the roster…

more work :rofl:

Yes they stack

2 Likes

It is counted as different unique hero count as in case of seasonal event heroes but I am not sure for HotM.

1 Like