Santa or Jean François: who goes first?

Hi there! I’m one ring away from being able to do the final ascension for either Santa or Jean François. I’m aware that they are indeed very different, starting with their mana speed, but I’m wondering if you have experience using both in raids or defense. Maybe using them as a tank. Who would you choose to ascend first?

Santa is sturdier on defense and JF is much better on offense.
JF will benefit you more in the long run where fast mana counts, although not by much.

2 Likes

Count this as a vote for Santa if there is any chance he makes your defence.

He’s actually really good on offence too.

2 Likes

In my honest opinion, I would max both, but go with Santa first
Good luck

1 Like

Tank? Santa.
Flank? JF.

Offence? Depends what you already have… JF enhances a decent attacking stack, Santa is a tanky grinder.

1 Like

Santa. Specials far outweigh JF specials and small damage upfront plus minions summoned will add to damage.
Put it this way Santa at 3/70 is superior and adds more utility than JF 4/80 imo

3 Likes

My vote is for JF.

Santa is really just a tank… And not a great one at that either…

JF comparably has versatility to be used in offence as a burner or as a support in a stack.he has the crit boost making him useful on titans as well as being viable to use on defence…

For me, I would go JF before santa any day of the week.

2 Likes

Agreed.

And the defence debuff flipper makes him great anti-kunch, which is useful at the moment!

I’d go with JF every time too.

1 Like

Do you have JF? Any screenshot against Kunchen?

1 Like

Yes, at 3.70 currently.

What’s to screenshot?
JF is fast, Kunch is slow.
JF fires first, Kunch defence down gets flipped into a defence up.

It effectively turns Kunch into a tile soak as long as you fire JF at the right time… Even at 3.70 it’s giving me easy wins.

2 Likes

I hope you will give a try and report your win rate against Kunchen tank and see if everything works like on paper :wink:

1 Like

So far, rolling very well… I don’t keep exactly tallies, but it’s allowing me to run red mono against Kunch tanks with a very high win rate - awful boards are the only real losses.

1 Like

Go with JF if you don’t plan on using Santa for defence. Santa’s special is good even when he’s at 3 70. JF needs to go full 4 80 to get his DOT maxed.

2 Likes

Santa is a stud on high level (green) titans. That’s all I will add.

1 Like