Jean Francois vs S1 5* heroes

I will tell you why i maxed my jean francois over all the others even Marjana.

JF vs Khagan.
Here theres no contest. One is a fast hero with a dangerous DOT and a powerful def up ability.
What is more the elemental link so useful against green titans.

JF vs Marjana .
Lot of people lean towards Marjana . I dont. Why ? I have precios snipers in other colors. Marjana is powerful but only hitting a single target . Shes not match against JF when It comes to titans and quest/events.

JF vs Azlar .
Well… The lion is a powerful beast but again hes slow. It would be a rough choice here maybe with costume Azlar could beat to JF.

JF vs Elena .
Im not fond of Elena. She only has high tile damage but is absolutly squishy and slow .

What is your opinion? Do you consider JF worth the rings compared to classic ones?
I would not bring into the comparing to event heroes, other seasons and hotm reds because they may overwhelm JF(not all ofc)

2 Likes

Good question. I’m especially interested in comparisons between JF and Mariana (who I don’t have) and Azlar (who I have), I think they are the best two red S1 5*. And I still have mixed feelings on JF and I’m not alone, looking how long is “buff JF” thread.

Jean francois is an excelent all round hero. I want to say , for example , you have lot of versatility on him
A powerful DOT, Defense UP and hes very good on stacking because his elemental link .
I think hes better than most of S1 reds.

JF is not bad, I suspect most people are disappointed with his nerf, but he is still worth ascending. Especially with omnipresent Velas, who make Marj hit like a wet noodle, but don’t degrade JF’s attack power. I had a hard time to decide whether ascend him or QoH. Finally I went with Queen, but mostly because she’s my favorite hero and also because I got Sif before and her + Sif next to each other is killer combo in most stages.

1 Like

Elena can be very useful for players who struggle with hard event/quest levels. She has a very high tile attack, a decent special attack and her riposte causes tough bosses to lose lots of HP.

In 5* rush attack weekly tour Elena is a beast (although they admittedly occur only once every two months or so)

I would definitely ascend JF and not Elena if I had the choice. Nevertheless, Elena also has her merits🙂

Overall, I’d say it depends on one’s other heroes. Marjana is much less punishing than Joon or Lianna or some of the special snipers. Especially against highly emblemed and/or costumed heroes, she doesn’t inflict very much damage. So in most cases I think JF with all his special effects is the more interesting hero and I’d rather ascend him than Marjana (or any of the three slow ones).

2 Likes

If I don’t get GM in next Atlantis, I’m also between Marjana and JF (have Elena but not too impressed by her). Leaning to JF atm, but I don’t have a red sniper either… Finding it difficult to decide

Cookie Settings