:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 677 881 1516
4/90 774 1008 1734
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that affect Healing.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mending Mantra
  • Recovers 22% health for all allies.
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Fire allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2023

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Grazul has been released for between 12 & 24 months, she can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

She can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

This or That Threads

Other Discussion Threads:

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Grazul (post release)

:question: Is Grazul worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Grazul from the Tavern of Legends or HA10; or in August 2021 Atlantis.

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Grazul would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Grazul’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer
  • Status Effect Blocker

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Grazul compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Grazul’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Grazul worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Grazul is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Grazul is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

First Red 5 * I levelled to 80. Been an ever present, she’s awesome.

Grazul is a key hero IMO; particularly in the era of GTV & status ailments on Defence Teams.

With Grazul & a level 11 mana troop you can essentially shut-down / nullify the entire defence centre of an opponent… With Decent Board-Play you can time Grazul to block the tank & one (sometimes both) flanks; meaning that you can take a red-stack against a GTV defence!

My Grazul (1) is levelled to 4-80 +1 with an additional two at 3-70 for use in wars. She is a KEY part of my Anti-Telluria team:
Jabberwock +9 | Grazul +1 | Costume Elena | Gravemaker +18 | Costume Rigard +15
(TP = 4277)

With that team I have an 81% overall win rate against Telluria Tanks (86% since the rebalancing) with an average enemy team power of 4400. A key part of that is Grazul shutting down the enemy centres.

Honestly, I cannot speak highly enough of Grazul in this current Meta and 100% recommend maxing her if you got her.

8 Likes

HotM of the year 2019 imo :sunglasses:

1 Like

I face telluria 9 out of 10 raids… I use grazul 9 out of 10 raids

I’ve come to realize her mana boost to other reds is an unexpected boon.

I just wish her ai was sufficiently intelligent for using on defense teams.

Well then why did you give your last set of rings to marj!? :wink:

I have three, and boy am I happy I never eat “extras” away.

Amazing hero, and more you’ll meet Tellurias the more you love your Grazul. And it’s not only Telluria, but all of those Dot-heroes, that causes havoc. JF does nothing, Vela sends that initial hit but manages to do no water damage, Joon tries to blind you, well let’s look again…

I have two strategies against Gravemaker(JG)-Telluria-Vela -defense. First is based on Grazul and stacks red plus green (green because Kingston, fire resistant and strong against Vela) and second is yellow (Joon and Malosi) plus green (Almur, Telluria and Kingston) that is also quite successful against trio horribus.

First I didn’t think much about Grazul, weak healer but fast, nothing to write home about. I leveled her because I got rings and I read nice things about her, but didn’t get the hype. I loved to run attack team where thre was BT, Wilbur and Anzogh burning enemies dead. Finally brute power wasn’t enouhg when I stapled myself in diamond and started to try different things.

I can’t speak highly enough about Grazul also my second and third are leveled now 3/70 and are used every week in wars.

2 Likes

The only fast red sniper.
I’m soooo healer heavy.

Puss, 2 Boldies, Ares and Grazzy already maxed and those are only the red ones. Best red hitters so far were Falcon, Mits and Gormie, that are all average mana.

1 Like

Back when I pulled her as hotm I was a bit annoyed that I missed out on some other hotm and ended up with 2 of her. I was very wrong!

She’s great in offence against so many defences because of the ailment protection and with very fast it’s often there when you need it. The stats are also great -Def and health are already high so no need to use emblems if you need them elsewhere.

1 Like

I was just kidding. You do what you do with your game. And Marj is, indeed, a great hero too.

Fast heroes are great. Except Obakan.

2 Likes

Will try to do either a 10pull or 30pull for Grazul and Ursena this coming Atlantis… But at the same time I’m also thinking of saving games for Pirates and costume chamber (lianna featured this month?).

I pulled Grazul early when she was available , the month i started playing. Now i’ve maxed JF instead of her , i will max her when i get two more rings , she seems to be much better and useful then i thought

I have 5 of her, and I dont think to eat ot exchange no one of them, she its awesome.

I’m glad to see so many shining reviews for Graz. She was called ‘underwhelming’ for a great deal of her initial thread, if I remember correctly. Too much focus on her ‘low’ 15% heal. It’s not low at all when she fires 3-4 times per raid!

The very fast speed gets even meaner with the right mana troop to bring her down to 6 tiles.

She’s an A+ attack hero, and counters many of the games most powerful hitters. I’d level a 2nd in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I got it.

I’m very happy, but I don’t have any ring :frowning:

20 pulls in Atlantis: my 5th Richard, Vivica and Grazul.

1 Like

I’m also really happy having pulled her during last Atlantis season. She fits perfect to my Anti Telli Team. Grazul and Malosi is my perfect counter to Grave/Telli/Vela!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing.
With this team I have considerably inceease my win rate against Telly’s teams.
Fernir(+6)-Mitsuko(+10)-Grazul(3/70)-BK(+18)-Ariel(+11)

Grazul is the first on launch her special to cover Telly’s mana cut, then I have the chance to use special of Ariel (cleaning), BK(covering) or Mitsuko(blue kicking).

Fernir to finish the match.

Amazing sinergy.

I love her…no problems with Telly teams anymore.

https://streamable.com/c0m6nw

1 Like

Finaly achieved to get her to 3.70 and I’m not sure if I should give her the rings.

My red roster is:

-full lvled: Marjana+12, Gormek+15, c. BT+3, BT, Scarlett+1, many 3*…

-unlvled: Grazul 3.70, Azlar 3.70, Sumle 3.43, Khagan, Marjanas and Elenas at 1.1, Sumitomo and the vanilla 4*

What do you think, give rings to Grazul? Azlar? Wait and pry for red hood in next event?

Please share your thoughts :grin: