Grazul – New September 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

New HOTM RELEASED for September 2019: Grazul!

Click for Full Art Image of Grazul

The actual art is the version on the left:

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire: Fire/Red Cleric Very Fast
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
628 817 1406

:no_entry_sign: Resists: Ailments That Affect Healing

:dizzy: Special Skill: Mending Mantra

• Recovers 15% health for all allies
  • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Fire allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Grazul from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Grazul?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Grazul.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Grazul and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is she worth summoning for?

• Would you use her on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Grazul Cleric emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of her special?

• What do you think of her character design?

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Grazul’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Grazul.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Grazul.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

8 Likes

One EHT :slight_smile:

46 Likes

14th EHT here. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

22 tokens

12 Likes

I used 16 and didn’t get her :frowning: hopefully during the new challenge event.

2 Likes

I strongly dislike her card and artwork. Looks like someone get too busy for finishing touch.

7 Likes

Fingers crossed for ya mate, I don’t think she will make my def team due to GM and also Ariel as healer but will have to play around once she is maxed n see how she goes

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I am actually much more excited for Kingston, but thought I’d use the EHTs. I’m not summoning much this month. I want the new 3* from the challenge event, that’s the only hero I’m really going after. Since the chance is realistic.

Congrats on the pull!

2 Likes

Thanks dude :slight_smile: and yeh, how evil does Kingston look !

1 Like

I need a good green 5* option. Lianna is my only maxed 5* green. I don’t like my other choices at all: Horghall, Elkanen, Kadilen, Margaret, and Morgan Le Fay. Not a fan of any of them.

Green and red are probably my weakest colors. And I have 15 rings, 12 tonics. I don’t know if Grazul would get rings, I’m very picky about who I ascend, but I’d like the option.

4 Likes

Yeh for sure dude , I pulled the trigger on maxing elk out of horghall and kadi only cuz I had 18 tonics sitting there and just to get some more green depth for war.

Do have maxed zel and Greg but lianna hasn’t shown up yet

1 Like

I hope Lianna shows up for you soon.

Are you planning to max Grazul?

Elkanen with talent 6 is hell of a hero in attack, with A over 700. Actually saved me o lot from losing, especially when I remained only with him versus two of opponent’s heroes. More damage inflicting, more HP recovered. Besides, he’s fast and tough. Sometimes when I was boring, I took him with another 2 greens and I attacked at raid just for fun, using only 3 heroes. Against defenses with blue tank, of course. My win rate was over 75%.

4 Likes

Looks interesting. More defensive than offensive. Might make a good flank for a Lepus tank, since that ailment block prevents the downside of his special attack. Better partner than Aeron for the same trick in that sense, because of the color complement.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna do any draws for her, especially since Halloween event is only one month away & Kingston seems to be the better hero (though she kinda counters him).
Not really exiting special. With help from mana troops you can heal 15% in 6 tiles (2,5% / tile), whereas my +20 Boldtusk can heal 27% in 9 tiles (3% / tile) and has comparable stats.

Her healing debuff resist compliments her special, but it’s not a mechanic you see very often.
Cleric class isn’t that important on a very fast mana hero imo. Also the last talent (+4% healing) is really weak (+9 HP extra with her 15% heal). And the cleric trials are already very defensive, so another healer isn’t needed, though it is nice to finally have a red 5* cleric.

I think her best attribute is the 2 turn ailment immunity for all allies. If I’m not mistaken she’s the first 5* who casts it for her whole team instead of just the nearby allies. 2 turns isn’t very much, but considering her very fast mana it’s enough.

She works well as a tank with the stats and the special, but Gravemaker & Guin are still better.
I don’t see her as a titan slayer at all.
She should be good in offense, epecially If you can time her status immunity right, but I think a emblemed BT with his atk buff is the better option.
Really the best usage I see for her is in the summer event, since she resists the healing prevention and can make her allies immune too. Also since she’s red and works well against Yunan.

Overall propably lower mid-tier compared to the other 2019 hotms. I think she’s better than Anzogh at least.

6 Likes

Just a small correction: it’s +4% mana generation, not healing. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Neigh, not the special. I’m talking about the last node on the cleric talent (if you ever get enough emblems).

Though I’m not very exited about 4% mana regen either. It can help in some cases, but for offense it’s mostly useless.

2 Likes

Ah! I see.

I think the increase in healing received is generally a pretty weak boost from the Talent Grid for any hero. Obviously it’d be a bigger HP amount with a bigger healing percentage, but even then it’s probably not worth 250 Emblems on a 5* (and I’m personally not using Emblems on 5* anyway).

3 Likes