🧪 The Beta Beat (V53) – New S2, S3 and HotM Costumes, S5 and Christmas Heroes -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Additional Valhalla hero costumes

Hero of the Month costumes

QoL updates:

Santa’s Challenge heroes:

Season 5 heroes:

Season 2 costumes:

Santa’s Booster:

Brave Musketeers

Abyss Monster Heroes

Journey Hero

New Season 4 hero

New HoTM

Contest of Elements:

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Earlier Beta contents

Covenant of Champions

Valhalla hero costumes

Season 5 Heroes

Styx heroes

Contest of Elements

New S1 costumes

New S5 heroes

2022 December HoTM

-🧪 Early information on the December 2022 HOTM -- Balur [Part of The Beta Beat V52]

New Gargolyle Heroes

Bard Heroes

Monster Island Event:

This text will be hidden

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V50 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:calendar: Beta Schedule

Beta Name Status Open Closed
Beta 1 Testing Ended THU 27.10 MON 31.10
Beta 2 Testing Ended THU 3.11 MON 7.11
Beta 3 Testing Ended THU 10.11 MON 14.11
Final Beta Testing Started MON 14.11 THU 17.11

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V53 Beta Testing Cycle

October 27, 2022

• New HotM and Season 3 costumes are added.

November 3, 2022.

• Santa’s challenge heroes are added.
  • New Season 5 heroes are added.
  • New Season 2 costumes are added.
18 Likes

V53 Beta build 1 is just arrived:

New Costumes

• Season III Heroes
    • Odin
    • Tyr
    • Frigg
    • Thor
  • Heroes of the Month:
    • Hel
    • Perseus

Improvements

• Hero Roster view usability improvements
    • Easy scrolling option
    • ON/OFF toggle for prioritizing teams
  • You can now also check Limit Broken + fully Emblemed stats for Heroes in the Summon Gate
    • Talent Nodes on the LEFT side of the tree are taken for these previews
    • Previous default stats (fully leveled, not Limit Broken, no Emblems) are also still visible — use the toggle button on the Hero card to switch between the two settings

I am starting for work on the topics now.

35 Likes

Thanks for your efforts again @PlayForFun (I know everyone thanks you but we can’t thank you enough! lol)

Looks like there are some more crazy heroes coming out, as usual… =_=

I’m getting overwhelmed by the volume

12 Likes

Season 3 cotumes topic is now ready:

HoTM costumes topic is also ready:

2 Likes

Hotm updates…Anzogh where are you ???

good to see there are some Quality of Life improvements, so it’s not just (mainly) all about new heroes/costumes!

8 Likes

OoooooooooOoooooo :hushed::tada:

2 Likes

OMFG, IS IT A VIRTUAL SCROLLBAR? I am about to pass out :star_struck:

Great QoL improvements overall :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

A little surprised to not see anything related to the Christmas portal on this version of beta

I will add some information about these in a topic.

1 Like

There will be 3 more Beta builds so there is plenty of time to test those.

1 Like

Are they doing all of them eventually?

I do not know, but even if they will do it, then this will might take lot of time until all of them are released.

Here is topic for these minor QoL updates:

3 Likes

The Beta testing of V53 Beta 1 has been ended today.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun Just noticed this is missing the “beta-beat” tag

2 Likes

Thx, I have added it to the OP.

2 Likes

Beat 2 will start today?, hoping new hero’s in this beta for Christmas…

4 Likes

It is scheduled to start today/tomorrow.
Recently Staff are starting the Betas on Thursdays so I would expect it only tomorrow.
Once a build arrives I will let you know

4 Likes

New Christmas heroes just came to beta.

We’re getting another legendary fast blue hero for anyone wanting to pair with Pengi.
We’re getting another rare red slow hero
More S2 legendary costumes (Missandra and Tarlak)

7 Likes