🧪 Early Information on New "Brave Musketeers" Alliance Quest [Part of The Beta Beat V53]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new “Brave Musketeers” Alliance Quest

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Brave Musketeers Heroes

A new event = new heroes…

For more information on see here: 🧪 Early Information on New Brave Musketeers Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:superhero: Brave Musketeers in Alliance Quests

As with the Clash of Knight heroes, the event heroes in the current event have a bonus when they are used in the Brave Musketeers Alliance Quest.

Specifically:

• Heroes of the Musketeer family bypass the Elemental Barriers, and have increased attack, defense, and health (+20%) in this Alliance Quest’s stages

Some Notes:

• This bonus ONLY applies to Musketeer Family Heroes IN the Brave Musketeers Event.
  • It is NOT limited to Unique heroes only… Any and all Musketeer heroes gain the bonus stat boost.

:dizzy: Special Gameplay

Special tiles (All For One!)

When you combine 4 shields, then instead of Dragon Shield a Courage Shield will appear. If you match that Courage Shield, then it explodes like a normal Dragon Shield, and clears 4 additional tiles (1-1 left, right, down, up), plus is dispels buffs from all enemies.

When you combine 5 shields, then instead of Power Shard a Courage Gem will appear. If you match this Courage Gem, then it explodes then it takes out all shields to in the same line and row, and it also dispels buffs from all enemies.

If you do not match them immediately then the damage from Courage Shields and Gems are increasing with 20% every turns until it reaches 200%.

If you match a Courage Shield or Gem, then the buffs will be dispelled from enemy before the troops reaching the enemy.
(So you heroes will not be receive damage from counterattack for example if the enemies had that buff before you fire these specail tiles.)

Special Gameplay (Extra Challenge)

Fortification

All enemies get the following status effects every 3 turns:

• All damage enemies receive is reduced by -50% for 3 turns.
  • All enemies counterattack with 100% of the damage received for 3 turns.

Absolute Resolve

Over the course of your turn and resetting at the start of your next turn:

• The damage that enemies receive and mana generated by Heroes are reduced every time you use a Special Skill or a Battle Item.

These reductions are exponential.

The maximum damage reduction is 20% percent.
After you fire special skills or use battle items the damage will be decreased with 1%, and then 4%, 9%, 16%, 20% (and it stops here after the 5th usage in the same turn)

The maximum mana generation reduction is 80% percent.
After you fire special skills or use battle items the mana generation will be decreased with 1%, and then 4%, 9%, 16%, 25%, 36%, 49%, 64%, 80% (and it stops here after the 9th usage in the same turn)

Limtations

Only those will able to play this quest who are in an alliance before the event starts.
The Epic and Legendary tiers are locked at the start of the event.
Epic tier is unlocked when your alliance reaches 500 000 points in total.
Legendary tier is unlocked when your alliance reaches 750 000 points in total.

:game_die: Summoning Odds

As with all other challenge events, the Brave Musketeers comes with it’s own Summon Portal. See below for information regarding the appearance rates.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 47.3%
Epic Classic Hero: 18.5%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.3%

Rare Event Hero: 23.7%
Epic Event Hero: 8.0%
Legendary Event Hero 1.2%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

:moneybag: Alliance Quest Coins

The “Brave Musketeers” makes use of a same Alliance Quest Coins currency for summoning as “Clash Of Knights”.

There is no Suspicious chests in the event.

You only 10 of them for a Summon or 300 gems.
You can do a 10 pull with 2600 gems.

:zap: Event Info – Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

Duration Reflect Colour Stages
5 days None 10 per difficulty
Note: Info is beta so may change…
  • In Beta it is 2 days long, but I suspect it will be the same length as Clash of Knights.

The Brave Musketeers follows the the usual set-up for Challenge Events with 3 difficulty tiers (Rare, Epic & Legendary); and 10 Stages for each tier.

Stage # World Energy
( R/E/L)
Waves Monsters Boss
1 2 / 3 / 4 3 Green & Blue Planchet (B) & 2 Blue Mobs
2 2 / 3 / 4 3 Yellow & Blue Villliers(G) & 2 Blue Mobs
3 3 / 4 / 5 3 Green & Red D’Artagnan (R) & Athos(G)
4 3 / 4 / 5 3 Yellow and Blue Aramis (B) & Porthos (B)
5 4 / 5 / 6 3 Green & Blue Queen Anne (P), Planchet (B)
6 4 / 5 / 6 3 Yellow & Red Villiers (G), D’Artagnan (R), Aramis (B)
7 5 / 6 / 7 3 Green & Blue Athos (G), Queen Anne (G), Porthos (B)
8 5 / 6 / 7 3 Green & Yellow D’Artagnan (R), Athos (G), Villiers (G)
9 6 / 7 / 8 3 Green & Blue Aramis (B), Porthos (B), Queen Anne (G)
10 6 / 7 / 8 3 Yellow & Red Athos (G), D’Artagnan (R), Aramis (B)

All enemies have special skills too.

:zap: Rewards / Stage and Enemy Stats:

Credits to @birksg

Alliance Quest Rules

:money_mouth_face: Rewards

*Clash of Knight has a brand new rewarding system.
The scores for all tiers are adding up into a single number, and you receive the loot based on your individual tier and the tier where your alliance’s combined score is in.

Instead of instant Tier Completion Rewards you can open a chest after you open the Tier.
The chest rewards are similar to Clash of Knights.

Here are the chest rewards:

1. Chest:
  • 2x Alliance Quest Coin + three misc items
  1. Chest:
  • 3x Alliance Quest Coin + three misc items
  1. Chest:
  • 5x Alliance Quest Coin + three misc items

Unlike Clash of Knights once you finish a tier the next tier will not be automatically opened.

Click for Alliance Rewards
Rank Class Emblems Limit Break Materials Battle Items Crafting Materials Guaranteed Loot
1 4 draws:
50x
3* (4 draws): 100%
4*: (3 draws): 100%
5* (3 draws): 100%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
Aramis Avatar
Milady de Winter Avatar
5x WE flask
2-10 4 draws:
30x
3* (3 draws): 90%
4*: (2 draws): 90%
5* (2 draws): 100%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
3 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
Athos Avatar
Cardinal Richelieu Avatar
4x WE Flask
11-100 3 draws:
30x
3* (3 draws): 80%
4*: (2 draws): 80%
5* (1 draw): 100%
5 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
3 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
Kitty Avatar
3x WE Flask
101-1000 3 draws:
20x
3* (3 draws): 70%
4*: (2 draws): 70%
5* (1 draw): 20%
5 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
3 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
Fulton Avatar
2x WE Flask
1001-10000 2 draws:
20x
3* (3 draws): 60%
4*: (2 draws): 60%
5* (1 draw): 10%
5 draws:
3* 25%
2* 35%
1* 40%
3 draws:
3* 25%
2* 35%
1* 40%
1x WE Flask
10001- 1 draw:
10x
3* (3 draws): 50%
4*: (2 draws): 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
Click for Individual Rewards
Rank Summon Token Ascension Materials Limit Break Materials Battle Items Crafting Materials Guaranteed Loot
1 3 draws:
EHT: 100%
2 draws:
4* 100%
3* (3 draws): 100%
4*: (2 draws): 100%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
Constance Avatar
D’Artagnan Avatar
6x WE Flask
2-10 3 draws:
2 draws:
4* 100%
3* (2 draws): 90%
4*: (2 draws): 90%
5 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
3 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
Queen Anne Avatar
Aramis Avatar
5x WE Flask
11-100 3 draws:
2 draws:
4* 50%
3* 50%
3* (2 draws): 80%
4*: (2 draws): 80%
5 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
3 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
Porthos Avatar
4x WE Flask
101-1000 2 draws:
1 draw:
4* 50%
3* 50%
3* (2 draws): 70%
4*: (2 draws): 70%
5* (1 draw): 20%
5 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
3 draws:
4* 25%
3* 35%
2* 40%
Villiers Avatar
3x WE Flask
1001-10000 2 draws:
EHT: 50%
ETT: 50%
1 draw:
4* 20%
3* 80%
3* (2 draws): 60%
4*: (2 draws): 60%
5 draws:
3* 25%
2* 35%
1* 40%
3 draws:
3* 25%
2* 35%
1* 40%
Planchet Avatar
2x WE Flask
10001-100000 2 draws:
EHT: 20%
ETT: 80%
1 draw:
3* 100%
3* (2 draws): 50%
4*: (1 draw): 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
1x WE Flask
100001- 1 draws:
Gray: 100%
- 3* (1 draw): 50%
4*: (1 draw): 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
1 draw:
2* 50%
1* 50%
-

Notes

• The Alliance Quest can be opened from the Quest page as usual, but you also see your Alliance’s score and current ranking and the remaining time in the Alliance menu / Members, Titan and Wars tab
  • In the Quest you can see the ranking by alliance score, ranking by individual score, and you can also view what is the score of your alliance members

:link: Related Threads

13 Likes

Little Jean Francois is crying in a corner, excluded from the musketeer membership club

8 Likes

Oh, yay! This screws small alliances even more for not opening epic and legendary. /s

6 Likes

Isn’t that the way CoK AQ is structured for rewards? Individual scores for each tier are tallied to derive total for the event. Ditto for alliance score.

This Musketeer event is kinder. The entry point to open up Epic is lower: 500000. A solo alliance can open up Epic if player whacks hard at Rare tier.

Then the next entry point is 750000. To open up Legendary. That should be doable cos it’s only 250000 points more.

2 Likes

I still don’t get why they punish the use of specials along with items. Specials are a fundamental part of the game, it’s not like items that can just be hoarded and spammed with no thought. Imagine if they decided to put a meter for the number of tiles matched and you get penalized if the meter gets too high. That wouldn’t make sense, right?

3 Likes

Can I use matilda and other healer/dot heroes… because that is my JAM.

It is not the only montly event doing this and I really hate it! It is like doing raids with OP heroes but on steroids.

Why allowing items if we can’t use them without affecting our teams? Soon they will have something like this: the damage dealt by items will reflect to all the attacking heroes…

2 Likes

when will this event launch? so hero summons together with event?

Like others have commented, also not very excited about the gameplay mechanics. Does not really motivate me to try my best beyond completing the tiers I can unlock. (though not competing for a higher score will at least make this quest more enjoyable for me!)

this at least is good news, I can be fairly assured of opening up Epic… those 3 coins from Epic completion make a big, big difference

2 Likes

The entry score is much lower for this event players with 2-3 members can open all tiers (if they can finish rare).
Clash of Knights required 5 times more to unlock Epic.

Legendary unlock is almost guaranteed here if you can unlock Epic.

750k is much much lower than 10 million in Clash of Knights.

About the event difficulty.
It is extremely hard.

Almost all levels above Rare 6+, Epic 3+, Legendary 1+ needed more tries for me to finish it.

If the difficulty will not be reduced, then I will just complete and will not try to compete on this event.
(I usually finish in top10k /5k /10k in Challenge Events)

10 Likes

Well yeah, little wonder you could complete it. There is:

• Permanent dmg decrease and Counter if you can’t dispel it, so dispeller is mandatory and someone with buff block is strongly recommended;
  • Decrease in power and mana generation speed for each used item and fired special skill. From what I gather these are permanent for the rest of the stage. So essentially you need to dispel three rounds of enemies at least once, BUT that decreases your mana generation and power, crippling you. And on top you need to heal as well.

Who the hell designed this? Yes you can abuse Styx/Ninja troops and Rangers to bypass dmg reduction and counter effects but still.

Yes, a dispeller is must or you need some special tiles always ready to fire.

Having played through all ten levels of all three tiers in beta, I just want to say that I think it is no mere coincidence that “Brave Musketeers” and “Bowel Movement” can both be abbreviated as “BM”.

2 Likes

I think challenging can be fun… But challenging and miserable does not sound awesome.

3 Likes

From what i’m reading, seems like an absolutely skippable event. Even more if the reward is structured like CoK and equally poor.
They should always remember that it’s a game: make it challenging but still fun, not a mere pain the ■■■.

2 Likes

Good game design dictates that as the challenges increase, so should the rewards. SG’s approach is the opposite.

Those who thrive on drama will say that it’s always nice to see SG doubling down on their worst game design decisions from the past, with all the tried and true classics included such as:

• portal with a ton of ridiculously overpowered heroes to entice players to spend stupid amounts of money (…that can all be nerfed once the money is collected and it is time to move on to the next event, with even more overpowered heroes)

• make the effort vs. reward ratio significantly worse from both ends: make the players work much harder while also offering them insignificant rewards for said effort

• encourage bad tile play by emphasizing creation of gems and bombs over everything else

• penalize players for using gameplay features like battle items and special skills yet at the same time…

• make heavy use of battle items practically a necessity so SG can sell more of them

• arbitrarily one-shot even the fully emblemed and limit broken heroes so as to force failure and waste world energy…so SG can sell more WE (and also effectively waste the battle items already used, so more can be used on the re-try)

• amp up the difficulty of even the mobs in an attempt to psychologically manipulate / goad the player into wasting gems to continue out of frustration (or trick the player into buying into the sunk cost fallacy with all those items they used up just to get this far)

And don’t forget the old favorite, always adored:

• force players to play an event by structuring it so that they are likely to get kicked out of their alliances if they don’t (or at a minimum, strain the cohesion of the alliances)

At least right now in beta they have temporarily “fixed” that last design flaw by having a bug where the local leaderboard for your alliance is empty, so you can’t see who gave up. Unfortunately for all of us, it will probably be fixed for release of the event.

2 Likes

Wow…sounds utterly dreadful :scream: …well bring it on baby! … Let the good times roll! … check list done… stockpiling items, dusting off my buffers, alarm is set … let’s get this party started!

Good luck everyone

This game sure sounds like the opposite of fun. Thank you for sharing - it’s nice to keep in mind and being selective with what we spend our time on. :100:

2 Likes

wow this sounds ridiculous.
I really do hate things like

All enemies get the following status effects every 3 turns:

• All damage enemies receive is reduced by -50% for 3 turns.
  • All enemies counterattack with 100% of the damage received for 3 turns.

Basically it just means for all turns they get these effects, so why describe it like this and not just say “enemies constantly receive -50% damage and always counter attack”. Unless I misunderstand it? The effect lasts for 3 turns, and it happens every 3 turns… so it’s a constant, right?

i don’t think I will be participating or wasting any items etc on this quest, I doubt my alliance will too, what a disaster this sounds like

It can be dispelled, so this way (instead of constant, as you put it) lets you dispel and have a couple of turns without the counterattack. Also, you can clear one wave after the stage property buffs the enemy, kill them and then yhe next wave you also get a couple of turns without it.

4 Likes