🧪 The Beta Beat (V47) – Season 2 Heroes and Costumes and Season 5 Heroes and Provincies -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

Season 5 Heroes

Season 5 Provinces

Season 5 Summon Portal

Amulets

New Season 2 heroes

New Season 2 costumes

2022 May Hero of the Motth (Kara)

Zynga store

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

New legendary heroes (Unkown Later Event heroes):

2022 April Hero of the Month

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V47 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V47 Beta Testing Cycle

March 2, 2022

Season 5 provincies are arrived to testing.
New Season 5 Hero arrives: Bennu
Amulets are arrived for testing.

March 23, 2022

Season 2 heroes and costumes arrived for testing.
2022 May HOTM Kara arrived for testing

15 Likes

Summary of the changes / new features in V47 Beta Build 1. (Topics will be added ASAP)

• New Season 5 hero arrived: Bennu
  • First 5 provicies are arrived to Beta. The stages will have stage properties.
  • Amulets added for testing (Amulets can be equipped in Season V stages for beneficial effects in battles)
  • Some Balance changes for Season 5 heroes is arrived
  • Faz is renamed to Faiez
17 Likes

Interesting addition. I’m intrigued. Also curious that they only apply to season 5 stages.

1 Like

I’d also be super curious as to HOW we can get the amulets… And…

How rare will they be? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Options

Rumor from Beta says it looks like SGG is trying to let players have the illusion of choice for Map Season 5 stages

Just like Classes+ costumes, it seems like a way to add complexity to the game without actually improving the game ( see notes )

Now you can waste WE failing a stage by taking the wrong Amulets in addition to wrong items, and heroes

War

If you could use Amulets on war attack teams, that would actually be cool

Notes

One beta suggestion was letting players spec costumes separately, but each node cost 1x blue emblem ( do not get me started on golden emblems being non refundable when resetting ( greed, greed, greed ) )

FIN

3 Likes

I have updated the details about the balance updates here:

I am still waiting for the Beta to be able to upgradable.
So the new hero details will arrive once I the update is available.

3 Likes

The update option for Beta application is still not available.
Maybe it waiting for Approval by Apple and Google ?
(Meanwhile Staff is hidden the Beta feedback topics about V47, which were created by them earlier)
(I have some information about the earlier state in these topic about S5 map and amulet items. If Beta will not arrive shortly, then I will just add the topics based on that minimal information)

5 Likes

Thank you for still keeping us updated despite all these problems :pray:!

6 Likes

It looks like we might not be able to access Beta today.

I have added all information what is in the release notes about Season 5 to these topics.

Season 5 Provinces

Amulets

I will fill the missing information once Beta build is available (hopefully tomorrow).
I will also add a new topic for the Season 5 (a.k.a. Dunes) Summon Portal later.

7 Likes

The Beta issue is resolved.
I am start filling the missing parts from the topics.

Bennu + some family bonus changed details are now added here:

Season V Portal information:

8 Likes

Thanks as ever for keeping us updated @PlayForFun

3 Likes

I have just added some basic information to the gameplay topic.

During my progress on the map I will keep that updated further, and I will also update the amulet topic too.

2 Likes

The Amulets related topic is now updated too:

I consider this topic as complete.

I am not finished the provinces yet so the Provinces topic will have some more updates later.

3 Likes

Beta Update:

I have just noticed that a new “Slayer” mana speed is introduced in Beta for Slayer heroes.

Mana speed hint in the Beta:

I have done some testing.
Slayer mana speed still needs more than 11 tiles to charge, and they are charge in 12 tiles.
If it is not 12 then I am not sure what is the exact number so I have asked staff whether if this is just some text update from “Slow” or is there any further change.

6 Likes

That makes me wonder if they’ll end up performing differently in Rush somehow

Slayers would be in April, but since S5 is scheduled to be released next month, we’ll have to wait and see. I also assume the Slayer heroes we currently have will also be affected by this new speed?

3 Likes

The current Beta build’s testing has just ended.
The next Beta build will arrive tomorrow.
Staff have not shared any details about the content in it.

5 Likes

Petri just announced that the next beta will not be open this week as previously announced.
He will let us know when he knows when the next Beta build will arrive.

5 Likes

Version 47 Beta 2 still not arrived (and no new date is announced for it), but today we have received this from Staff to check out:

3 Likes

Version 47 Beta build 2 is just arrrived with some unexpected content:

New Season 2 Heroes added:

• Tethys
  • Oceanus

New Costumes added for the following Heroes:

• Legendary hero costumes:
    • Inari
  • Epic hero costumes:
    • Wilbur
    • Gadeirus
    • Ameonna