🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the round 2 of costumes for Season 3 (Valhalla) heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 4 new Costumes being tested in v53

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Frigg – Goddess of Clairvoyance
  • Odin – Valiant All-Father
  • Thor – Conduit of Thunder
  • Tyr – Savage Justice

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

5 :star: — Legendary Costume

• Frigg
  • Odin
  • Thor
  • Tyr
Frigg — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Frigg

Costume Frigg — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 841

Attack: 810
Defense: 810
HP: 1472

Class: Wizard
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)
Realm: Alfheim

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Brittling Burst

• Deals 170% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Deals additional 25% damage per each Nature shields on the board, up to 570% damage in total.
  • Target and nearby enemies get -15% attack, and a further -5% decrease per each Nature shield on the board for 3 turns, up to -55% attack.

Odin — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Odin

Costume Odin — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 830,

Attack: 800
Defense: 788
HP: 1463

Class: Fighter
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)
Realm: Midgard

Special Skill: Rage of Grimnir

• Deals 225% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -24% mana generation and a further -4% decrease per each Holy shield on the board for 3 turns, up to -64% mana generation.

Thor — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Thor

Costume Thor — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 830

Attack: 786
Defense: 771
HP: 1533

Class: Paladin
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)
Realm: Midgard

Mana Speed: Very Fast

Special Skill: Energy of Mjörnir

• Special Skill has a different effect on consecutive uses in the following order:
  • 1st:
    • Deals 185% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -25% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • 2nd:
    • Deals 260% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -35% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • 3rd:
    • Deals 290% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -54% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

Tyr — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Tyr

Costume Tyr — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 832

Attack: 810
Defense: 793
HP: 1443

Class: Barbarian
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)
Family: Helheim

Special Skill: Indestructible Claw

• Deals 245% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 528 Bleed damage over 4 turns. The caster absorbs 40% of the dealt Bleed damage as health.
  • If the caster dies during the next 4 turns. they are resurrected in the beginning of their turn with 40% health. All status effects and stacks are removed when the caster dies.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

It is same as the costume bonus for Season 1 heroes for Legendary costumes.

Stat Season 1 CB
Season 3 Legenday CB
Challenge Festival CB
Summer Event Hero CB
HoTM CB
Season 2 Hero CB
Season 3 Epic CB
Season 3 Rare CB
Halloween Event Hero CB
Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 3% 2%
HP 10% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 1% 1%

NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus and limit breaking.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes have the same family as the original hero.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

27 Oct 2022

New costumes arrived to Beta

:calendar: Release Date

Staff does not indicates when these costumes will arrive.

:link: Related Threads

8 Likes

Frigg and Odin are worse IMO but Tyr and Thor have really good costumes.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun the description of costiume frigg says baldur costiume

1 Like

Thx, I have fixed it.

1 Like

Rat, salmon, moth, male/female tricksters and evil cube lady are the only ones left without costumes. I expect alfrike to throw 10 cubes for her costume

3 Likes

I liked except for Frigg.

Odin I have mixed feelings about it. The hit increased but slowing enemies mana gain is not so great

Thor attacking all enemies in every charge is much better

And Tyr is a fast bypasser. I can pair him with Zagrog

1 Like

Holy cow! Up to -64% mana gen. And 5x.

Won’t that stop the attack team in their tracks somewhat if they are hit with -64% mana gen ?!

2 Likes

flanking a good purple tank with him and rhys…damn

2 Likes

I remember my (and others’) outrage the first time a non-S1 costume was in beta… lol that ship has sailed long ago, so here we are

as it is, I don’t have any of these heroes’ base forms (Bera is my only S3 5*) so if I ever do pull one, that is when I will study up on them :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Odin with costume will be a great tank. Probably the meta too. Yellow tank may come back if his costume stay as-is.

Guadian panthers next to Odin costume. GG.

2 Likes

I find it really really weird that SG introduce more S3 Costumes than S2 Costumes.

4 Likes

This is probably the most OP debuff you can cast on an offensive team.

5 Likes

I was thinking about that too. My guess is that S2 heroes are so far behind that even with a costume they’re not desirable enough for whales. So they introduced 2 brand new heroes and then moved onto S3 because those can be on par with meta with just a costume bonus and small tweaks.

2 Likes

I can’t understand 1 thing - why we don’t have complete S2 costumes - where’s Atomos costume? or SG/Zynga waiting that I’ll feed him to SE? (anyhow getting the new seasonal costume is very hard if you finished the map…)

3 Likes

I think even a tarlak costume would be great. He is desperately in need of a buff

2 Likes

Focus is not on releasing costumes for each season then moving on to the next.

They go out piecemeal to keep each completed season portal “fresh” to keep revenue coming in month after month.

Costumes will be released for most eventually.

4 Likes

With no way to summon if you finished the levels (f2p)

It was possible to do few summons in Atlantis rise if you really harvest hard the coins but even this is now limited with annoying " pay to get"

Bottom line more costumes for heroes that doesn’t need costumes to make people that p2w pay more… GG

2 Likes

They need to improve the allfather, Odin.

Elizabeth does basically more and she is a solid hero, and Odin should be amongs best!

My proposed idea :

• Deals 225% damage to all enemies.
    All allies gain shield on invurneability for 1 time (ignore one instance of dmg = same as gargoyle skin).
    All allies gain moderate mana during over next 3 turns.

There!

Like, comment and subscribe SG :slight_smile:

C Odin is good. Mana speed reduction is very debilitating. I think people understimate how much he will cripple a team that can’t cleanse. Fast speed too… and a fighter. Dangerous hero.

C Thor is good. Accuracy debuff is really annoying and can change the fight. His damage isn’t that high on the first charge but as a VF hero it’s likely that he’ll fire twice or more.

C Frigg… err, I like the original better. This one has higher potential damage, but her defense down was the biggest threat. Attack down isn’t bad, especially not up to -55%. It’s just not as good as defense down. Still a decent hero but not a significant improvement.

C Tyr… hmm, I think he needs a damage boost. 245% is just not enough. The original Thor could be ignored in fights because of his lowly damage. The revival was annoying but he didn’t do any real damage so who cares. The costume should avoid falling into the same trap. Bleed is not nearly as nice as direct damage. Self-healing and resurrection are nice too but again, who cares if you can mostly just ignore that hero anyway? I suggest bumping him to 260 or 275% to three.

I love Odin. He and Tyr were my first two leveled 5*s so I will be chasing these costumes. Odin was the king of my defense team for the longest time. Love the mana reduction drop with tiles.