🧪 Early information on the January 2023 HOTM -- Roughian & Nurgib [Part of The Beta Beat V53]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the January 2023 HOTM, Roughian & Nurgib

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Roughian & Nurgib Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 808

Attack: 801
Defense: 704
HP: 1470

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Class: Rogue
Family: Legends 2023

Innate Abilty: Mana on Health Recovery
This character receives 5% mana each time its health is recovered.

Innate Ability: Eat Minions and Gain Mana Over Time
Every 3 turns, eats all Minions for a random enemy and gains a small amount of mana for each eaten Minion.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Mana Scavenge

• Deals 420% damage to the target.
  • The more health the enemy has, the more damage they will receive, up to 570%.
  • Steals 50% mana from the target and distributes them on allies.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies get +80% chance to dodge status ailments for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

14 Likes

I like that new elemental link. Also, does that stack with normal dodge as well? that would be insane to dodge 80% of the time, stacked with the dodges provided by C-Kad and Hanitra

Wow, this hotm is borderline OP. And it’s only January

5 Likes

When I read his name Roughian & Nurgib I thought that those are two heros, one January and one February HoTM^^.

I’m sold, I want him! :dog:

I must say I really like him. I will definitely save most of my summons for January.

5 Likes

Much better than the joke in Dec. This new elemental link is very good.

1 Like

The lesser your team, the stronger in utility he gets. Really strong hero, so of course I won’t get him

5 Likes

Imagine pairing him with Hulda and Prof Liden for example :smiley: 10% mana each round

3 Likes

@PlayForFun based on the picture, I’m pretty sure it’s a female (calculator 80085)

3 Likes

This is a very exciting HotM! I look forward to seeing what the rest of 2023 will entail if this is what they’re starting off with!

Though… It’s fine, it’ll probably feel balanced/underpowered by the potential heroes we could see to come in the same year from paid for portals :smiley:

1 Like

20 characters of “wow”.

This is a very solid HotM

2 Likes

Great hotm, would appreciate to get him.

I’ll save my Christmas pulls for January… So that means i need to do my fated summon here immediately after soul exchange…

But… I love the mana gain. I’d take that every time.

The elemental link seems too good to be not nerfed…

guess I will be saving EHTs for January!

5 Likes

It’s only ailments. So damage still applies. Seems like a reasonable split the baby in 2… :baby_bottle:

1 Like

Ok, I have adjusted her topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally nice HOTM and not OP.

1 Like

This hero was the most exciting to enter beta today.
Fast mana
Steals mana
Minion control
Mana recovery passive

Has quite a few positives. Biggest downside is that they’re a sniper I guess.

9 Likes

There’s a lot to like about this hero. Stealing mana and sharing it with allies??? Hot Damn!! Minion eating and mana gain on health over time…sheesh!

And that elemental link…unless things get super crazy in '23, the Legends bonus is gonna be lit with all allies getting 80% dodge. Too bad we have to endure an entire year for it to activate, but this one will definitely find a place in my Fire Fighting team.

1 Like