🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Gargoyle Heroes - Matrera [Part of The Beta Beat v52]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Round 2 of Gargoyles Heroes: Matrera

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Sanctuary of Gargoyles Heroes

There are a total of one (1) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Sactuary of Gargolyles challenge event.

*The name of the new hero is: Matrera

5 :star: – Legendary Hero

Matrera- Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 835

Attack: 809
Defense: 791
HP: 1472

Class: Rogue
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Gargolye

Passive: Gargoyle’s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 4 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Special Skill: Sanction for Heresy

• Deals 560% damage to the target.
  • If the target dies, the exceed damage is dealt to each nearby enemy.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -40% attack for 3 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• September 23, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

9 Likes

Matrera is surely the last announced gargoyles seen on social medias (here with Gaillard). She looks not bad, like a 5* version of Bellerive.

7 Likes

Yes, she is that hero.

1 Like

I struggle to love average snipers. Perhaps the high damage will make this hero feel more like a hit 3. But it won’t.

4 Likes

She’s a 5 star Bellerive, who I personally have been happily impressed by.

3 Likes

Too bad he is average. Because if you got 8-9 tiles just use a Frida and hit 3 combo to murder 3. Why bother with hitting 1 with the possibility of hitting three?

3 Likes

Same here, I really came to love Bellerive. The 5* version deals so much more dmg… crazy

This hero is pointless, right?

My estimation puts this one at 1.38 Qt.

If there was any justice in E&P, all new heroes would be around the same value. Alas.
In this day and age, an average hero needs to do double that to be competitive.

1 Like

Matrera is released.
You can discuss her here: