🧪 The Beta Beat (v33) – New Costumes, Mythic Titans, Christmas Heroes & Quest, Future HotM's -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

More Season 1 Costumes!!

In V33 of Beta Testing we see the remaining Season 1 Hero Costumes entering beta for their first pass of testing.

This includes 9x Rare Costumes, 10x Epic Costumes and 6x Legendary Costumes!

Upcoming HotM’s

In V33 of Beta Testing we see our first look at the HotM’s for the first quater of 2021.

These also happen to be the first heroes in Generation 4 of the HotMs which now feature TWO (2) passive abilities.

For more specific information, check out these threads:

See also the December 2020 HotM (Reuben) who was introduced in V31 of Beta.

Mythic Titans

This is a feature that has been teased a couple times in 2020 & is tought to be the “Awesome new ways to play with your Alliance members” teased in the 2020 sneak peak.

Note that this is the FIRST pass of testing in Beta so it is HIGHLY likely that the mythic titans will undergo several iterations and may not be in Live Game until early 2021.

:snowman: Updated “Santa’s Challenge” – Christmas Seasonal Event

As has been the case for all the other Seasonal Events, the Christmas time event is getting it’s awaited Revamp which includes Updated Quest, New Heroes, Family Bonus & Increased Portal Odds.

For more information check out these threads:

:crossed_swords: New War Rules

Returning to Beta in Version 33 for testing is the “Elemental Charge” War Rule. This was first seen in V32 of Beta but was met with widespread “needs more work” feedback from Beta Testers & did not get released with the other New Rules in the V32 Update.

Elemental Charge is the only New War Rule slated for testing in V33 of Beta Testing.

Read more about it here: 🧪 Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33]

:partying_face: QoL Improvements

QoL = Quality of Life

Nil yet announced in V33 Beta Testing.

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have realeased some insight into the other content that is slated for testing in V33 of beta.

The list of features includes:

• New Costumes – October 15
  • Updated Christmas Event – October 22
  • New War Rule: Elemental Charge – October 22 (RETURNING)
  • HotMs for Jan, Feb & March – October 28
  • Mythic Titans – October 28/ November 4

As always, information will be published when known & when time permits

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V32 Beta Testing Cycle

15 October, 2020

Beta V33 has opened for the first time with Remaining Season 1 Costumes.

20 October, 2020

V33.1 Beta has closed for testing.

22 October, 2020

V33.2 Beta has opened for testing. Included is the first look at the updated Christmas Seasonal Event & New Christmas (Winter) heroes.
Also the “Elemental Boost” War Rule has returned to Beta.

26 October, 2020

V33.2 Beta has closed for testing.

28 October, 2020

V33.3 Beta opened for testing. Included for testing is the first look at the new Mythic Titans content.
Also returning to beta for further testing are the Christmas heroes with some further balance changes.

3 November, 2020

V33.3 Beta has closed for testing. Staff have indicated that the next beta build is planned to open tomorrow.

4 November, 2020

V33.4 of beta testing has opened for testing. Included in the build are

• 4 of the costumes with balance changes
  • New HotM for January and February
  • New War Rule - Elemental Charge (cosmetic changes only).

9 November, 2020

V33.4 of beta has closed for testing.

10 November, 2020

V33.5 of beta has opened for testing. No new content but returning for additional testing are the HotMs, Christmas Heroes & Costumes.
Balance changes made to Krampus and Uraeus

12 November, 2020

Beta V33.5 has now closed. Staff have indicated that this was the FINAL round of V33 beta testing.
A new beta version (V34) is being planned but not known when it’ll start.

Other Beta Content

Other content that has been tested in Beta but is not yet released to live game includes:

• Additional S3 Legendary Heroes
  • Raid Formations
  • New War Rules

🧪 The Beta Beat (v31) – Ninja Tower Event; Alliance Member Online/Offline Indicator; Raid Formations; New ROUND 4 Season 3 Heroes; Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec HOTM – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

🧪 The Beta Beat (v32) – Ninja Tower Event; Ninja Tower Heroes & Troops, Updated Halloween Event & New Halloween Heroes -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

13 Likes

No real idea what else will be featured in V33 beta testing BUT one thing of note is that Beta App has changed over to having the Christmas Themed loading screen… So I expect that testing for new christmas heroes & event will come along before toooo long :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

I’m guessing that October’s costume event won’t include the V33 costumes; any guesses on whether the targeted release date will be in time for the November event?

1 Like

Hopefully soon…saving all costume keys for new costume release! Burning a hole in my inventory

Nope. Pretty well 0% chance of that happening.

November I would say maybe a 50% chance of them being in there.

Definitly in for the December Event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not spending keys or gems until they come out either. Even tho I still don’t have cSonya, dang it!

4 Likes

@Guvnor Do you think we’ll have info on the next round of HotM before December? I’m trying to use my limited resources where I can get the most value. I was considering doing pulls in December (Knights, Santa’s Challenge, Reuben), but I’ll wait if there’s a better HotM on the horizon.

No idea tbh. The ones that have been tested in Beta (Glenda & Reuben) will take us through to December 2020. Usually we get the next set of 3 HotM for testing 2 or so months before the first one will be released to game…

So the next batch of 3x HotM will be for Jan, Feb & March 2021 so I expect we will get first look at them in November 2020.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Is there any info yet on new Christmas seasonal event heroes? Following the pattern, I would assume that there will be 1 new 5* hero, 1 new 4* hero, and 1 new 3* hero. It would be nice if we had this info before the Halloween Return to Morlovia seasonal event is over so we can decide how to budget our EHTs and gems.

If it’s not got a beta-beat thread which will be linked from a main summary Beta-Beat thread (like this one is for V33) then there is no information :stuck_out_tongue:

Any murmurs of a start date for Morlovia?

Still the same as previously asked :slight_smile:

When's Halloween Event 2020? (Master question thread so stop making new ones!)

Still waiting for confirmation from Staff on a start date.

1 Like

Cmon’ SG, we need the Grinch 5* legendary hero.

Special Skill: Steal Christmas
Speed: Average

• Steal all dispellable buffs from all enemies and reallocates them to self.
  • Deals 69% dmg to all enemies and an additional 69% for each redundant buff reallocated to self.
  • All enemies receive 69 poison dmg per turn for 3 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.
  • Summons Grinch Minion for self with 10% Hp and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
11 Likes

Is there a new hero expected for Christmas?

All the other seasonal events got new heroes in 2020, so I believe that Christmas event will probably have new heroes also, but there is no detailed info about it yet.

@francismarin66; moved your thread.

Beta Update

Have updated the below section of the OP. Based on this test schedule we could indeed see new costumes in game in the November Event.

Also Beta V33.1 is closed for testing as of Tuesday the 20th October.

14 Likes

I for one am thankful they’re testing the Christmas heroes before the Halloween event starts. Allowing us not to roll the dice on which event we’d like to use our hoarded EHTs for is a nice atta boy from/for SGG.

4 Likes

i totally aggree with you. i would’ve used them for christmas anyway cause want mother north and already have victor, even if the new 5* of halloween are pretty good and would like to have them.