Why are there so many slow, red 3 star heroes

Good day forum peoples,

Looking at my roster I had always wondered why so many red rare heroes are slow. Started with Jahangir then Sudri - Vollermork - Li -Waqas. New Mighty Pets come out, and there’s slow AF Rufus staring me in the face. I know reds started slow right when the game came out with Khagan and Elena, but why the unproportionate amount going to red? Is it a Slow Burn?

I know there’s not an answer for this, but when setting up my three star rush no blue defense…I have too many reds!

Cheers!

6 Likes

Hmm…this made me curious. I think you’re right that there are noticeably more red 3*s that are slow compared to other colors, but there are more than a handful fast/average as well. I checked my roster and these are non-slows that I currently have:

Skrekok - average
Bauchan - average
Namahage - fast
Rudolph - fast
Squire Wabbit - fast
Ei-Dunn - average
Phonicus - average
Hawkmoon - average

2 Likes

I’m waiting for someone to come out with statistics on mana speed per color :stuck_out_tongue:

on a not very related note: Green also seems to be the devs’ fave in terms of numbers … for the S1 classics anyway. Five Green 4* and six Green 3*, definitely more than any other color (where most only have four 4* and four 3*). .

2 Likes

Odd coincidence but they keep piling up for every new batch of heroes!

You’re welcome :wink:

Speed Blue Green Purple Red Yellow Sum
Very Fast 3 3 7 6 5 24
Fast 26 31 23 26 28 134
Average 39 31 39 39 34 182
Slow 12 17 14 16 12 71
Very Slow - 2 3 - 2 7
Slayer 2 2 2 3 1 10
Charge* 5 6 7 8 6 32
Sum 87 92 95 98 88 460

*Charge = those with mana overload as Magic, Ninja …

18 Likes

Thank you for putting g an end to my wait :wink: well done @Torgin

Awesome! Yeah there are a lot of slow 5 star greens!

Thanks Torgin

Here’s the breakdown by speed, color and stars:

Speed B3 B4 B5 G3 G4 G5 P3 P4 P5 R3 R4 R5 Y3 Y4 Y5 Sum 3* Sum 4* Sum 5* Total
Very Fast - 2 1 1 - 2 1 1 5 - - 6 - 1 4 2 4 18 24
Fast 4 5 17 6 7 18 5 3 15 6 7 13 7 5 16 28 27 79 134
Average 12 6 21 8 8 15 9 12 18 4 12 23 5 6 23 38 44 100 182
Slow 2 2 8 3 3 11 3 1 10 5 3 8 3 3 6 16 12 43 71
Very Slow - - - - 2 - 1 - 2 - - - - - 2 1 2 4 7
Slayer - - 2 1 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 1 - - 1 2 3 5 10
Charge 1 1 3 1 2 3 - 3 4 2 1 5 - 2 4 4 9 19 32
Sum 19 16 52 20 23 49 20 20 55 17 25 56 15 17 56 91 101 268 460
12 Likes

This is extremely helpful. So the breakdown of Amount of slow vs. total 3 star heroes is:

Purple 3/20
Yellow 3/15
Blue 2/19
Green 3/20
Red 5/17

This shows I’m not crazy. 3 star Red has a much larger percentage of Slow heroes.

3 Likes

With all of those slow reds, your attacking team might be marooned!

2 Likes

Same reason there are so many heavy blue hitters:

They want you to summon again for a new hero for that role.

Same reason they nerfed xnolphod: make you summon for another dark tank

And so on.

1 Like

Beta just came out with new Xmas heroes. We are getting a new rare red hero. He’s slow…

I’ll quote this thread in my feedback.

2 Likes

Red heroes are mostly slow and yellow heroes are mostly support.

My stock response to a statement like this - your suspicion being correct doesn’t mean you aren’t crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You are not wrong at all. I save all my crazy for non forum activities

I would say that colors are meant to be different. It would be rather dumb to have 5 colors and make them all exactly the same. What would be the point?
So each colors have their specialties, some have lots of blind or mana steal or fire/poison damage, some have lots of AoE hitters, others have lots of snipers or lots of healers… No matter what you look at you will (hopefully) always find a color imbalance.

So red 3 stars have lots of slow AoE hitters… nothing fancy about it.

1 Like

What you say is absolutely true. But I’m at the point where really I need to get rid of the ones that aren’t as good as the top two. The game wants us to buy more roster space, but having 5 three star slow reds makes thing a little too muddled.

Always enjoys your post Gargon. Game discussion is really something I enjoy

Nobody says you have to keep them all :smiley: Pick the best ones get rid of the rest.

I am not keeping all the heroes I get, but I do keep the newer ones, as they are the most likely to get buffs after a while :wink:
For example I have been holding on to Li (even though I think he´s probably the worst of the lot, but with the constant buffing and nerfing of W3K, one never knows when he comes out on top. I´ll probably do the same for the new one. Don´t think he´s a real improvement over my Waqas and Sudri. But who knows what happens when Pet sales go down :wink: I have Jahangir since before, and I don´t like feeding away maxed heroes, so he´ll just sit there gather dust, maybe he gets a second costume some time?
tough choices…

and yes talking shop is the whole reason for being here :slight_smile:

1 Like

My yellows are: Devana, Leonidas, Joon, Poseidon, Zekena, Justice, Jackal, Griffin, Gretel, LiXiu, Chao, Hu Tao, WuKong.
Almost only (quite) strong hitters.
I think it is the color I have the least support heroes. Where are they?

Agreed!

If also like to add the other disproportionate amounts of:

• 4* Healers in Holy
  • 5* Healers in Nature
  • Absolutely so few 4* - in general - in Ice
  • Too many great purple 5* vs other elements

…I’m probably missing some, but man, these all bother me so much…

5 Likes