🧪 Early Information on Contest of Elements (Nature) Event [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Contest of Elements Quest - Nature Version.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Contest of Elements Quest

The Contest of Elements Quest structure is similar to the Tavern Legends Quest as it contains 10 stages, which can be played succesfully only once.

Hero Roster Mastery

There will be Hero Roster Mastery just like the Taverns Quest:

Special Gameplay

You can only bring Nature heroes to the battles.
As noted in the rules you bring twice amount of battle items what you can usually do. (Eg: 20 Small mana potions, 10 Tornados, and you will need those as even the first stage has 5 waves.
Hunter’s Lodge items are also allowed.

All waves are like a boss stage, where all enemies are elite enemies.
There is at least 1 boss at every wave, which is a Nature hero from the portal.
The final wave contains 3 Nature boss heroes.

Stage WE Recommended TP Waves Elemental Summon Coins
1 4 3000 5 10
2 5 3300 5 10
3 6 3600 5 10
4 7 4000 5 15
5 7 4300 5 15
6 8 4600 5 20
7 8 4800 5 20
8 9 5000 5 25
9 9 5200 5 25
10 10 5400 5 50
Total 73 200

Mana speed in the event

As you can read in the rules above all tiles are charging your heroes even the off color tiles.
Off colour tiles charge only 20% of the usual charge, while on color tiles charge your heroes with 40% of the usual speed.

I have created a table about how much tiles needed to charge you heroes at various mana speeds without any mana troop or mana generation buff / stack:

kép

Hero and monster stats:

Credits to @birksg

Topic about the new Heroes in the Quest:

Super Elemental Portal

The portal is very special as it contains various heroes from various seasons and events, and the new Super Elemental heroes.
The regular Elemental Portal is replaced with this Super Elemental Portal.
Costumes are not included the portal.

The portal runs on Gems and Elemental Coins.

Super Elemental Nature Chest

Summon 10 tiems to open a Super Elemental Nature Chest !

Super Elemental Nature Chests can contain Nature Trainer Heroes, Food Bundeles, Nature Ascension Materials and Nature Limit Break Materials.

Your progress towards the next chest will carry over to the next Super Elemental Summon event if you still have chests in stock.

Chest in stock: 9.

Available Heroes

Right now in Beta these heroes are available in the portal:

Featured Heroes:

• Roz
  • Xandrella
Hero Type Rarity Hero Count Hero list
Season 1 Legendary 4 Elkanen, Horghall, Kadilen, Lianna,
Season 1 Epic 5 Caemon, Kasshrek, Little John, Melendor, Skitteskull,
Season 1 Rare 6 Belith, Berden, Brienne, Carver, Friar Tuck, Ishhtak
Season 2 Legendary 2 Atomos, Tarlak
Season 2 Epic 2 Gadeirus, Gobbler
Season 2 Rare 2 Mnesseus, Muggy
Season 3 Legendary 3 Frigg, Heimdall, Ratatoskr
Season 3 Epic 2 Almur, Brynhild
Season 3 Rare 2 By-Ulf, Grevle
Season 4 Legendary 3 Garjammal, Lughaidh, Phileas Fogg
Season 4 Epic 1 Tettukh
Season 4 Rare 1 Gramps
Season 5 Legendary 1 El Naddeha
Season 5 Epic 1 Ptolemy
Season 5 Rare 1 Faiez
Old Challenge Event Legendary 5 Guardian Chameleon Lady Locke, Lady of the Lake, Morgan Le Fay, The Hatter
Old Challenge Event Epic 2 Hansel, Peters
Old Challenge Event Rare 1 Schrubbear
New Challenge Event Legendary 3 Arco, Eliora & Fluffy, Toxicandra
New Challenge Event Epic 3 Kalo, Orla, Marcel,
New Challenge Event Rare 3 Gnomer, Noril, Whacker
Seasonal Events Legendary 3 Francine, Mother North, Yunan
Seasonal Events Epic 3 Buddy, Jack O’Hare
Seasonal Events Rare 1 Hisan
Past hero of the Month Legendary 12 Alberich, Balbar, Bertilla, Elradir, Evelyn, Gregorion, Kingston, Margaret, Silvaria, Telluria, Zeline, Zocc
Tower events Legendary 4 Cristobal, Jade, Peridot, Quenell
Tower events Epic 1 Anton
Tower events Rare 1 Dölgöön
War of the 3 Kingoms Legendary 2 Guan Yu, Liu Bei
War of the 3 Kingoms Rare 1 Jing
Alliance Quest Legendary 1 Quenell
Alliance Quest Rare 1 Franz, Wren

Appearance Rates

The chance of Season heroes are no longer visible in the Apperance Rates.
All Holy Heroes who are at least 180 days old are available in the portal.

• Rare Hero: 71.0%
  • Epic Hero: 26.5%
  • Legendary Hero (Non Featured): 2.3%
  • Legendary Featured Hero: 0.2%
  • Bonus Draw
    Hero of the Month: 1.3%
  • Bonus Trainer Hero Draw:
    • Common Nature Trainer Hero: 10%
    • Uncommon Nature Trainer Hero: 7%
    • Rare Nature Trainer Hero: 5%
    • Epic Nature Trainer Hero: 3%

Summon Costs

• Single: 400 Gems or 100 Super Elemental Coins
  • 10x: 3400 Gems

Super Elemental Coin Summon Token

In-game tooltip:

Used for a free summon at the Super Elemental Summon. You need 100 coins for one summon.

:question: Questions

Release date: Most likely on December 5th

Will be there quest to other elements: Yes

Recurrence of the event: Every second month.

Will be there new 3/4 star heroes: Maybe

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

6 Likes

Interesting that green elemental chaos charges faster than holy (10 vs. 14) and transforms more tiles (7 vs. 5). Maybe it will be easier.

1 Like

The bosses (Roz and Xandrella) make the nature version harder than Holy. Jequen doing 200% at very fast seems dangerous, but Roz doing 500% at fast can take you out quickly, especially when she can hit all five of your heroes and bypass taunt. Xandrella is the easier boss here since you can antidote the mindless attack, but also does a ton of damage.

3 Likes

How come Roz can bypass taunt? Nothing of the kind is stated or implied in the hero card. 🧪 Early Information on Contest of Elements (Nature) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v51]

Is it a side effect of the number of targets being variable?

3 Likes

Hmmm bonus draw with trainer heros…

Let’s see if people come and complain that bonus draw of trainer heros steal their chance to get bonus hotm :grimacing:

1 Like

Do we have an idea when the event will be? December? Early next year?

Also, I know it’s not the first time, but I just love how the featured heroes have a drop rate of 2‰…

This will arrive on as I recall on December 5th.

1 Like

They might implement that change for the next yellow CoE though. :smiling_face:
A welcoming “balance” change.

1 Like

Yes it should be on the 5th of December, same time slot as the Mythic Titan.

1 Like

I was able to complete all 10 stages on my first try, but be careful of Roz. Her sniping power combined with the ability to do damage to more than one hero can quickly ruin you.

Teams used by stage:

Stage 1: TP 2568: C.Friar Tuck - Shrubbear - Carver - Hissan - Mnesseus
Stage 2: TP 3309: Grevle - Dolgoon - C.Berden - Whacker - Gnomer
Stages 3-4: TP 3483: C.Mel - Buddy - C.Lianna - Noril - Noril
Stages 5-6: TP 4175: Caedmon - Wren - Ptolemy - Grace - Elkanen
Stages 7-8: TP 4368: C.Mel - Mielikki - C.Yunan - Peters - C.Lianna
Stages 9-10 TP: 4453: Alberich - Almur - Silvaria - Little John - Kingston

These TPs are well below the “recommended”. I guess I’m glad they have these to show they’re difficult, but I think it gives folks the wrong impression. I bet we’ll see some posts of folks that can’t make teams to match the recommended team power.

Stages 9 and 10 were actually the easiest as I saved some of my best heroes for last. Another Almur would be helpful. I should have used Mother North and Buddy earlier too. But it’s also nice to save in case something goes wrong.

My green roster

5 Likes

Beginning the process of thinking through this now. Think I’m ok for the healers with grevle, Faiez, kashrek, Melendor & LotL. No overhealing late on but stage 1/2 will probably be flank kash and By ulf so as I can heal all team still.

Last 2 stages I think will be LotL, Guan Yu, Kingston, Almur, Caedmon.will need to properly look at roster to figure out. I have a feeling that like last time my main struggle will come in levels 5-8 where I try and stretch depth but once get to main team I should be ok.

2 Likes

I have Quenell, El Naddaha, LOTL, Almur and Winifred for the 2 last stages. Winifred and her monstrous attack down will make it easier

Now I need to make the puzzle for the other stages from 1 to 8.

1 Like

Oh great, more powerful heroes for Nature when in Nature I only have Kashhrek as my overhealer - at least in Holy I had 2x Gullinbursti that gave healing to all. I feel like I am going to be using a lot of revive scrolls haha

I think my last 2 will be who i use for raids:
Mother North / Evelyn / lady of the Lake / Liana / Kingston

1 Like

Well, maybe at last I will be able to get higher than in yellow, in green I don’t suffer from shortage of healers (and even overhealers):
3*: Belith (w/costume), Grevle (overhealer), Faiez (overhealer), Gramps.
4*: 2x Melendor (w/costume), Kashhrek(w/costume->overhealer), Gadeirus (w/costume->overhealer)
5*: Heimdall (overhealer)
However, I have only 26 maxed green heroes, so I will probably have to use some unlevelled ones on first stages to have some reserve if a stage goes bad…

I am not quite sure what teams i will use for 5 - 10 exactly, I do have some decent enough ones in terms of healers and a few minion makers. I just wish some more of mine had emblems like Brontes could be useful.

The following was reported in a beta thread

SG said they’d look into it. It’s possible this will change by the time this goes live.

3 Likes

Well you can see my entire roster that I posted is limited to Grevle as an overhealer (or Ptolemy if you count him).
I’m not sure if it’s necessarily more powerful for nature. Xandrella is easy to deal with with just an aintidoe. It’s more that Roz is a sniper and snipers can do massive damage to one hero. It’s just different.
I wouldn’t use Kashhrek. I’m surprised you have three of him. Using revive scrolls isn’t a big deal as I assume most people have a ton without ever crafting them. I don’t think I used a revive scroll anywhere other than on the first wave in the ten stages.
You’re more than fine on healers: LOTL, MN, Rat, Mel, Ptolemy, Grevle
You also have more than one EDD which will help a lot.
Stages 5-6 will be the hardest with your roster.
9-10 will be easy with LOTL. Evelyn-LOTL-Kingston-Lianna-LJ
7-8 will be fine because you can use MN to keep yourself alive and Almur to improve damage for everyone else. MN - Almur - Cad - Cad - Orla
5-6 I’d go Rat - Hansel - Hansel - Peters - Lady Locke
3-4 Mel - Noril - Kad - Skittle - Gobbler
1-2 Grevle - Jing - Whacker - Isshtak - Berden

You still have Shrubbear, Jack, Jing, and Mnesseus on the bench if you want to use either.

It’s not healers you will struggle with, but hitters.

1 Like

Teams with some thinking.

Stage 1/2

Managed with multiple unleveled in the yellow quest for these stages so happy with this. Potentially lacking firepower so may have to do some carpet bombing depending on how things go…

Stages 3/4

Keeping Faiez and CBrienne alive will be trickiest part. Can see needing arrows to blind, dragon banners for Def up, revive scrolls and time stops on these levels.

Stages 5/6

Hansel will be finished in time and with emblems

Stages 7/8

Franz joins the fray.

Stages 9/10

Heavyweights time

2 Likes

Do you need both zocc and LotL on one team? I don’t have her so I can’t speak to how well control the enemies but I would think zocc could be better utilized elsewhere to slow enemies.

Regardless those are solid teams. I see 5/6 being the toughest for you.

1 Like