🧪 Early Information on minor QoL updates [Part of The Beta Beat v53 - Beta build 1]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on some minor QoL updates in Version 53 Beta Build 1.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

List of QoL updates

Hero Roster improvements

How it looks in Beta ?

There are two new options added Scroll Helper ad Prioritize Teams.
Both options can be turn on/off independently from any other options.

• If you click on Scroll Helper then the two arrows are became hidden / visible on the bottom right.

• If you click on the new “UP” arrow, then it scrolls to the top of your hero roster.
    • If you click on the new “DOWN” arrow, then it scrolls to the bottom of your hero roster.
  • If you turn on Prioritize Teams, then heroes from your favorite teams will be on the top.

• If you turn off Prioritize Teams, then heroes from your favorite teams will not have a special location in the Hero roster so they will be shown, where they should be shown based on the selected Sort By option.

Max power view

How it looks in Beta ?

If you open a hero card from the Summon portal, then there is a new toggle button on the top left, which is turned off by default.

If it is turned off, then the summon portals show the hero cards as they are visible now in the game at 4/80 or 4/70 or 3/50.

If you turned it on, then “Max power view” is turned on, and the hero card shown with limit broken and max emblemed state (In the talent tree the left talent nodes are selected)
(Thx @Obsidianj3 for the (almost perfect) example picture in Tetisheri topic)

Note

All of these options as sticky.
The game remembers your selection so the hero roster / hero cards will be shown according to your previous selection even if you close and restart the game.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

27 November, 2022

The costumes are added for testing.

:link: Related Threads

16 Likes

I applaud improvements to the hero roster, but I must admit I find this arrow design odd. Why not just add a scrollbar to the right? Then you can quickly scroll through the entire roster as well as quickly go to the top and bottom, and not just do the latter… (By “grabbing” and moving the scroller thumb.)

4 Likes

Glad to see some QoL in beta at least… then it’s not all new heroes or revenue making measures :wink:

7 Likes

Now this is really saddening :sob: I was really hoping for a scrollbar! Sure they can keep the “go to top/bottom” button but please add a freaking SCROLLBAR for God’s sake while they are working on roster UX!

We need to go on a strike to get a SCROLLBAR!

A welcome setting, I like it :smiley:

8 Likes

It is a start, but I’d love to have a filter, not just a sort.

4 Likes

Yea, most importantly, a filter to filter out the favorite heroes so I see only my feeders when I am leveling a hero! That would be a lot less useless scrolling too!!!
Would be a very welcome QoL improvement.

1 Like

Wow, I can see I got carried away when I read about this earlier. Oh well. It’s a start. I had really hoped for a bigger overhaul to the UI. But, it’s a start. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

@PlayForFun

Can you ask DEVT team if adding on more teams is possible ?

15 teams is just sad these days.

It would have been okay in the early years.

With such a huge increase in Hero Codex, adding on more teams will help with roster sorting.

It’s not like those extra teams are free. Need to buy from the Shop. Doesn’t Zynga/SGG want to earn this money ?

Or a scroll bar would be immensely helpful. Not the up or down arrows. Is a scroll bar that difficult to code ?

5 Likes

Right. I’d like to be able to filter by rarity, color, and mana speed at the minimum. I’d also like the ability to sort by attack, defense, or hp.

2 Likes

I would like to be able to mark heroes I am leveling and then have a “sort” that only shows heroes being marked as leveling and those that are unlocked. That would eliminate a lot of the scrolling.

1 Like

Left or right? Picture shows right.

Sorry, right as you can see it on the “mockup”.
I have fixed the OP too.

1 Like

20 characters of moving in the right direction.

2 Likes

20 characters of baby step in the right direction instead of actually adding an actual scrollbar!

8 Likes

Yes, that would be better, or a pager would be good to. (These buttons just scroll 1 page up/down).

Is this some kind of inside joke, that you’re calling it a hero rooster, not roster? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Well, that’s not me, that’s @PlayForFun :thinking:

Thx, I have fixed these in the OP.

Probably it’s just a spellchecker :wink:

@PlayForFun I just thought about it but are the hero roster view QoL changes also coming to the troop roster view? Especially the prioritize team toggle. It would be really helpful on the troop view too.