🧪 Early Information on New Santa's Challenge Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the new Santa’s Challenge Heroes

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Santa’s Challenge Heroes

*There are a total of five (5) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Santa’s Challenge.

*The names of the new heroes are:

• Legendary: Augustus, Peppermint, Tinsel
  • Epic: Sugarplum
  • Rare: Buster

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger, when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family:

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

+2% / 3% healh for Minions inherited from their summoner
+5% / 10% attack for Minions inherited from their summoner

Event Hero Bonus

The members of this family have additional perks in the Santa’s Challenge event.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Augustus
  • Peppermint
  • Tinsel

Augustus -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Augustus – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 836

Attack: 778
Defense: 832
HP: 1472

Class: Druid
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Slow
Family: Winter

Special Skill: Wishdom of the Gnomes

• Cleanses status ailments from all allies.
  • Boosts health for all allies by 690. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Boosts health by additional 30 per each Nature shield on the board, up to 930 boosted health.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 7% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies get +34% defense and a further 6% increase per each Nature shields on the board for 5 turns, up to +82% defense.

Peppermint -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Peppermint – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 809
Defense: 821
HP: 1417

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Putrid Perfume

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 7% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies receive 272 Poison damage, and an increase of 16 damage per each Dark shield on the board over 4 turns up to 400 damage.

Tinsel -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Tinsel – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 838
Defense: 793
HP: 1400

Class: Wizard
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Malevolent Toys

• Deals 340% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -14% defense, and a further -5% decrease per each Ice shield on the board for 4 turns, up to -54% defense.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -10% accuracy, and a further -5% decrease per each Ice shield on the board for 4 turns, up to -50% accuracy.

4 :star: – Epic Heroes

• Sugarplum

Sugarplum -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Sugarplum – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 684

Attack: 622
Defense: 716
HP: 1298

Class: Cleric
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Special Skill: Hearty Stew

• Recovers 20% heath for all allies.
  • Recovers additional 3% health per each Holy shield on the board, up to 44% health in total.
  • All allies get +14% attack, and a further 5% increase per each Holy shield on the board for 4 turns, up to +54% attack.

3 :star: – Rare Heroes

• Buster

Buster -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Buster – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 484

Attack: 509
Defense: 451
HP: 825

Class: Barbarian
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Special Skill: Frosty Punches

• Deals 275% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for the caster with 7% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All damage the target and nearby enemies receive is increased by +24% and a further +2% increase per each Fire shield on the board for 4 turns, up to +40% increased damage.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• November 3, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

10 Likes

tinsel🤯speechless, fast doing 340 to 3 plus up to -54 defence… and moree

3 Likes

Peppermint is a dude? And his special is called Putrid Perfume? LOL

6 Likes

Yes, he is. He have a very long beard.

3 Likes

That’s funny… would be a good pull for me, my purple tank isn’t the best.

2 Likes

More heroes to nerf? Lol

5 Likes

Where is Mr. pengi costume?? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

No extra passive for christmas heroes? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

No, there is no passive added for them :frowning:

3 Likes

Tinsel looks awesome the one to chase only. But pengi, krampus and tinsel all blue. Ä°f you dont want/need a blue, time to save coins for next event

2 Likes

less interesting, because there is no passive skill like halloween hero :frowning:

4 Likes

And yet anóther 5* GREEN healer… Would’ve been much better if there was a green hitter instead of another healer…
Huge healing effect, though… but with Arco, MN, LotL, Toxicandra and some others there are already plenty of green healers. At least it’s a druid and no cleric like most healers these days…

8 Likes

Cant like your post, beacuse I dont approve of no passive :slight_smile:
Also their family bonus needs to improve

6 Likes

That crippled family bonus and power of their minions are kinda sad.
Considering with all the crazy heroes we got now.
Its should go pre-nerf.

2 Likes

It sure didn’t take long to kick sand in SillyBanana’s face, didn’t it? I mean, I generally don’t expect HotMs to go head-to-head with some of the best new heroes, but Augustus seems to be deliberately stepping on “kawaii” toes (similar overheal but to all, instead of to three, cleanses first, etc)

1 Like

I’m shocked, a slow red 3 star , who would’ve thought ?

10 Likes

7% minions… Please become the meta so skadi can feast…

Also… This is surprisingly underwhelming… I’ll do more happen pulls and maybe get matilda.

4 Likes

3s slow red hard hitter
4s yellow healer

Groundbreaking. Something we really needed in the game, totally new.

The 5s’s seem quite a powerhouse. Heroes like Augustus make you wonder what’s the point of “reduce max health” heroes (Morax, you poor poor guy)

6 Likes

Personally, all of the new heroes with the exception of Tinsel all kinda stink. I get that they are better than S1 and S2, but Peppermint and Augustus don’t really add anything new nor do they seem like Christmas heroes. I mean, look at Peppermint’s special skill and name and tell me he wasn’t a rejected Halloween hero. He doesn’t belong in that portal, especially given his color. I’m surprised they didn’t have Mr. Frost or the Blizzard wizard. Seems very lazy and super disappointing. Looks like the Halloween portal is getting my coins.

6 Likes

Tinsel looking strong, the rest is kinda meh…

But maybe that´s on purpose, make us spend all our EHTs on Halloween and when that event ends all the christmas heroes get a buff and voila… everybody has to buy more EHTs now, because they spent them on Halloween, which simultaneously gets a nerf so you can trash all the fancy M&Ms hahaha.

5 Likes