🧪 The Beta Beat (V57) – New Magic Heroes, Ninja heroes, S5 hero, HoTM -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

:thinking: What’s this all about?

Click Here for Details About This Thread's Intention & Format

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’ve created The Beta Beat to help centralize it for those who are interested.

The Beta Beat is a series of threads which are evolving as I get feedback on what’s helpful to players.

My main focus is giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

IMPORTANT: I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of heroes or functionality to be removed, reworked, or radically changed beyond recognition.

Tower of Magic

2023 June HoTM:

New S5 hero:

New Ninja heroes:

2023 July HoTM:

Season 4 costumes

Hotm costumes

Dark Contest of Elements

Other Beta Content

(These were tested in earlier Beta versions. These might come back to testing or not…)

Earlier Beta contents

New Season 5 Hero

New Season 2 Costumes

New Season 3 Costumes

2023 April HotM

2023 May HotM

New Avalon costumes and hero

New Jungle Hunter heroes

Contest of Elements - Fire

Ninja heroes

Valhalla hero costumes

Styx heroes

New S1 costumes

Bard Heroes

Additional Valhalla hero costumes

Season 1 Secondary Costumes

Season 2 Costumes:

HotM Costumes

Abyss Hunters

New Season 5 Hero

New Mighty Pets Heroes and Event changes

New Jungle Hunter Heroes

Journey Heroes

Season 1 secondary costumes

Beta Feature Tracking/ Forecasted Content

Staff have not yet released any further insight into the future V50 Beta testing content.

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:calendar: Beta Schedule

Beta Name Status Open Closed
Beta 1 Testing Ended WE 22.3 MON 27.3
Beta 2 Testing Ended WED/THU 29.3/30.3 MON 3.4.
Beta 3 Testing Ended WED 4.5 MON 10.4
Final Beta Testing Planned MON 11.4 FRI 14.4

:exclamation: Beta Updates

This section will be updated over time as there are updates to the V57 Beta Testing Cycle

March 21, 2023.

• New magic heroes + event update

March 28, 2023.

• New ninja heroes
  • 2023 June HotM
  • New S5 hero

April 5, 2023

• 2023 July HotM
  • New HotM costumes
  • Nre S4 costumes
23 Likes

Oh goody. How novel, new heros :joy::rofl::wink:.

Thanks @PlayForFun for the Update and all that you do to keep the player community informed.:trophy:

16 Likes

I agree 100%, with both the “oh, MORE heroes!” and the gratitude for @PlayForFun for all the hard work and keeping us informed :slight_smile:

11 Likes

We will have 10 new heroes:

• 1-1 are new Rare and Epic the rest are Legendaries.

• They will have a brand new Passive.

• One older Magic Family Passive reworked: When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to give -20% attack → -25% mana generation for 3 turns to all enemies. If the Special Skill is fully charged, the chance is 100%.

• This reworked Passive can be tested with the following Heroes:
    • CristĂłbal
    • Anastasia
    • Dölgöön
  • Tower of Magic Floors rebalanced based on the addition of new Heroes
  • Tower of Magic Summon now has Featured Heroes
8 Likes

10! my gosh… though with the expansion of the ninja family, I really should not be surprised.

I’m really glad this game’s slogan isn’t “gotta catch em all”. That’s just… a big… stretch…

yes of course, the pattern continues…

from Imgflip Meme Generator

on the plus side, I have Anastasia and I am eager to test her new passive, so there’s that :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

In the meantime, monsters from the island and dragons from the 2022 sneak peek are crying in a corner, slowly falling into absolute oblivion

5 Likes

And how many floors are there in the new tower? 25?

3 Likes

There is no information on that yet, but I will let you and everyone know.

5 Likes

Yay! New Magic heros! Which means this tower will finally come into rotation again.
Probably at least three times during the year to space out the heros.

I was expecting new heroes, and happy that there will be a 3* and a 4* also.
Of course, could have wanted more, but there are some.

Looking forward to it

2 Likes

We (still) have an issue in accessing new Beta (Staff is aware of it and checking it), once that issue is resolved, and I can get into Beta, I will add the Beta Beat topics.

6 Likes

Oh, I thought this was the topic for new Magic heroes, but this is topic for the whole V57, right? I’m so excited! Let them rain!

2 Likes

Staff could resolve the issue. We can access Beta now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whem will be the next magic tower?

2 Likes

I suspect immediatelly after V57 is released.

2 Likes

@PlayForFun faster than light, as always!
Thank you very much for your posts!

2 Likes

The good: I can FINALLY go after magic troops and magic heroes again, now that SGG has new magic heroes to sell.
The bad: With new heroes being added to the portal, the chances of getting who I’m after (Sergei) go down, but at least it’s not by much, since there’s only one new epic coming.
The ugly: 10 flippin’ new heroes? Seriously? I already don’t know all the heroes in this portal. Will be interesting to see whether they are all “gotta have” OP monsters, or just one or two are, and the rest are fillers to keep people from getting the ones they want.

Since Dolgoon (for example) is already a sorcerer, would this ailment stack with, or overwrite, his class talent?

7 Likes

Same. I have 140 troop tokens, searching for my purple magic troop which will complete my rainbow troop team.

3 Likes

New magic hero looks:
Ray looks like Lucio from Overwatch if he was a fire hero and played basketball instead of hockey
Lucy is Elena in a soccer outfit

4 Likes

I guess they won’t release ALL the new heroes on the first portal appearence, like they did with every other portal wince Styx (I guess).

How does this fits with “magical” theme? Quidditch?:rofl:

4 Likes

Are the original magic heroes getting a second passive?

1 Like