🧪 Early Information on Round 3 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Round 3 of secondary costumes for Season 1 heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 6 new Costumes being tested in v54

4 :star: — Epic Costumes

• Boldtusk – The Feral Sage
  • Colen - Brave Tracker
  • Gormek - The Epicurean
  • Grimm - Dark Messenger
  • Rigard - Noble Healer
  • Skittleskull - Toad Witch

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the 1x costume bonus.

4 :star: — Epic Costume

• Boldtusk
  • Colen
  • Gormek
  • Grimm
  • Rigard
  • Skitteskull
Boldtusk — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Boldtusk and old Boldtusk Costume

Costume Boldtusk — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 680

Attack: 628
Defense: 758
HP: 1166

Class: Cleric
Family: Classic

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: War Song

• All allies regenerate 288 boosted health over 4 turns. Boosted heakth can exceed max HP.
  • All allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 4 turns.

Colen — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Colen and old Colen Costume

Costume Colen — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 678

Attack: 756
Defense: 571
HP: 1205

Class: Ranger

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Flame Storm

• Deals 285% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -54% defense against Fire for 6 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Nature.

Gormek — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Gormek and old Gormek Costume

Costume Gormek — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 679

Attack: 668
Defense: 575
HP: 1425

Class: Cleric

Special Skill: Pulverizing Ham

• Dispells buffs from all enemies.
  • Deals 225% damage to all enemies.

Grimm— Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Grimm and old Grimm Costume

Costume Grimm — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 677

Attack: 767
Defense: 550
HP: 1217

Class: Ranger

Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Special Skill: Postal Pulverizer

• Deals 295% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies’ Special Skill deal an additional +40% damage for 6 turns.

Rigard — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Rigard and old Rigard Costume

Costume Rigard — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 680

Attack: 655
Defense: 738
HP: 1142

Class: Monk

Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Special Skill: Transfigure

• Boosts health of all allies by 410. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • All allies get +40% defense for 3 turns.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

Skittleskull — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Skittleskull and old Skittleskull Costume

Costume Skittleskull — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 679

Attack: 756
Defense: 648
HP: 1058

Class: Wizard

Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Crawling Vines

• Deals 195% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -34 defense for 6 turns.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the 1x Costume bonus.

:performing_arts: Costume Bonus

Here we have difference costume bonus than the Summer Event Heroes.

Stat S1 CB S1 2xCB Summer Event Hero CB
HoTM CB
Season 2 Hero CB
Halloween Event Hero CB
Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 15% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 15% 3% 2%
HP 10% 20% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 5% 1% 1%

Costume Bonus Progression:

Stat Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Max
Attack 0% 1% 2% 3% 5%
Defence 0% 1% 2% 3% 5%
HP 0% 2% 4% 6% 10%
Mana 0% 1% 2% 3% 5%

If you already have a maxed costume, and you start leveling the second costume, then this will be costume bonus on your other costumes:
(The non ascended new costume will have 0% costume bonus before you ascend it, and afterwards it will have Tier 2,3,4 Max costume bonus)

Attack 5% 6% 7% 8% 15%
Defence 5% 6% 7% 8% 15%
HP 10% 12% 14% 16% 20%
Mana 5% 5% 5% 5% 5%

So leveling the second costume gives this extra costume bonus to other costumes:

Attack 0% 1% 2% 3% 10%
Defence 0% 1% 2% 3% 10%
HP 0% 2% 4% 6% 10%
Mana 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

NOTE: All numbers are presented above are INCLUDING the costume bonus.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

8 December 2022

New costumes arrived to Beta

:calendar: Release Date

There is no information on this.

:link: Related Threads

14 Likes

Continuing the trend of 2nd costumes being straight up upgrades on the original vanillas

That said, I do want c-Gormek 2 badly so I can finally have a Red dispeller

Heck, I want them all… these specials are just generally better than their originals and their 1st costumes

13 Likes

I guess c2 melendor will boost, atk buff, dispell

Seconded, except maybe Skittleskull. I think there’s just no hope for her.

YASSS! To go with his original appellation, The Hungry!

Dispels before hit? Worthy! Also Gormek is the first red dispeller. Wasn’t he also the first red minion remover? Is there anything Gormek can’t do?

Please do not let this mean that his second costume is some kind of hokey postman look. Don’t do it. Just don’t.

Nasty skill, though. A ranger? With this, I might finally meet my goal of killing a boss in the Trials of Serenity with only the opening salvo of specials!

10 Likes

C2 Rigard, Gormek, Grimm are great.

Not keen on C2 BT (prefer C1) or Skittle.

Not sure about Colen.

2 Likes
  • Boldtusk - Over heal make him even better plus the massive attack up
  • Colen - He will be great for events, remove G falcon and add another hitter
  • Gormek - dispel before hitting is good, damage no so much
  • Grimm - Conflicting between second costume a franz on average speed
  • Rigard - Over heal even better plus defense up, nice addition
  • Skitteskull - no impress but with the superior talent may be better
4 Likes

Is there no upper bound? That could get silly, especially with minion pecks.

1 Like

Noble, there is a cap, just not written on the card

3 Likes

Very low compare to Rigard which Boost 410 directly.
Boldtusk should at least regenerate 410 or even bit higher since it can be dispelled too.

7 Likes

I thought there surely had to be, but it should be included on the card. Could someone in beta note this?

1 Like

I will test it and I will let you know.

1 Like

The 1st costume is almost a dispeller with the superior emblems, it’s almost 50% chance to dispell with each tile / special attack and it’s a dispell first too. Had no problems with riposte heroes in this current tournament when he was the only hero capable of dispelling in my team.

2 Likes

yeah, the superior talent is really good - though I also do like security i.e. having a guaranteed dispel :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Still nothing on C2 for 3* vanillas, I see.

Are they even getting 2nd costumes?

Absolutely not! BT has always had lower healing than Rigard for a reason. His attack buff in this version is way stronger than Rigards defense buff, so no they should not heal the same.

3 Likes

Some amazing costumes there:

BT and Rigard need no comment I guess.

BT is just overkill. I always used him for the attack buff and now that just got way stronger… Overheal instead of normal? Yes thank you! Cleric class? In your face Alfrike! Maybe it´s time to start thinking about a Super-Cleric team for rush…
And not to forget here is poor mans M&M tank! Overheal and Berserk damage to everybody, not only 3!!! And the stats aren´t too far behind now either… unfortunately Gormek has eaten all the minions… but hey it´s not Christmas yet.

Gormek: A Toolbox hero if ever there was one! The stats boost make him a better minion killer for wars. The dispel would have been amazing for this weeks tourney with all those blasted Ferants left and right. And if not that, then we go for the classic defdown, because that is never out of fashion.

Rigard: Well he´s never been gone and now he comes back with a costume boost? Who can say no to such a deal? But to be honest, I will use all 3 versions depending on situation. There´s no clear winner. Best heal on original, Attack boost on C1, or overheal + defbuff on C2.

Those 3 are clearly top of my want to have list! There´s just no downside anywhere.

Skittleskull is next on my list: A hero that has been useless since I started playing this game and never got ascended, but this new version will probably change that. Not because it´s OP, but because it is finally possible to synergize the hero. I have another dead weight in my roster called Little John (that one got ascended because I got him so early, but has seen use in the elemental challenge for the first time in a year). Now Finally I have a green hero that makes defdown to all and Little Johns already good hit becomes a serious threat! Now I have to research this a bit more but doesn´t that green Cyclops boost mana speed? If I can fire those 2 guys in 9 tiles I have a new favorite green stack :smiley:
Add the attack boost from C2 Boldtusk? I can stop crying about my luck and just build my own Anne and Jove from scratch :smiley:

Grimm: Not sure what to do with him, Skill damage boost is a bit niche, nothing wrong with it, but well I´d only use this one if I had another attack booster on the team already. How about a team with 3 Grimms? 1 def down, 1 attack boost, 1 skill boost? Not sure I want to level 2 more Grimms for that :wink: Maybe mixing Grimms and Kirils? C1Kiril plus 2 Grimms sounds a bit more reasonable, but still…

Colen: Another one I am not sure how to use. Slow hit-3 doesn´t really synergize with anything, except with himself of course. Add another C2BT here… So I´d have to upgrade another Colen, so I can double tap 3 guys… sounds painful, but we´re still talking slow speed… will have to ruminate a while on this one…

5 Likes

Is second costume Gormek the first red dispeller ? I can’t think of any other red dispeller.

2 Likes

4 star yes. Except for Super Wizards of course (like CGormek)

5 star has at least the Gorilla I know of and probably quite a few of all those Styx or whoknowsthemall that have it too. They usually do 17 different things and if anyone ever bothered reading to the end of the card they´d probably read “instawin the game when scrolling to the end of the card” So a dispel is guaranteed to be on there somewhere.

6 Likes

Guardian Kong costume and Hypnos. Thank you.

2 Likes

Ha, I knew it! And thanks for the shortening of a ramble :smiley:

Also I looked up super-wizards: in red there is also a 3 star C Jahangir that can dispel :smiley:

2 Likes