đŸ§Ș Early information on the June 2023 HOTM -- Skargremar [Part of The Beta Beat V57]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the June 2023 HOTM, Skargremar

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Skargremar Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Alias: Pioneering Rearguard

Power: 814

Attack: 758
Defense: 782
HP: 1468

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Class: Fighter
Family: Legends 2023

Innate Resistance: Resist Special Skill Blocking
This character has innate resistance against ailments that affect block Special Skills.

Innate Resistance: Resist Defense Ailments
This character has innate resistance against ailments and negative stacks affect Defense. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that affect elemental defense.

Mana Speed: Average
Aether Power: Counterattack

Special Skill: Halting Counter Strike

• Deals 285% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Reduces the mana of the target and nearby enemies by 20%.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -20% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generations all Fire allies for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

7 Likes

And where is that counterstrike?

8 Likes

This heroe is a good joke :joy: I’ll definitely get him :nerd_face:

2 Likes

After the translation, I completely do not understand the second innate skill. :crazy_face: Explain, someone, please. :pray: :blush:

1 Like

it’s halting

3 Likes

This hero will not get DD (defense down) including Stacks.
But he’ll get EDD (element defense down).
Some heroes with EDD- Guardian Panther, Marjana c

1 Like

Halting is the key word

2 Likes

Does this elemental link stack with the 10% mana gen elemental link?

1 Like

Another red mana reducer. Do we have a green mana reducer yet ? I can’t think of anyone for green.

What about blue ?

Is 20% blind effective ? And with that restriction too.
Wouldn’t 20% general blind be a better special? 20% is not high, not low.

Yep, but he does not halt anything either.

Thank you, my dear friend! Now everything is clear. :hugs: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :wink:

2 Likes

I’d like to say that 20% mana reduction, and 20% accuracy reduction is certainly halting something 
 or two things in fact! :slight_smile:

Lol, im just saying there is a counterattack!!!

So a sort of red Neith to 3, then

3 Likes

Green there is Jade.

1 Like

No, the already existing 4% and 10% mana regen elemental links don’t stack.

This is a nice hero, decent attack 3 + mana down is ok to have, resisting mindless then turns into a great hero for rush wars.

4 Likes

A Mitsuko that traded a bit of damage and ice reflect for ”blind”, a couple of passives and elemental link?

I’ll take the geisha.

2 Likes

I think ‘Blocking Special Skill’ is different from ‘Mindless attack’ 
. Otherwise if i m wrong than he will be great against flooding Alfrikes in rush wars 

There are already heroes with that same passive. Negating effects that block special skills includes being immune to mindless attack and clones, silence, and that one effect hHansel and Gretel have where you lose 50% mana instead of casting a skill.

The passive itself is not enough, Elradir and Klaern have it and they’re not used much. This guy brings mana reduction which is very desirable in rush (and the damage component is fine).

1 Like

I prefer Mitsuko. And she is
 4 years old?