🧪 Early Information on Contest of Elements (Dark) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta inf this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the Dark Contest of Elements heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Event – Contest of Elements !!

:tophat: Contest of Elements Heroes

*There are a total of two (2) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Contest Of Elements - Dark version.
*The names of the new heroes are: Aconia, Griffex

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the "Super Elemental family and have a family bonus:

Super Elemental Family

Super Elemental family makes Mono teams even stronger.

• For each ally who has the same element of this Hero, a shield with this Hero’s element is replaced with a Power Gem.

The Power Gem deal 20 damage to a random enemy each turn until it is matched.

Power Gems can only spawn on regular shields that match the element of this hero.

Only 5 Power gems per elements can be on the board at the same time.

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Aconia - Cyber Rogue
  • Griffex - Modifier of Reality

Aconia -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Aconia – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 849

Attack: 813
Defense: 801
HP: 1540

Class: Rogue
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Fiend Resist

Passive: Troop Strong Damage Modifier
This Passive Skill has two different functions based on if this character is in attack or in defense.

Passive Skill as attacking character:
This character’s Troops deal 100% more additional damage against weaker element.

Passive Skill as defending character:
This character receives 10% less additional damage from Troops of stronger element.

Special Skill: Bleed Inducing Daggers

• Summons a Dagger Fiend for the target and Holy enemies. The Fiend damages its target with 250% attack every turn.
  • The Dagger Fiend absorbs healing. It disappears after absorbing healing amount equal to 20% of its target’s max health.
  • When the Dagger Fiend disappears after it has absorbed enough healing, the owner receives 810 Bleed damage over 3 turns.

Griffex -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Griffex – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 848

Attack: 801
Defense: 817
HP: 1532

Class: Druid
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Slow
Aether Power: Regen

Passive: Troop Strong Damage Modifier
This Passive Skill has two different functions based on if this character is in attack or in defense.

Passive Skill as attacking character:
This character’s Troops deal 100% more additional damage against weaker element.<

Passive Skill as defending character:
This character receives 10% less additional damage from Troops of stronger element.

Special Skill: Mana Manipulation

• Reduces the mana of all Holy enemies by 100%. Reduces the mana of the other enemies by 50%.
  • Increases the mana of all Dark allies except the caster by 30%. Increases the mana of all other allies by 15%.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Apr, 12, 2023 – heroes arrived to Beta

:link: Related Threads

8 Likes

Xnolphod and set are crying in a corner, at least griffex doesn’t heal. But this is genuinely the most interesting one of the 10 elemental heroes. Could see myself trying to pull for him
Imagine the shenanigans using salmon with him…

5 Likes

would someone like Rigard/Vivica for example completly deny Aconia?.
He first heals and gets rid of the fiend and afterwards cleanses so the bleed is gone aswell?

Is this correct, @PlayForFun ? The fiend is doing 250% attack every turn? That’s WAY more than any fiend to date, isn’t it? That’s a special skill attack for some heroes. Surely it’s 25%.

3 Likes

it’s 250%. yeah. these are some serious heroes.

1 Like

Holy heck fire! That’s brutal. And then you get bleed damage once you heal the stupid things away? Yikes! Maybe time to level that waste-of-space Balur just for the fiend resist EL. Glad I didn’t pull in the red CoE, as I had planned. Sounds like purple could be the way to go.

1 Like

key part of the special is healed away. you want fiend counters like arco or wang yuanji, you won’t get the bleed, but holy s*** you’ll still feel the burn. 250% a turn is no joke, not sure how they’ll turn out to be on defense yet since the attacker controls if they take yellows or not, but still strong as is at fast speed.

edit: funny thing is their newest addition to fiend counters belladonna doesn’t work against this and will still get the bleed. lol. she’s still good either way so it’s fine.

1 Like

Strange that the dark COE heroes are way better thought out than the other elements by a mile

3 Likes

Yeah, there are a lot of heroes that I want, but as FTP, there are very few of those that I get! Hehe. I’ll be relying on ELs from Tahir and Balur to deal with this one, barring some miracle pull. Makes @Simpton’s question above very relevant for me also.

holy and dark are always the strongest, and it’s even shown in the elemental heroes (green is good too, can’t even think of the blues and the reds were meh). crazy thing is this release directly counters the meta defenses of 3 yellow/purple - 2 purple/yellow.

If these are the heroes we are getting, even their nerfed versions, this is legit the only COE portal i am very interested in. Hope to get salmon Loki in there as well

3 Likes

It is 250% as I can see it on the hero card.

1 Like

it does, but i’m sure they’ve thought about regular old season 1 healers countering :wink: the effect must take place after the skill is over, but honestly who knows, we need to hear from people that have experienced the hero or wait.

also yes, f2p journey is much hard nowadays with heroes like these coming out every week or two. good luck, and smart to use elemental link!

1 Like

Holy is all over the place. Feels like they just slap on a lot of things on jequn with no real themes other than him being an omniscient being

jequn is a very fast hit all, and you’ll always affect someone. that’s a strength. yeah it’s not a very well designed special but you’ll always affect someone. Zandria is a god in rush. two solid heroes, not fully broken or OP but still good and can hold their weight.

1 Like

You don’t affect holy heroes but you do deal damage with Jequn, ofc

Yeah, intriguing ability. Could be a very fast war superstar

i agree this is the most interesting elemental summon, but with a 1/500 for ANY featured, and a 1/1000 for a specific hero, at an increased gem/coin cost, i don’t know if it becomes any more worth it even if the heroes can ddos the entire game server with their strength.

Those are indeed the best elementals up till now

Personally, I think the green elemental heroes are the best so far. These purple ones are on par with them with the slow guy looking to replace Alfrike in VF wars. I want him for that specific purpose.

1 Like