🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Journey Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v55]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Round 2 of the Journey Heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Journey Heroes

*There are a total of four (4) new heroes added to Beta for testing.

*The names of the new heroes are:

• Legendary: Queen Guowang, Xiong Shanjun
  • Epic: Heifeng Guai
  • Rare: General Yin

Journey Family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as Heroes fighting alongside them receive the following perks in War of the Three Kingdoms:

• +10% attack, +3% defense, +7% health

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Queen Guowang
  • Xiong Shanjun

Queen Guowang -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Queen Guowang – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 841

Attack: 774
Defense: 813
HP: 1555

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Journey

Special Skill: The Queen’s Radiance

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -35% accuracy for 4 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Skills.
  • All allies get +10% mana every time an enemy uses their Special Skill during 4 turns. Mana is received at the end of the Special Skill. Mana will not be received if this status effect is removed during a Special Skill.
  • The caster gets Vengeance for 4 turns. If Vengeance is dispelled by an enemy’s Special Skill, all enemies receive 350 damage.

Xiong Shanjun -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Xiong Shanjun – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 842

Attack: 735
Defense: 877
HP: 1532

Class: Paladin
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Fury of the Mountain Lord

• Reduces the max health of the target and nearby enemies by 800 over 4 turns. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health.
  • The caster and nearby allies regenerate 800 boosted health over 4 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -24% mana generation for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 4 turns.

4 :star: – Epic Heroes

• Heifeng Guai

Heifeng Guai -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Heifeng Guai – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 686

Attack: 669
Defense: 624
HP: 1379

Class: Rogue
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Black Tassel Spear Sting

• Deals 285% damage to target.
  • The duration of dispellable status ailments is reset for the target.
  • The target get -35% defense for 3 turns.

3 :star: – Rare Heroes

• General Yin

General Yin -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

General Yin – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 486

Attack: 519
Defense: 507
HP: 700

Class: Barbarian
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Enchanted Axe Swing

• Dispells buffs from all enemies.
  • Deals 180% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals additional 8% damage per removed status effect, up to 276% damage in total

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• January 31, 2023 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

9 Likes

Jesus, Queen Guowang is just crazy. Dayum.

4 Likes

SG & Zynga are making a type of magnet which attract whales and repel for F2P.

Can’t say anything. She’s too much OP.

Same thing for her.

5 Likes

Xiong is a bear, and probably male since its special is “Fury of the Mountain Lord”.

1 Like

Thx, I have fixed this :slight_smile:

Xnolphod was nerfed for less than this… lol

Everybody will want her

This is the one I want more. It will be useful in 3* tournaments

5 Likes

Foks but you know that you can’t compare this to Xeno. For Xeno you didn’t have any counter action. Here you can simple clear status before it will give any mana to allays.

1 Like

What does Vengeance do ? Is it like Counter ?

You do that and will take 350 HP AoE Damage. But still better than reloading entire enemy team, I guess. And manageable with overheal.

and we thought hippo will be a problem

1 Like

Am I the only one who went “Journey heroes? What? Which portal do they belong to again?” … :smile: :blush: :face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

no you were not. I legit thought it was another event :rofl:

It’s pretty useless to even say it, those two legendaries are nuts. Queen, at average, is very punishing whatever you choose to do. Don’t use special skill? You’ll probably get wrecked during those 4 turns. Use special skill? You charge your enemy faster and, the way rng works, your special will most likely miss altogether. Try to dispel? If blind doesn’t wreck you, you receive yet more damage. If blind wrecks you, again you charged your enemies faster than normal. The only ideal scenario is having a cleanser ready and a combo that annihilates the most out of the enemy team. I think at least blind should be removed entirely from that special.

You know, I can’t believe that i’m thinking this, but actually… these don’t seem that unreasonable?

I mean, sure, the numbers are high… the vengeance is a really fun concept actually! Although, I do think that the mana gain number could be lowered from +10% on every special. To be honest, as was mentioned - you can probably just prepare for it and then dispel it off and job done. Snow White would have a particularly fun time with dispelling and cleansing everyone … Ana-Belle just became a lot more relevant too… for a massive heal :stuck_out_tongue:

As fro Xiong… eh… no direct damage which is interesting… and sure, the heal for 3 is substantial, but again, dispellable!

The 4* and the 3* are just always nice additions to any roster, regardless of how much weaker they look compared to their 5* counterparts though :heart:

2 Likes

More OP heroes to keep whales splurging, nothing new. $G’s greed and complete disregard for balance continues to astound me. This game will be dead by the year’s end

I agree, the Queen really doesn’t feel that OP since she’s average, and every line is dispellable/cleansable.

Or use a vfast ailment blocker like Vanda/Emllio/Garnet or even Grazul and not even worry about the blind. I’d probably use Garnet in this case since boosted health is always useful. Then focus on getting your main stack rolling and take out as many heroes as possible.

2 Likes

I think 5% is better.

I’m sorry, but these two heroes are insane. Imagine both of these on the same team as the Hippo.

Doesn’t matter, I have hatter and diaochan. Can’t dispel, just steal everything in plain sight

cPanther, El Nad, Onyx, and even cSabina and Ana-Belle say hi.

1 Like

Keep in mind that this only covers dispel upon special skills. Which means Cao Cao and xiahou dun’s minions can still dispel it without triggering that damage

2 Likes