🧪 Early Information on new Knights of Avalon Hero - Green Knight [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of new Knights of Avalon hero called Green Knight

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:tophat: Knights of Avalon hero

There are a total of one (1) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for Challenge Festival I.

*The name of the new hero is: Green Knight

5 :star: – Legendary Hero

Green Knight - Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 844

Attack: 867
Defense: 801
HP: 1371

Class: Fighter
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Avalon

Special Skill: Omen of Retribution

• All enemies get -24% defense for 3 turns.
  • Deals 235% damage to all enemies.
  • If the caster dies during the next 5 turns, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 40% health,and 710 damage is dealt to all enemies. All status effects and stacks are removed when the caster dies.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• February 15, 2023 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

11 Likes

Good thing he isn’t as broken as Anne. A functional hero, but he last skill seems disjointed.

3 Likes

Green Knight is a good Atomos, got it.

5 Likes

Can be nasty, but is quite easy to counter. So more useful for attack than defence. For kind of kamikaze missions :wink:
May be good for killing hordes on MI. The health reduction will be a help for him - he will easier die and make the resurrection damage.

why black knight is Red element and Green night is Green element?

2 Likes

It might only be -24% defence down, BUT here’s the key - it applies BEFORE the damage is dealt… which makes that 235% to all more significant than it sounds.

Also, I have no issues with a ressurection element, even if it can be dispelled (or blocked by Kravekrush) :man_shrugging:

Nice to see that they even gifted him fighter class too, to pair with the ressurection element of his special skill

Given that CF1 is the only portal I pull in (using offers etc only, no gem buying), and the rest I do with free coins - I’d be really happy to get this guy. I was thinking just yesterday thaat I would love a Ma’at or Frigg for green DD.

I already have Guan Yu, but I find that his use-cases are slightly more “niche” whereas this is certainly more general :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s interesting… I’d level him… But as is… Seems pretty good… But not great… And i presumed all new heroes, the goal was to draw in pulls, so they all would be undeniable great.

Maybe… For one turn, defense down -24%, but next turn -32%, and final turn -44%.

So the attack after def down isn’t to ridiculous, but -24%… Tiburtus does more… I never understood this going backwards with def down.

Green Knight!?? is is black knight brother ? lol quite original

They are resurrected, I assume is just him?

Good hero, lower defense before dealing damage and 710 damage to all upon resurrection it is quite strong. Cool hero unique skill, fighter class make him good too and helps his skill

4 Likes

Just him, but this is the wording. So it is not a typo.

2 Likes

This will get nerfed. Perfect tank and if you don’t get this 1 out with tiles, you better have a good amount of overheal. 710 is about 30 to 40% of all the heroes health and that doesn’t include the 500 to all heroes which is worse than KhuFU does at slow

1 Like

“They” is currently used as gender-neutral replacement for “he” or “she”, not only as plural.

4 Likes

correct but the card said that is a he

Eh, a slower, reviving Frigg or Ma’at. Won’t fill a need on my team.

So two green knights in the game then

15 Likes

This certainly won’t be the first time $GG have not bothered checking if certain titles/phrases have already been used in the game, and some of them still exists to this day.

2 Likes

[cough] Telluria and Silvaria [cough]

I think that Green Knight is a reference to Monty Python and the Quest for Holy Grail, like Black Knight is. The Green one got killed by Black one before Arthur swooped in and made multiple flesh wounds on him.

Otherwise looks good to me. That resurrection might be annoying but nothing dispel can’t solve. Better be dispel without damage tho because that can kill him by accident.

3 Likes

The green knight is from Arthurian legends. They made a movie a while back… it’s a weird movie/story…

1 Like

Better read this hero’s skill before accidentally killing him during a raid. I feel this hero can catch people off guard.

People are going to sleep on him, but I am really enjoying him thus far. He will be problematic on defense if you can’t dispel (especially with a dispel blocker on his team). The 5 turns for the resurrection buys plenty of time for him to die which is exactly what you want. Even if he fails to die, he is still applying defense down to all then hitting everyone with damage.

Fun and balanced character IMO…thankfully not another Anne!