🧪 Early Information on ROUND 4 of HoTM Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the Round 4 of Hero of the month costumes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

:performing_arts: Costumes!!!

There are a total of 8 new Costumes being tested in v57 Beta 3 Testing Cycle.

5 :star: — Legendary Costumes

• Delilah - Guardian of the Celestial Temple
  • Evelyn - Brave Huntress
  • Gregorion - The Hermit Alchemist
  • Khiona - Mirage Engineer
  • Musashi - Escape Artist
  • Natalya - Fireborn Seamstress
  • Thoth-Amun - Cosmic Conjurer
  • Zeline - Avian Celestial

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

Delilah — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Delilah

Costume Delilah — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 793

Attack: 739
Defense: 742
HP: 1442

Class: Paladin
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Legends 2018
Aether Power: Defense Up

Special Skill: Summon Celestial Guardians

• Recovers 30% health for all allies.
  • Summons a Guardian Minion for each ally with 20% HP and 25% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Elemental Link gives +10% mana generation for all Holy allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Evelyn — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Evelyn

Costume Evelyn — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 765
Defense: 731
HP: 1397

Class: Rogue
Element: :leaves: Nature (Gree)

Mana Speed: fast
Aether Power: Attack Up

Special Skill: Warcry of the Hunt

• Dispels buffs from target and nearby enemies.
  • Deals 250% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -50% defense against Nature for 4 turns.
  • Element Link recovers 4% health for all Nature allies for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Gregorion — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Gregorion

Costume Gregorion — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 792

Attack: 769
Defense: 721
HP: 1403

Class: Rogue
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Family: Legends 2017
Aether Power: Rage

Special Skill: Exquisite Alchemy

• Deals 435% damage to the target.
  • All allies get +40% critical chance for 4 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Khiona — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Khiona

Costume Khiona — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Attack: 775
HP: 1397

Class: Fighter
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Aether Power: Special Armor

Special Skill: Bleeding Hammer

• Deals 300% damage to the target.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +45% attack, and a further 20% increase every time they are hit during 4 turns.
  • Element Link recovers +4% health for all Dark allies for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Musashi — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Musashi

Costume Musashi — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 788

Attack: 795
Defense: 712
HP: 1331

Class: Barbarian
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast
Aether Power: Rage

Special Skill: Rod of Freedom

• Deals 320% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • The caster heals 75% of dealt normal damage for 5 turns.
  • Elemental Link gives all Holy allies +15% attack and +15% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Natalya — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Natalya

Costume Natalya — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 789

Attack: 752
Defense: 695
HP: 1479

Class: Wizard
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Aether Power: Attack Up

Special Skill: Burning Thread

• The target receives 940 Burn damage over 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.
  • The target gets -50% mana generation for 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.
  • Deals extra damage against Nature.
  • Elemental Link gives +10% mana generation for all Fire allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Thoth-Amun — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Thoth-Amun

Costume Thoth-Amun — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 790

Attack: 733
Defense: 729
HP: 1462

Class: Wizard
Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Aether Power: Damage Reduction

Special Skill: Undying Summon

• Deals 300% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons an Undead Minion for the Caster and Nearby allies with 22% HP and 22% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Elemental Link gives +10% mana generation for all Dark allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Zeline — Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Normal Zeline

Costume Zeline — Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Power: 792

Attack: 773
HP: 1394

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Aether Power: Special Boost

Special Skill: Plume Flash

• Dispels buffs from all enemies.
  • Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -38% attack for 4 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Ice
  • Elemental Link gives +10% mana generation for all Nature allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

NOTE: All numbers are presented INCLUDING the costume bonus.

Stat Season 1 CB
Season 3 Legenday CB
Season 4 Legenday CB
Challenge Festival CB
Summer Event Hero CB
HoTM CB
Season 2 Hero CB
Season 3 Epic CB
Season 3 Rare CB
Halloween Event Hero CB
Santa’s Challange Event Hero CB
Attack 5% 3% 2%
Defence 5% 3% 2%
HP 10% 6% 4%
Mana 5% 1% 1%

:hugs: Family Bonus

The costumes are retaining their family bonus.
The normal and the costume version of a hero is counted as two unique heroes.

:arrow_up: Beta Updates

05 April 2023

The costumes are added for testing.

:link: Related Threads

7 Likes

Is that it? This is extremely lazy, SGG!!! @Petri , tell your guys to go get back to drawing board and do this properly. I would be kicked out of my work if I did as half-complete work as you did! :anger:

20 Likes

Wow, basically each of them is minor tweaks to damage and the status effect… sigh :pensive:

10 Likes

Yeah and that extends to S4 costumes as well. I wonder what the hell on this warranted delay of the whole Beta by a day. It’s just changing some numbers that can be done in 10 minutes in some Excel (Calc if using LibreOffice) sheet. In most extreme case (Evelyn) changing order of execution of various bullets of Special Skill.

Ya know, I didn’t mind buying stuff in this game when I saw at least some effort put in it, but this and Alpha Aethers starts to be too much.

6 Likes

Honestly, I just finished reading the S4 heroes and held out a little bit of hope that these would be improvements but actually… what the heck??

This is nowhere near good enough - especially since the whole purpose of a costume is to give a hero a new lease on life and a new skill set…

A prime example being cGuardian Kong one side cleanses, the other side dispels (ok, the costume also has other benefits, but you get the point)

This better not be remotely close to the final product, because this? This actually makes me more annoyed than the alpha aethers

6 Likes

Lazy - Boring - Embarrassing. They want people to get excited about new heroes, these are the exact same hero with a costume, a negligible difference in skills.

SGG Employees - “The players are complaining about heroes that are too overpowered and underpowered”

SGG Braintrust - “So that means they want the EXACT same hero! Give em’ all costumes stat!”

15 Likes

I just want to add…

1. No 4* hero costumes.

2. Season 4 - Like Season 3 - gets the full 5% stat boosts, whilst ONCE AGAIN Season 2 gets left behind in the dirt and forgotten about. This is insane?? It is surely time to boost Season 2 up as well - ESPECIALLY now all the costumes have been released?? come on.

6 Likes

Delilah:
She should be healing for about 48% or boosting by 650 all at once.
Her minions should give -35% defense down against holy for three turns.

Evelyn:
The dispel first is fine
She should deal 470 damage to one and minor damage to target’s adjacent allies.
She should have a -54% defense down to all nature for target and nearby enemies.

Gregorian:
He should deal 300% damage to all
Have all allies increase attack 35% for 4 turns
60% critical chance for all allies for 4 turns

Khiona:
Deal 205% damage to all. 410% damage to all enemies with more than 50% health remaining.
All allies regenerate 450 health over 3 turns.
All allies gain 35% defense and a further 5% each time they are hit over 3 turns

Mushashi:
Cleanses all status ailments from all allies.
Deals 245% damage to all enemies.
Boosts the health of all allies by 25% of all damage dealt.

Natalya:
Caster and nearby allies reflect 125% damage and ailments from all Ice heroes for 4 turns.
The target and nearby enemies take 872 burn damage over 4 turns. For all nature enemies, this effect cannot be cleansed.
The target and nearby enemies receive -55% mana generation for 4 turns.

Thoth-Amun
Deals 330% damage to target and nearby enemies.
Summons a skull fiend for the target and nearby enemies with 40hp and 30% attack inherited from the caster. Each hit from a skull fiend gives the target the following effects: the target receives 25% increase for all damage. The target receives -30% defense against unholy. These effects last for as long as the skull fiends are present.

Zeline:

This hero needs a complete revamp. Look at the other two celestials and tell me they aren’t doing Zeline dirty?..

4 Likes

I recommend everyone to chase Evelyn. I can’t stress how effective dispel-first then elemental defense down is for an offensive team. Damage reflect, debuff reflect, taunt, defense up, special damage reduction, etc. are all useless.

5 Likes

Are these actually costumes or are these some buffs to bring these old heroes a little bit closer to today’s meta? :thinking:

1 Like

What an amazing creativity ! as for the visual, you will simply add a mole on the cheek as a costume ?

2 Likes

Wow, you weren’t kidding @Ruskin505 -minior uninspired buffs.

6 Likes

We have all said in Beta that the release of these hero costumes into the game is shameful…
We have also asked what benefit these costumes bring to the game in its current state of play …
They have just made a few tweaks to the original hero. There is basically nothing to test in Beta (other than the new HOTM). It’s lazy and plain crazy … I don’t know what developers are thinking about with this Beta …l
SG / Zynga need to buff the original heroes to make them more useful in the game today and then take back all these costumes to revamp them and make them desirable…
Just my two pennies worth

12 Likes

Same, just when you think it can’t get any worse, a second wave of these ridiculous costumes. The quality of these costumes really dropped

1 Like

Wtf the regular khiona deals 372% direct damage.

2 Likes

This has to be a bugged list.

@Tidyup
It’s the right list. It’s exactly what we are “testing” in Beta and it’s “pants” …
Minor tweaks galore meaning insignificant differences between the original hero and the new costumed hero …
Most have had their “attack” downgraded and their secondary skill subsequently buffed …
They give with one hand and take away with another …

5 Likes

I did about 150 summons when she was hotm and 100 summons each of the two times she was in Atlantis (and I’m a light spender). Hopefully the third chase she will come to me!

1 Like

I just want Evelyn with or without costume. Maybe soon she will be featured in the ToL

2 Likes

C Eve gets 50% EDD! Original gets 54%. Is this a typo?

Or is Zynga worried about a 2-Eve or 2-Eve/Hitter flank stack for defences? What difference does 4% make really ?

Just give her the regular 54%.

3 Likes