[May 15, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Survival Guide & Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the 5th of the Trials in the 4th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 2 hours earlier at 5:00:00 AM (05:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Barbarians & Rogues Nashgar, Domitia, Scarlett, Azlar :fire: :new_moon_with_face:
Red/Fire & Purple/Dark

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 3907 HP

:sweat: History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:

We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.

It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 4051 288
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Strength

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 407
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 907
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1407
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 907
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1407
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 1907
:bomb: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2407
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 2907
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3407

:school_satchel: Additional Recommended Items

Click for Additional Recommended Items
Stage(s) Item Explanation
All Healing Pots Given the lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes, health pots are a likely must-have item for Trials of Survival.
All Antidotes Nashgar in Stages 1 and 3 and Azlar in Stage 3 cause DoT (damage over time) status effects, and Scarlett in Stages 2 and 3 causes an attack debuff, so antidotes can be extremely useful for clearing these status effects.
All Time Stops Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

:cookie: @Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Survival

Click for Mariamne's Guide

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible

Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial

@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps - #43 by madmarv

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

7 Likes

This team i used on the last trials

This is the team i used today added jackal and gretel for better yellow on purple and some mana control

But it was a very bad decision, the elemental link of khoina to heal a bit used to help me survive, and i have lost on the final stage :pensive: cant remember the last time i lost on trials or if it ever happened to me before, although only azlar with less than 50% HP left
Need to rebuild WE and go with my old team and will put some dragon attacks just incase

Good luck to all of you

2 Likes

Jackal - Kage - Margaret - Azlar - Grimm

1 Like

Anyone have a healer for this trial?

1 Like

Just bring heal potion

1 Like

Cleared stage 1 and 2 without a sweat with this team. Just became level 30 so I could give the final stage a shot… you guys think it’s possible with a 2 star? Don’t want to waste a precious 20 WE…

3 Likes

Getting better guys! No bombs used this time wooo!
Last time Scarlet was 3/70
Musashi in for Kelile of 3/70, wasnt really sure about Musashi but had plenty of yellow tiles to keep his health up and is hitting harder the more i level him.

Start
Screenshot_20190515-205302_Empires
Finish

4 Likes

From the name (trials of survival) it doesnt have any healer, the only healing you will get is from elemental link of Khoina i dont think there are any other hero who do with same class

2 Likes

Team

Current

Grimm 4*+13
Grimm 4* 3.60
Gormek 4* 3.60
Jackal 4*+1
Scarlett 4*+7

Leveling Danzaburo to 4* 3.60 to replace Gormek 4* 3.60 for this quest.

All Rogue quests have red ( yellow neutral) and purple mobs ( yellow strong ). Danzaburo Special skill accuracy debuff and defense buff will help with all the glass cannons I have for this non healer quest.

Glass cannons

Jackal and Scarlett have similar attack, defense, and HP but Scarlett not as popular because Jackal very fast mana speed and single target Elemental defense debuff. Grimm 4* 4.70 has same defense stat as Gunnar 3* 3.50 .

I usually run double healers with glass cannons but no Barbarian or Rogue healers.

Item Used

75 gems, Attacks- 2x Dragon, 1x Bomb, 1x Antidote

With Glass cannons, and two Rogues, combos and Evade talent decide how this quest ends. Danzaburo RNG will make it more random but strong damage versus purple mobs should help even if I have to use 40- 60 energy on last stage.

Note

Items try

Next time try 2* Health, 2* Mana, Antidotes, Dragon Attacks

FIN

4 Likes

For unknown reason, I could no longer post screen shots on the Forum, the menu is just totally missing on this typing page, not sure I have done anything wrong :frowning:.

My team consists of
Scarlett 4/70, G.Jackal 4/70 +7, Grimm 4/70, L.J 3/60 and Kelile 3/60.
Last time I used more battle items , then Grimm was not fully maxed, but this time it is slightly easier. Will need to level up the second and third Grimm😊

2 slots of potions & 2 slots of bombing items.

Yes, enough to offset bombing items reduction.

I replace maxed Namahage with 4/50 Scarlett:

Easier on mob wave due to Scarlett’s attack debuff but not much difference in the boss wave probably due to the board.

10 Healing Potions, 5 Potent Healing Potions, 5 Bomb Attacks, & 2 Dragon Attacks.

Waiting for Grimm and Scarlett.

Caedmon, I want to quickly complete my first 4* rainbow defense.

3 Likes

Basically same team as the last time and same outcome, Karil was lied again, Domi said shes gonna protect him from the yellow invasion but he didnt told him that there was no yellow mobs or bosses.

Last time team:

Todays team:

Used an axe in the first mob wave and like two potions [or three] in the other ones.
In the boss fight I have used 2 super-antidotes, one bomb attack and one axe attack, plus like 4 healing potions, so definitely not bad for this not so high team power squad. Karil is too weak for the boss fight, one hit by Azlar [with the debuffed attack by Scarlett] and he’s gone. The only way I could improve this team is by removing Karil and level another Domitia to 3/70 or Kelile from 1/1 [but Kelile is a very low priority for me right know since I already have too much reds].

Peace.

2 Likes

I imagine you will have a very hard time on stage 3. First time I became level 30 I tried a trial with a 2800TP team. It’s hard to pass the monsters, I used almost all my healing pots before the bosses. Then I threw every item to the bosses (arrows + axes + bombs) but didn’t manage to take them out.

Anyway. In this particular trial all 3 bosses are reds and you have blues stacked. I would give a shot with your team. Equip yourself with 3 attack items (if you have dragons I would recommend to equip them) and healing potions.

I wouldn’t care about spending 20WE. If you don’t spend that you’ll never know if you have a chance to beat level 3 or not.

4 Likes

My team this time was essentially unchanged, though Kage is now maxed and emblemed. I thought about bringing Gretel along in place of Grimm #2, but decided to stick with the extra blue damage. Item-wise, I traded axes for antidotes.

I started the final fight with everyone charged and ready. Here is what it looked like after all the specials had fired.

As I got deeper in the fight, I ran out of red tiles, and my Scarlett’s debuff fell off. Thus, they managed to kill Grimm. Nevertheless, I prevailed. Kage with Khiona’s buff hitting a pulverized target is a thing of beauty.

The Rogue emblems will be going to…man, I don’t know. Khiona has been getting the Rogue emblems, but her days on my defensive team are numbered (Lepus will replace her soon). I will likely give them to Jackal, with some eventually going to Scarlett.

The Barb emblems are likely going to Kage, but I need to figure out how deep I plan on going with them on him first.

Queen of Hearts will happily receive the trainer in her royal court.

1 Like

Here’s my team. No items or continues needed. I really don’t like the Evade ability though!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I gave it a shot and actually made it!

Lost Toril and Little John before actually making it to the bosses but I carpet bombed them with 5 arrows, 5 axes and 5 bombs (can’t make dragons yet) and I barely managed to kill them with my remaining heroes! Woohoo!

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Normally I write up my experience, but this one proved so straightforward that a single screenshot really sums it up, especially noting item usage.

Shiny New Emblems

Scarlett and Grimm each stepped up twice

Come on Baby, Light My Fire

Colen burned the Trainer Hero alive, and slow burned toward max

3 Likes

Last time.

This time.
I decided to go with Peters since LJ is slow. I don’t think he was an option last time around.
This is a difficult one for me because of the lack of a healer.
Next time maybe I’ll remember to take antidotes.

4 Likes

I doubt you’ll be able to play through to Victory with that team, so the strategy would be making it to the Bosses, and then carpet bombing/item nuking them to dust.

According to the chart I made in the top post, 5 Dragon Attacks and 5 Bombs will get you within 407 HP of killing all of the Bosses.

I’d also bring Axes and Minor Healing to help with making it through the monsters. The Axes and Scarlett will help debuff their attack so they don’t hit you as hard. Space out the Axes and Scarlett so you try to keep the monsters’ attack lowered most or all of the time, especially when you’re facing multiple at once.

Ideally you’ll want to enter the Final Boss Stage with all specials charged, so you can fire all of them at once along with your items. As long as you don’t use any Bombs or Dragon Attacks before the Bosses, that should come very close to finishing them off. You can use any remaining Axes or tile damage to finish up at that point.

It will probably be a little difficult, and require some luck with the Board, but I think it’s doable.

EDIT, just saw this:

Congrats! :slight_smile:

4 Likes