🔵 [Nov 6, 2019] Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 9th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 45 minutes earlier at 6:15:00 AM (06:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Survival

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

7 Likes

last team was Jackal+18, Gretel, GM(i think +11), Miki, Musashi+1
now i replaced Gretel with Kage as i recall she was fragile last time and GM is now +13

my emblems will go to GM and rouge will just be on hold for a while (as always :stuck_out_tongue:)
i will hold on into my trainer hero for now as i still didnt decide who to level
Miki really helped on stopping their skills
Jackal died early in the boss fight
had to use few healing potions to be safe

Reset Emblem NO

10 Likes

Same team as always. With so many pulverizers and Scarlett’s attack down, it went down pretty smoothly. Had to use all the small healing potions due to lack of healers. Emblems will go to Gormek and Scarlett. Trainer hero hoarded. :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20191106-022116

9 Likes

Inari - Grimm - Margaret - Kage - Azlar

BTW, @ThePirateKing what is your Line ID?

7 Likes

LINE: the_pirate_king :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My squad this time below. Normally I use Scarlett in the place of BK but want to try something different.

I’m yet to do the final quest (waiting on WE… Grr… Forgot it was trials day) but so far so good!!

UPDATE:
Managed thru final round without any real issues… BK did pretty nicely absorbing a couple DoA shots from Azlar and Scarlett. Unfortunately didn’t reduce the damage from any of the 3 hits nashgar gave him so he died…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Used only 1 heath potion and 2 antidotes

7 Likes

My team:

This time, I replaced Kellie with Azlar - he’s been sitting patiently, waiting for his call up.

Favourable boards meant this battle was over quickly. Boss Azlar fired once but Inari prevented anyone getting burnt. Although antedotes were on hand, just in case.

Azlar snacked on the trainer :yum:, and emblems will wait, hopefully not gathering too much dust, in my inventory.

11 Likes

It seems last time I nuked the bosses, so this time I tried to kill them without so many items - uh okay, went with 2x healing, antidotes and arrows, used healing, 4 antidotes and 1 arrow, okay for me, Kelile and Gretel both survived with about 250 LP.

Too bad, Kelile is still not maxed (but I went fourth tier, so I won’t forget that^^), Gretel is maxed now, Scarlett has some more emblems, the troops are a bit stronger - and I need another hero. One has to go: Gretel or LJ, they just don’t work good together, obviously. But you go with what you get…

Emblembs go to Gretel (Barbarian) and stock (Rogue), maybe when I maxed Danza, he’ll get some :smiley: but Drake is in the yellow line before.
Trainer goes to Anzogh.

Team last time:

Team this time:

Need a line here for quoting…

11 Likes

Used 5 health potions and 5 antidotes. The new emblems will go to Azlar and Domitia.

13 Likes

Here is who I took on my main:

Kelile is in for Azar since she is high enough to survive most attacks. Between both stages Danza only froze once. In a couple of castings, I had a defense up and mana up then the swords. I swear the defense and mana buff icon looks like a toilet. Does anyone else see that?

Stinking Domitia and Scarlett defeated my poor fuzzy friend in a one two combo of specials. :cry::cry::cry: Needless today I got a little angry for them messing with my fuzzy friend!

Here is who I took last time on alt #1:

And here is who I took this time:

In the time between the last one and this time, I obtained Grimm and LJ on Alt #1. They replaced Karil and Nashgar repsectively. And they made a world of difference. The mana slowdown from LJ helped reduce the amount of specials.

Emblems for my main is going to Grimm and Kelile. Grimm was able to move up to +8 from +7 as i just needed 10 more emblems when instated the trial.

Emblems for alt #1 are gonna go to LJ when he is maxed, at least half of the emblems are, then the other half is going to Grimm when i get him maxed. Rogue emblems are gonna go to Scarlett when she hits max.

9 Likes

Missed opportunity with my screenshots again, note to self take a video.

First time completing this trial. Used Peters, Danzaburo, Kelile, Grimm and Scarlett. No healers so I brought med, large and super healths along with antidotes. Used all med healths and a couple each of the rest. Not terribly difficult considering Peters is only 4-17. Grimm is at +14 and Kelile at +12. Danzaburo snowflaked once bottled once and gave swords once, not too bad.

Saving emblems till I have more ham then will take Grimm up to +16. Trainer went to BT, bringing him to 4-50.

7 Likes

Done the first two took these misfits along with me! Emblems to jackal barbarian I’m saving!

8 Likes

Managed to nuke the bosses haha
I struggled again witht he first couple of waves, and I used ALL of my health pots (20 minor ones) in just the first 2 waves.

My Team:

Kelile: Max
Namahage: Max
Miki: 2.60
Azar: Max
Peters: 4.61

Used 5 dragon attacks. 5 bombs. 20 minor healing, and 10 minor mana.
I had 2 heroes die at the end, but that was no surprise as they all had about 1/4 health by the time I got to the bosses lol. Namahage died, then Miki and the other 3 had literally about 20 health each!

Did it though woot!
When I max Peters these rogue emblems will be a nice fit for him

8 Likes

Last time:

This time. Mostly a few more levels and emblems.

Decided on the last stage to swap out dragon for mana pots. My guys are all pretty sturdy now. I think I can stop using the nukes as a crutch.

Launches attack and sees it only kinda dents the bosses…

MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE. OH GOD MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE.

Nah I kid. Was a bit of a slog, but the final stage isn’t meant to be a cakewalk. Got it done anyway.

Mwahahahahhha fear my third max Namahage! Now I can focus on leveling Khagan! I’ll be unstoppable! No wait… slightly less stoppable! No wait… easier to stop! Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

And a bit old hat, but thanks for these as always zephyr. :clap::clap::clap:

9 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

I can’t remember how hard it was last time, but I feel like I struggled in the past due to lack of healers. No more! Black Knight together w/ Gretel means that if the bosses even fire it feels like a wet noodle. I never liked Gretel that much, since her brother is so much better, but i’m Using her more and more. Think i’ll Give her more emblems—i’m So weak in yellow that if I could keep her alive she’d be a big help

7 Likes

Impressive team but even more impressive that they got hit by at least 5 specials and kept on chugging! :muscle:

My team (same as last time):

My results (got a good board):

Thinking about using these rogue and barbarian emblems on another 4*. Definitely Gretel and maybe…Danza :banana::banana::banana::banana: I’m gonna try for a 2nd Jackal during Guardians though so we’ll see.

@notyou87 congrats on finishing! More emblems = stronger heroes = more emblems :smiley:

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +8
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Gormek +20
  • Little John 4^70
  • Kelile 4^70

Compared to last time, Gormek is up one talent, Domitia reached max (from 4^78) and took Danza’s emblems to get to +8, and Azlar is maxed and in for Danza. I’ve been using Azlar a bit on offense since he was nearing max (just got there this morning thanks to a trainer hero from a wanted mission), and I’m really enjoying him, so I was eager to let him loose on this trial.

The not-having-healers thing is annoying, especially on the first wave when you are trying to charge specials, but after that, the mobs are cake. Still used a ton of small healing potions throughout the trial, but entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Job one was to make sure Boss Azlar didn’t fire, which makes this trial really difficult if it happens. Accomplished that. Used one bomb to blunt the regular attacks. Boss Nashgar fired, and eventually Kelile burned to death as a result, but she still outlived Nashgar. Little John was ready to finish off Scarlett, but she fired first and killed him. Fortunately, Domitia avenged her fallen comrade, and unbelievably, Scarlett didn’t dodge the vicious sniper hit.

Domitia falls one lousy emblem short of another talent; part of me thinks I should emblem Kelile, but Domitia is probably a fixture on my defense team for the foreseeable future. Still having a serious debate about what to do with barbarian emblems. I really want to emblem Azlar because I like him so much, but I’m wondering if I’m not better off doing Little John and/or Grimm, so I’m holding my 56 barbarian emblems for now. With Azlar now maxed, the red trainer hero will be part of my first 10-feed to Khagan, my next red project. Finally, some help for my ranger corps!

6 Likes

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/smallgiantgames/original/3X/4/7/47b5aaf81137fd87c4e6c4658c02ac45025b565d.jpeg

My team last time

And my team this time.

No healers, didn’t need em. I used some healing pots and antidotes plus a dragon attack on the last stage. Didn’t have to spend 75 gems to continue which is a win for me. It was slow going, lots of purple and yellow tiles on the board. Once I defeated Nashgar though it was an impressive cascade of blue-green-red goodness that wiped out Azlar and Scarlett at the same time. Boldtusk will get the trainer. Alice got pushed up to 3 nodes and nobody’s got barbarian emblems yet. No reset emblem for me. Maybe next time.

6 Likes

Same team

Took out the little one

Big bad Lion got a little bomb to depower him but :fire: was too much

Scarlett got dragon bombed to bits

6 Likes