🔵 [Jul 08, 2020] Trials of Survival -- Share & Discuss

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 16th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Survival

Reset Token Tracking

=> Class Emblem Trial Quests - Chance for Reset Emblem - Jul 05/ 06 - NO

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its general lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• Or are you lucky enough to own Brynhild or Puss in Boots?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Survival Discussions
5 Likes

Easily done. It has reset emblem after accomplishing all stages.

If any one has checked and seeing that the quest is not yet available, then I am even. Thanks for playing the prank. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Previously my team was:

Miki / Peters Brynhild / Grimm / Scarlett

But Scarlett is out, and Jott is in and I have rearranged them too

Peters / Miki / Brynhild / Jott / Grimm

Bench =
Scarlett
Kelile
Gretel
Little John

Malosi (3/70)
Gormek (3/60)

1 Like

Will be first trial with levelled Jott. Have had Miki, BK, Grimm for a while now, so always been comfortable/fun trial. Should be extra fun with Jott! Pity no scrolls of alteration left. Might bring twin Bryns instead of one, replacing BK, and use a banner instead.

1 Like

Will use GM, scarlet, gormek, kelile and azlar… yeah i know its all red @_@

1 Like

No reset emblem today.

2 Likes

Made some changes, brought in Brynhild for Gretel and rearranged the team, making Brynhild to provide healing coverage for Jackal and Grimm.

The battle was significantly better than the last time, thanks to Brynhild keeping the 3 alive till the last minute when Nashgar on his death bed, used his last energy to dispatch Grimm and in turn died immediately afterwards.

Used some minor healing pots on the duo at the wings.
Trainer saved, Barbarian emblems joined a thousand plus in the inventory, while rogues’ would either go the Brynhild or Marjana depending on the available iron and ham.

7 Likes

My red-green team (LJ, GM, Gormek, Bryn, Scarlett) managed just fine, I only used a couple bombs in the last stage.

3 Likes

Did pretty bad this time. Still won, but 4 heroes died and I had to use all Axes & Arrows (didn’t bring any other damage items).
My change was kicking out +18Scarlett for a Gretel. bad move, since I apparently need the atk debuff.
I did level my Brynhild from 3/57 to +18 since last time, but that wasn’t enough.

Rest of my team stayed the same : Grimm+4, Malosi, Kage+18.

5 Likes

Same team

Killed the big boy

Took on a bit of damage from these two

Used my healing potions to keep Gormek in and managed to get some red tiles

Azlar may get more emblems
Saving Rouge ones
Tyr is now on final accention so he will eat the trainer

7 Likes

Completed all 3 levels using Same team as last trial of survival -
Grimm, Guardian Jackal, Malosi, Domitia and Gormek

6 Likes

Needed 2 turns 4 the bosses.
Fastest trial ever.

7 Likes

Wow! What a board, noice

2 Likes

Very easy.
I used a couple of banners for defense and 2 health pots for Grimm, they kept going after him for some reason.

7 Likes

Did it again :slight_smile:

Used the same team as last time, no changes:

Used one arrow, one antidote to stop the burning from Azlar and used some small healing potions to stop the little bleeding :face_with_head_bandage:

All emblems will go to the bench for now. Not sure if I want to bring GM to node 19 or start with Kage or Kong.
Maybe I will give the others to Brynhild. Let me sleep a night over it.

Traininghero is for Ariel. Not the same colour but really want to bring her to max asap :sweat_smile:

Thanks again and have fun playing! :hugs:

6 Likes

Very close…had that a couple of times :+1:t3:

2 Likes

My team isn’t my favorite for this and not very good on paper. Grimm, Obakrap 1, Miki 18, Danza 20, Peters 18. Got an amazing board on the last so I didn’t have to use any items. Still wondering if I’ll ever see a 5 star rogue.

3 Likes

First, thanks again to @Guvnor for doing these.

Here was the tram through the first two stages and also my bench:

This was unique for me in these challenges in that I had several heroes on the bench that were viable. Typically it’s like maybe 1 or 2 (truthfully in some cases the best 5 are hands down the best 5), but this I had to think a little.

Grimm stayed for D down, high A value, and strong boss color.

I stuck with Domitia because I am tired and kept thinking I needed debuff for Elena’s riposte :neutral_face: … I guess yellow D buff helped in mobs and she can hit pretty hard. Not a total waste by any means. Given my glass cannons she was probably the sturdiest of the bunch.

Scarlett stayed for high A value and A nerf on enemies.

Gretel for mana control and I put in my new toy Jackal mostly because he is my new toy. Also he would go up a node so he has to “earn it”.

Final stage team:

For battle items I took no damage dealers. Antidotes for fire, health pots because I have no healers. I was a little worried about having enough since several of the heroes are “glass cannons”, and the mana to make sure Gretel could stay charged.

First mob wave was tough as I was building mana, but by the second I was rolling with specials ready and only used a health pot or two. Boss stages went really well. Azlar died without firing, Scarlett died without firing, Nashgar got 2 or 3 shots off due to cascades. I had pegged him as the lowest threat and was likely right as I managed fine.

I ended up using about 75% of health pots, 2-3 antidotes (however many times Nashgar fired) and don’t think I needed any mana. Overall this went about as well as I could have hoped and was fun. No fatalities on my end or even people in the red.

Gretel and Jackal went up a node from what is pictured above.

I did not use Proteus on this challenge.

Cheers and good luck!

9 Likes

Team used (no healers):

Battle:

Set the board nicely & fired off some specials:

Then popped the middle block and cascaded a bunch of tiles which killed Nashgar (mortally wounding the other)… Then made another move and killed Scarlett. A final move killed Azlar…

Fight over in a total of 3 moves :confused: :joy:

Rewards:

Emblems for Killhare (node 5) and GM (node 15). Trainer to Kingston.

10 Likes

Cookie Settings