🔵 [Mar 25, 2020] Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 13th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Survival

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its general lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• Or are you lucky enough to own Brynhild or Puss in Boots?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Survival Discussions
3 Likes

grimm-danzaburo-brynhild-little john-grimm.

for now this is my best hero formation for this trial

5 Likes

Trials by Guv - Survival

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Survival by Guv

Guvs Survival History:

Team This Time

Changed it up a little & removed all Jackals from the line-up… Instead using Elena to make use of the BK + Counter synergy!

Other Options

Click for AMAZING hero roster & planning tool (used to show options)

Made by @GDIBass
Quick Link: Home | HeroPlan.io

Forum Thread Link:
HeroPlan.io - Tool for tracking your profile's progress, sharing it & to Plan your Hero Use for Class Trials, Challenge Events, Wars, Tavern of Legends Titans AND MORE!

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

*Final Battle - Trials of Survival 25th March

The Baby Alt

Alt has been put on the backburner… Recently started playing another game & as such don’t have time for 3 accounts + the forum lol

Rewards

• Reset Token = NO
  • Barbarian Emblems = 22 / 50 for Gravemaker Node 11
  • Rogue Emblems = 64 / 125 for Alice Node 8
  • Trainer = Fed to Sumle (now 4-47)

10 Likes

Same team
Last time Azlar was +8

Bit worn out before Bosses

Got a good board and ended up popping the King first

Then miss Evade, thats so anoying

Just held on to pop the 3* sniper

Emblems to the King, saving the rest

7 Likes

Should I even attempt the final stage? I am 2 1/2 months into this game and I feel that I have come a long way quickly because I do pay to play, but my best team has a TP of 2704 with a fully leveled Namahage, Little John, Tyrum and a 1-39 Azlar and a 3-12 Grimm. I do have brynhild who I will try to level up some for next go around so I can have a healer. I was able to get through the 2nd stage just using healing potions mostly because I had a 10 or so combo that really weakened the boss stage. Even if I used every attack weapon/spell I am not sure I can do the final stage…am I right or do you think I have a chance?

2 Likes

I suspect you would be better off waiting. 3* heroes tend to get killed in the mob stages, and a 1-39 Azlar is even weaker than a 3*.

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply

2 Likes

Try to get over the mob waves by minor health pots and nuke the bosses into nirvana.

My trial:

Used some items to shorten the battle. Trainer for Sumle.
Emblems saved.

Boss battle:

8 Likes

Same team as before

The battle

Again Gretel proved valuable, helped to keep the bosses from repeated firing, only Scarlett and Nash fired just once,
Without healer, 4 healing pots, 1 minor healing pots and 9 minor mana pots were used.

All rewards saved for now.

8 Likes

Antidotes would have been nice?

3 Likes

Due to lack of the healer, this is one of the Trials where I really, really need to carpet bomb the bosses.

Now using Inari, Grimm, Kelile, Scarlett and Marjana. When the v28 update rolls around, I will use Rogue Li Xiu in place of Kelile (color-stacking Yellow will help against the Purple mobs/Domitia). I currently have Li locked, uncostumed, in my Raid defense.

6 Likes

Domitia, Musashi, Gormy, Gretel, Miki

Went better than expected having no viable healers. None of the bosses fired thanks to Miki and Gretel and a very nice board. It was quick and easy.

Trainer was eaten by Marjana, she had previously called dibs.

7 Likes

Team as last time. Grimm+20, Little John+14, Miki+1, Kelile+11, Domitia+7. Used 2 Dragon storms, some healing potion, had to revive LJ one time and 1 Mana Potion to keep the bosses quiet. Went for Azlar first, then Nashgar and then Scarlett was pretty on her own, facing defeat. Emblems for LJ, he is still to weak, so I will max him on defensive path and Scarlett, who will become pure offense. Trainer to Azlar or Wilbur.

6 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +13
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Gormek +20
  • Little John +18
  • Scarlett 4^70

Compared to last time, Little John is up four talents and Domitia is up one.

Had to have a few potions during the mob waves, especially for super squishy Scarlett, but the moblings really seemed to go after her and Domitia, so Dom needed a few, too. Had all specials charged and a pretty nice setup going into the boss waves. Targeted Azlar, and even got some tile help with that. One cascade set off Nashgar, but even that wasn’t too bad. Boss Scarlett also fired once, but Azlar - who went down first - never did. Green tiles may not do much damage, but keeping Little John’s mana down effect active makes all the difference. As usual, Boss Scarlett was the last to go down, thanks to evade, but this was pretty no-muss, no-fuss. Everyone survived - hence the name of the trial - and I only had to use 11 healing potions; no offensive battle items.

Emblems take both Domitia and Little John up a node; trainer hero goes to Chef Boldtusk.

5 Likes

Emblems to Kage and Alice… GM already at +18
Used 1 arrow attack just bcz and healed Elena because they all targeted her all hits…

6 Likes

I would wait on the final Trials stage for now but make sure you try to get your way through all of Morlova today

My Trial team:

Watched Scarlett bleed out just for the fun of it :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood: :drop_of_blood:

7 Likes

No Danza? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I did this really easily. Used a few mana and health and an axe or 2.
As you see in the screenshot for my heroes, I switched Brynhild + Scarlett around for the last stage. Glad I did too. They targeted those 3 mostly.

6 Likes

Agreed, would replace the carpet bomb next trial, but then it may prove needed., balance has to be struck between healing and quickly demolish the enemies!

3 Likes

LOL…only if you double dare me :wink: :yum:

3 Likes