[Apr 10, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Was tossing up which items to use as I had no healers

3 Likes

Minor and potent healing potions got me to the final battle. Thsn it was time to nuke and cleanup.

2 Likes

My team was Gormek 70, Kage 80 Khoina 3.70 Gravemaker 80, Obakan 3.70

• Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

cant remember

• Did your team change notably since last time?

replaced Azlar 3.70 and MArjana 3.70 with Kage 80 (before he was at first ascend) and Khoina 3.70 just to try the new combination and it didnt help alot

• What items did you use, if any?

couple of antidotes (will hope to remember to add banners next time) and 2 healing potions (just to be safe)

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

it certainly was difficult specially when khoina (added her on the team for elemental link healing) died at the final seconds i used couple of healing potions to make sure no other one died

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Rouge will go to guardian jackal (only rouge who is maxed) and barbarian for Kage

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Can’t decide yet if i should ascend a 3.70 5* to the last or start a new 4* or should i just give them to Kunchen (currently 4.29)

• Anything else interesting to share?

good luck to all and bring banners potions and revive scroll for emergencies or just NUKE the hell out of the bosses if you cant make it

1 Like

This was a good one for me:

The lineup change from last time was replacing Carver with Little John, and it made a huge difference. Entered the boss wave with multiple diamonds ready and let loose. LJ’s special kept the mana situation in control. Only Nashgar got his special off.

The lack of a healer wasn’t a real problem: I had enough offensive firepower to move through the waves quickly. Used most of the minor healing and healing positions. Didn’t need any bombs or dragon attacks.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:

:grin:
1 axe, 1 bomb, 2 500hp potions

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

NOTE TO FUTURE SELF: when you remind everyone else to bring Antidotes, you should remind yourself too. :roll_eyes:

The big changes for me were swapping out Kelile and 3-60 Scarlett for nearing-max Gormek and Grimm #2.

It’s really quite the Pulverizer Party.

Other changes include a step up for Scarlett from +5 to +7, and a big leap for Grimm from +3 to +7.

Plus some troop leveling, as usual.

The Battle

The first two Stages were pretty uneventful, with no items needed, and only one hero lost along the way.

The last Stage was straightforward to get to the Bosses, and I went in with all specials charged plus a diamond on the board.

I was able to do quite a lot of damage just off the specials and tiles initially. And with the defense debuff in place and the double blue/double red stack, tile damage went well.

Little John did a nice job as usual slowing mana gain, plus giving some nice smacks.

Toward the end, the board had built up a lot of junk tiles as I’d worked out matches I needed, so I used a Time Stop to give myself space to clear them out.

Unfortunately, Azlar fired at the end of that, and I hadn’t brought antidotes.

That proved not to be a giant deal, since they were near death anyway. I used some extra minor healing pots to keep afloat, and continued on. By the end I’d used most of my minor healing, but still had a few left.

At the very end when Nashgar was dead and Scarlett and Azlar were close, I decided to use one more Time Stop for safety to finish them off with tiles and some skill hits.

On the whole, it was a pretty easy battle, and a fun one with a pile of heavy hitters.

Next time I definitely don’t need the Dragon Attacks and Bombs, so I’ll bring regular healing and antidotes instead.

Was It Harder?

I’d say slightly.

The extra HP definitely made a bit of a difference at the end, since they would have died a little sooner. It would have saved me the second Time Stop at least, since Azlar would have been dead by the time I used it, and I wouldn’t have worried about Scarlett with 400ish HP left to finish off with tiles and maybe a special skill hit.

But it definitely wasn’t a huge difference.

Shiny New Emblems

Scarlett went to +8, sticking to an attack priority path.

Grimm unfortunately can’t go anywhere just yet.

Trainer Heroes is People!

Gormek The Hungry got a little snack…and is already hungry again.

8 Likes

Yup. Not even considering the last stage, considering the second stage had Marjana standing alone against Scarlett at the end. Used super-antidotes (just because I had them), middle manas, middle heals and minor heals.

Last time, I had an unleveled Dawa in the group. My final team this time:

Karil 1/1; Namahage 1/25; Carver 3/50; Marjana 2/49; Kelile 3/10

I imagine Marjana is going to get the emblems — some day… Unless I draw a better four-star rogue in the meantime. Barbarian emblems will depend on me someday drawing a barbarian of note to give them to…

1 Like

Same team as last time.
Odd to say this, but i just may pull Obakan to 2/60 as my next purple project so that the next time around i have a rainbow team to use.
I finished all 3 rounds last time, but don’t have the WE to attempt the second 2 yet. I’ll update after I’ve at least tried. Lack of healing heroes will make this a more difficult battle.

2 Likes

Looking forward to finding out how the second 2 go!

1 Like

Jackal - Grimm - Azlar - Kage - Domitia

1 Like

I beat it…but i ended up getting scared and using my axes and bombs. Scarlett kept dodging attacks! So, she wasn’t taking the same damage as the other 2 as i was firing specials! I ended up flasking just to get it over with!

I know people said not to level LJ as my first maxed green 4*, since i have yet to do that! But, i really do love that big Brute! I can always max others after him! It’s not like I’m short on mats either…

5 Likes

Congrats! :bomb::hammer_and_pick:

1 Like

My team Grimm 70+3, Khiona 80+4, Gormek 70+6, Khiona 2/60, Scarlett 70

One of the easiest runs I remember in a trial. Used two big healing pots but never looked like losing, lots of pulverising and some nice tiles killed Azlar before he could fire. Didn’t end up needing any other items

So it felt slightly harder but the board made it easy

2 Likes

This time I had to use a bomb to prevent 2 specials

3 Likes

Same team i used last time and basically aint gonna improve it unless i find a substitute for that weak link which is Karil. I know this is a team that manages to do some good damage [with 2 pulverizers and Domi] unlike others in the rest of the trials so I tried to use minimum help from items.
I’ve used only one bomb some healing and antidotes [more like a healing - so i could cure them all even if they weren’t affected by ailments].

3 Likes

Gotta love Class Trials for putting a maxed and Emblemed 5* alongside a 3*!

2 Likes

Yeah Domi said she’s gonna defend Karil even if he is weak :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Winning team:

LJ - 3/60
Kelile - 4/70 + 13
Azlar - 4/80 + 1
Grimm - 3/60
Grimm - 4/70 + 4

Not too bad. Bogged a bit on the last bosses because of a junk board, so I used a couple of extra Dragon Attacks and Bombs because I didn’t want Azlar firing off. On a normal board I smoke all of them pretty easily.

Red Hood is getting the 3* trainer.

1 Like

I was not very sure I can make it due to lack of healer, but it turned out much easier than expected.

Completed with Marjana 4.80 + 2 - Kelile 4.70 - Danzaburo 4.50 - Jackal 4.70 - Grimm 4.70 + 6.

I maxed Kelile who.was 3.60 last time, and replaced pity-levelled Namahage with now almost maxed Danzaburro. Dan froze himself twice on last battle of course, but then went with bottle and as Scarlett was down the mana boost for ghosted tiles was insane. I regret I used more nukes than needed, but still returned base with 3 dragons left and 4 heroes alive.

1 Like

Kage is level enough to play, so I pulled fragile Jackal. I thought about swapping him in for one of the Grimms, but I really wanted that ice damage against the final 3. Nice that Kage also benefits from Khiona’s elemental link.

I had everyone charged going into the final fight except Khiona, and 2 diamonds on the board. I started with a bomb (wasted, remember Scarlett will overwrite the debuff next time) and a dragon attack, and then just unleashed on them. They never knew what hit them. Only Scarlett on their side managed to get off a special.

The emblems go to Khiona and Grimm (he is keeping them warm for Kage). The trainer will go to Zimkitha.

3 Likes