🔵 [Oct 21, 2020] Trials of Survival -- Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 19th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Survival Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its general lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• Or are you lucky enough to own Brynhild or Puss in Boots?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Survival Discussions
5 Likes

@Guvnor thank you for including the guides with boss enemies with these posts!

1 Like

I think this one comes down to whether or not I have a good board for the bosses to see if I end up nuking the bosses or not. I have zero healers available, a lot of squishy hitters, and the bosses have low defense. Tiles will be king (like always?). I have a lot of depth but it is also a lot of glass cannon heroes. Anyone want to lend me a maxed, emblemed Brynhild?

@TGW

:beers:

3 Likes

Reminder to anyone participating about the 4* only challenge:

6 Likes

One of my favourites, although it’s annoying because I only have 1 healer - Brynhild, who I tank and put Miki and Jott as flanks. So then Grimm is always exposed and gets severe damage. My last hero I use Peters, he is now +18 and he can manage to dodge a lot, so he doesn’t take as much damage as Grimm.

I always need to use health pots on Grimm unless I get a very good, blue board at the end.
Ultimately, as long as I don’t lose those middle 3, I am good :smiley:

3 Likes

Five tacos says a reset emblem isn’t included in the final level’s loot.

2 Likes

I already completed mine, 10 minutes before it went live :joy: #joke

I already know my strategy: nuke the bosses, get the emblems and the trainer, enjoy the rest of my day. :tada:

1 Like

Emblems for GM and Marjana :slight_smile:

5 Likes

4* challenge and I decided to live dangerously and bring a 3* to a no healer team. Because more elemental def down on a 3-2 anti color team will work, right? Right!?! biting nails

Thought about taking extra health pots, but realised either I’m going to kill or get killed. May as well stick with mana.

The team:

Yea look I love these heroes. But no healer … omg I’m going to die!!

So, first couple of levels go ok. Don’t have to use items. Team is taking hits but hitting back. But come on we know it comes down to the last boss stage!

Played cautious, set up specials and board for boss stage. Heroes have taken hits. I just KNOW they will kill Nordri in the very first slash strike!! Ok fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: let’s go!

2 very slow moves and a minute later … wait what …

Wait a minute … what just happened here? takes a whole minute to stare at the screen and make one more move …

Wait wait … must take screenshot quick quick.

Well damn …

I’ll figure out emblems, trainers and stuff later. Let me just bask in this for now :joy:

(Still no reset. Dinosaurs are playing with them in extinct-land)

12 Likes

Team slightly changed, Kelile+11 out, Marjana+3 in, on the bench Malosi+7 - wanted Defense Down of Grimm instead of rainbow and had Miki to shut up the bosses. Board was yellow, of course. Few blue tiles so I had to mana up Miki a lot, lost Grimm once and revived him. Boss Scarlet fired once, but no serious damage done. She went down first, followed by Azlar, then Nashgar. MVP Miki! Silencing the bosses and double up tile damage. Emblems saved for Malosi and Marjana, Trainer to Khaghan. Forgot about the 4* challenge, next time!

5 Likes

Your team seems familiar, mine is almost the same.

Benched for the 4* trial: Marjana and Mok-arr, and Kelile.

Mobs-rounds went okay, but my start with the bosses was not great. Used some healing, some antidotes against the attack-debuffs and burns, and a few bombs to kill off Scarlett and Nashgar.

10 Likes

Rogue emblems to Brynhild.
Barbarian maybe to Jott

7 Likes

Went through fine with my team. Used a purple banner as a precaution on the last round:
Grimm, Malosi, Costume Richard, Brynhild and Guardian Jackal

3 Likes

I managed the first two stages with

3 * Agnes (My goodness, is she squishy!)
3 * Nashgar
4 * Brynhild (Not levelled, lacking ascension materials)
3 * Nordri
4 * Scarlett (Not levelled, lacking ascension materials)

And a whole bunch of arrows and potions, so now I am down to zero again!

The above team was really all I had of classes, that fit the requirements.

I am not going further, since the second stage almost killed me!

Next time… :four_leaf_clover:

Good luck all :slight_smile:

Oh, emblems to be used on Azar and Agnes! (Lacking other options, and it will be a long while before I can level a 4* and gather ascension materials for a 4* anyway - I am relatively new)

10 Likes

4* challenge well Mok-arr out Peters 3/60 in do have a few others at 3/60 but went for colour diversity. Used health as no healer and some time stops.

Everything in storage at the moment. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

4* challenge again!

My plan

Plan: Li Xiu costume, Grimm, Little John, Scarlett, Danzaburo.

Decided to drop Little John (weak color) for a 2nd Grimm (double Blues - I will callthem the Brothers Grimm!), while keeping Danza for the fun factor. So two Blues and two Yellows as strong colors, and Scarlett for the attack debuff.

Benched Gormek - redundant with Grimm around.

Poor Grimm, I really need to apologize. He used to be on every Blue squad, but I dropped him once I ascended Isarnia. He still comes out for late war teams though, and I’m happy he go the chance to shine in this Trial. I’d almost forgotten I had a second maxed Grimm hiding in my roster - will not forget again!

Brothers Grimm + Scarlett, then Danza’s swords did a big number on the bosses (except that nasty dodging Scarlett). They all fired, but Azlar and Nashgar missed and antidotes cured the ailments. Azlar fell first because he was the main target for the Brothers Grimm, then Nashgar. Then Scarlett killed Danza out from under my nose (eeeek!)

And she kept dodging specials while i worked the board… until finally I made a 5-match of blue tiles under her. Boom, bye bye Scarlett. My Scarlett’s the only real one.

Rogue emblems bring Margaret to +7.
Barbarians in the bank, maybe Azlar to +4, maybe I’ll hold them from the younger Brother Grimm.

Done with only health potions and antidotes used, thankfully not the Titanium Shields!

Maybe next time I will bring arrows. With Danza’s blind and 3 Rogues, the dodge/blind chance is quite high. (Somebody else can do the math, I’m letting my brain rest).

10 Likes

4* only challenge complete!

Two antidotes and nine healing pots used. Hardest 4* only challenge so far since no healer. Made sure to line up the board before bosses.

Regular Team:

Challenge Team:

Battle:

Result:

9 Likes

Another change to my team, this time brought in C.Richard 3/70 for Inari.

Then AI chose him for the slash attacks

Used a few minor healing pots on C-Richard, at the end he was slashed to death but made significant impact. Trainer goes to Gormek, emblems all saved

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +18
  • Marjana 4^80
  • Grimm +20
  • Little John +20
  • Brynhild +19

Compared to last time, Grimm is up 4 talents. I also stripped Scarlett of her rogue emblems and gave them to Brynhild; together with what I’ve collected since then, it brought Brynhild to +19. I also switched out Azlar for Marjana, because having three squishy heroes is one too many for Brynhild to keep alive with her nearby healing.

No trouble with the mob waves until the last one, when they started targeting Marjana way too often. Since she was out of Brynhild’s range, I had to use healing potions on her. Entered the boss wave with red, green, and purple diamonds on the board, and a blue one ready to make, so I basically knew this was a slam dunk. Focused fire on Azlar, and he went down without getting his special off, so no need for antidotes this time. Took down Nashgar next, but not before he and Scarlett ganged up on Marjana and killed her. (I think they got word of how good her costume looks in beta and went into a jealous rage!) Anyway, I finished the job pretty easily without her.

Rogue emblems give Marjana her first talent; maybe she can evade some of that damage next time! After maxing Gormek, Grimm, and LJ, I’m still debating what to do with barbarian emblems. Could start on Azlar, or I could use them to beef up a few of my three-stars for challenge events and raid tournaments. I have Nordri, Azar (with full costume bonus), Nashgar, and Namahage all as options. I could max all four of them for what it would cost to take Azlar to about +11. :man_shrugging: Trainer hero goes to second Boldtusk.

7 Likes