[Mar 6, 2019] Trials of Survival Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in these older threads from the first time Trials of Survival occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Survival allows Barbarians and Rogues

• The bosses are Nashgar, Domitia, Scarlett, and Azlar

• Monsters are red/fire and purple/dark

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 3619 HP.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Survival:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

Did your team change notably since last time?

What items did you use, if any?

Did having few healer options in the Rogue and Barbarian classes impact you?

What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Anything else interesting to share?

2 Likes

I finished Marjana and leveled up my second Scarlett from ~2^23 I think

2 Likes

I have to wait on WE for the last stage on this one.

In the meantime, team planning:

My team last time:

And this time:

This team actually stepped up quite a bit.

My first Scarlett went to max, and got Emblems. And Grimm got Emblems too.

I also brought a second Scarlett up to 3-60 to replace Namahage. The timing on that was pretty perfect, as I just finished her yesterday.

I also made some progress on my original nature 4* troop and only ice 4* troop, and finally broke down and decided to level one of my fire 3* troops more now that I’m 8+ months into not having a 4* fire troop (I don’t have a holy one either).

After a long chat with @Garanwyn I was convinced that I’d still make good use of some 3* troops for stacking, so I’m using 1* feeders on them, and saving the 2* and 3* feeders for eventual 4* troops…

…which will hopefully arrive before the heat death of the universe.

Please, RNG? :pray::robot::kiwi_fruit:

2 Likes

I have little john at 3/70 and Musashi not fed

2 Likes

Team from last time…

…and this time.

Not much difference, though Jackal and Grimm surely had fewer nodes unlocked on their talent grids last time… I didn’t want to bench Peters, but nature heroes don’t fare too well in this trial.

Might be all in my head, but it seemed much easier this time around!

1 Like

If i looked i could probably find out how leveled my heroes were from last time. I don’t think LJ was at 3/60 yet and i have a feeling my Grimm was barely leveled.
In order to get a rainbow, looks like i have reason to at least feed Obakan to 2/60.
This time I replaced Dawa with Alice 2/60. I also don’t think my Jackal was maxed yet. LJ is going to be my next green to get shields, so he will be most likely maxed or nearly there by next time. Obviously I’ll be finishing Grimm before then too.
This is the picture of line up i used.

I’m waiting on my energy to do more levels. I’ll probably attempt the last level this time around. Even though the heroes themselves don’t add up to 4000, i realized having stronger troops help get more damage.

1 Like

I used Azlar, Marjana, Domitia, Gormek and Grimm. That’s quite a bit of fire power, I used 2 small mana (I went into the boss wave a bit too soon, I hadn’t charged up Gormek or Grimm) and a couple of healing potions, because of no healer for this trial. Last time I thought, I should bring antidotes for burn and Scarlets attack debuf, but I forgot again :wink: , so I picked on Azlar, because I didn’t want him to go off and he didn’t.

2 Likes

I had the same team like last time:

All maxed: Scarlett, Little John, 2xAzar plus Dawa. :unamused:
I think this is the last trial where I only do the first 2 stages.

Pulled Marjana last week but will take some time to start leveling her.
Boldtusk is in the middle of his last lap. :smile:

2 Likes

Got em, 6 tokens on Grimm now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last time, I had
Carver 3/35 - Dawa 1/1 - Nashgar 1/9 - Karil 1/1 - Zudak 1/1

Since then, Carver has gone up a couple of levels to 41, I drew Khelile, who is currently 1/29.

First level was easy. Second level required 5 axes and 2 dragon attacks. Debating whether to even try the third with this team power of 1700, and no real candidates for using the emblems any time soon.

Who even needs rouges?

Just kidding, I need that family bonus

1 Like

First time i had a good board at the boss fight and with this team firepower they lasted very little, basically Azlar managed to fire one time [so i used a superantidote] and seconds after all three were wiped out.
Only used a bomb attack, a super antitode and a hp in the boss fight. The axe attack and the 2 other hp where used in the mob levels.

2 Likes

Second stage was ok, but I needed several health potions. I won’t try the 3rd this time… Team too weak and no healing.

1 Like

You can certainly try it if it’ll be fun for you, that’s always a good reason. :slight_smile:

But practically speaking, it’s likely to be pretty difficult with your current team. I suspect even if the monsters don’t take you out, Azlar or Scarlett going off once or twice will.

To avoid that, if you could manage to make it through to the bosses, you’d need to use battle items to nuke them. 5 Dragon Attacks, 5 Bombs, and 5 axes will nearly kill these bosses, since their health is lower than some of the other Trials. So if you go in with your specials charged, fire them, and then fire off all the items, you can beat them — though it will be an expensive victory…and getting to the bosses to begin with will be very challenging.

If it were me back when I had a team like that, I would have skipped it. But you might be more willing to give it a try and possibly crash and burn than I was. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the easiest trial for me and the only one where I don’t have to use bombs and/or dragons in the final stage.
You can see why from the team below - easily my best trial team
Ironic - as I usually like to play with two healers

2 Likes

Great pull! She will definitely help you out next go around!

1 Like

Didn’t think to get a screenshot, but completed with GM, Khiona, Grimm, and two Jackals. Only had to burn a few small heal pots

2 Likes

I used this team with no items.

1 Like

I don’t know why I’ve been so scared to try the last levels. Onatel has really given me the courage to try levels i didn’t think were possible yet! (I know she wasn’t in this)

4 Likes