🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Nature - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

It’s time for Trials of Nature!

Note: Per my announcement (Class Trials Forum Threads -- Future Change of Set-up & Format) this is now the Master Discussion Thread for the Trials of Nature.

This is the Eighth of the Trials in the cycle!

This class trial starts on a Sunday at 07:00am UTC. It recurs every 35 days.

Next Start Date End Duration
2021-01-10T07:00:00Z 2021-01-11T07:00:00Z 24 Hours
Restricted Classes
Druid & Ranger
image & image

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Nature Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Nature

• Trials of Nature has a few healer options — did you have any healers available for your team?
    Healer Options: Red Hood, Baldur (Self), Alberich, Melendor (reg), Gullinbursti, Gadeirus, Rigard (Cost), Belith (Reg), Friar Tuck (cost)

• Boss Brienne’s attack buff can be very dangerous, but Druids and Rangers feature several heroes who can dispel or overwrite the buff. Did you bring any heroes along to help deal with Brienne?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

Past Trials of Nature Discussion Threads

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Nature Discussions

Other Master Trials Discussion Threads

5 Likes

This one is usually a walk in the park for me:

cRigard +19 / Evelyn +6 / Gullinbursti +19 / Lianna +17 / Tiburtus +19

In reserves I have:

• 2x Caedmon (both +19)
  • 1x Melendor +19
  • 1x Zimkitha 4/40
  • 2x cSonya
  • 1x Chao
  • 2x cRgard
  • 1x Tiburtus
3 Likes

No items.

4 Likes

Went with 3 Green lineup
Caedmon - Onyx - Khagan - Melendor - Gobbler

Onyx was killed by hits from Chao and Horghall but managed to complete without any items.
Green trainer to Krampus. Ranger emblems to Onyx. Druid ones saved for the moment

4 Likes

Reset emblem in Trials of Nature! :smiley:

1 Like

Went with this team

Good start, used Gade to heal when Gazelle was out, no items

Emblems saved, trainer for Richard
2nd Team

Simular start

Used a couple of items, but managed in the end

Emblems for Lianna and Kadilen
Trainer for Elena

3 Likes

Gullinbursti makes this trial a breeze. Plus the final three seem to be the weakest of them all.

4 Likes

Gulli cRigs Sesh Freya Zimi

No problems, no items.

5 Likes

Just one time axes + one time arrows, MVP goes to Kvasir and Buddy, minions did the job so I could save a lot of items, even tho I nearly lost cause I wanted to save as many items as possible :grimacing:

Going into the boss stage like that:

Screenshot_20210110_113250_com.smallgiantgames.empires

And that’s the finish, brienne att up + horghalls aoe nearly one shot my team:

Trainer to elkanen:)

3 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

I completely agree with @Chadmo. Gullinbursti makes this trial very easy.

Horghall released his attack once, but I didn’t care. Regarding Chao and Brienne, no problem with Seshat in my team.
No need to use any object.

Trainer to Mother North, ranger emblems to Lianna and the druid ones will be saved.

Good luck. :wink:

6 Likes

First 2 round: let’s try lianna (3/01)

But for the final round: enter melendor at +18 for more heal and dispell

Final mobround blew my carefully prepared board, had to use some items. Angry tree killed melendor just when he charged for dispell, but (just) killed him before I had to bomb him. Trainer to Lianna.

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Noble Rigard +20
  • Tiburtus +c20
  • Vela +15
  • Lianna +8
  • Buddy +19

Compared to last time, Vela is up three talents, and Lianna is up one.

Used some early specials to speed up the mob waves. In the fourth wave, I fired Lianna at the last mobling to preserve green and blue diamonds. That meant I entered the bosses without Buddy or Lianna charged, but it turned out to be the right move. Fired the others, then unleashed a green diamond that did a ton of damage and charged Lianna and Buddy, who fired. Then popped the blue diamond, recharging Vela. Ultimately, Horghall did not fire before dying. Chao fired once (ineffectively) before going down next, and Brienne got off her buff and one normal attack before I finished the fight. Hit-3 heroes ftw.

Ranger emblems bring Lianna up a talent. Not enough druid emblems for Vela. Trainer hero to Carver, as I’m working on some small projects before seeing what the costume chamber will bring me next week (assuming I like the featured costumes).

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other Options
2021-01-10_20-46-07

Battle

Decent setup on boss wave…

Clean without using items… :muscle:
Next time I should not place Buddy near Seshat, that will replace Seshat’s minion duh :sweat_smile:
And also I forget to use mana troop lvl 17 for Buddy instead, so that 9 tiles.

Reward

Druid still not sure for Vela or Gullinbusrti…
Ranger, well very compatetive… I plan in the future to reset Seshat for Onyx, and maybe give the rest some emblem for Seshat, Gefjon and Evelyn.
Actually I lack emblemed blue heroes,… but well, let see later.
Trainer keep later.
Reset Token yes,… keep for later.

5 Likes

Melendor - Buddy - Caedmon - C.Domitia - Gulli everyone with costume bonus if available and with a bunch of emblems (3, 7 10 emblems, something like that)

Tried this setup, my only worry was to dispel Brienne’s att-up and weaken Horghall’s (already weak) attack with Buddy. Easy, no items used, never been in danger, i don’t think i ever had any hero with hp below the boosted level from Gullinbursti. I also had quite the alternatives benched (Vela, Triton, Tiburtus, C.Sonya. Sometimes there’s too much to pick, sometimes there’s no-one available :joy:)

Trainer to Miki. Emblems will be used on Buddy for sure. Druid emblems in store for now. I have too many options out there.
Nice reset token.

4 Likes

This went really bad. I was half asleep and hung over really can’t remember what items I used a bit of everything I guess haha. But I got by.

Ranger Athena druid storage trainer grevie.

4 Likes

Completed using the same team as previous month …
Melendor, Red Hood, Costume Magni, Tiburtus and Kadilen…

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Noble Rigard +20
  • Tiburtus +c20
  • Vela +18
  • Lianna +12
  • Buddy +19

Compared to last time, Vela is up three talents, and Lianna is up four.

Mob waves were unremarkable except for the fact that I fired everybody but Lianna to close out wave 4 and wasn’t able to recharge Buddy before the bosses. No matter; Tiburtus + Vela does basically the same thing. There was a nice set of matches waiting under Chao, so I aimed Lianna at him, and the tile damage was enough to wipe him out before he fired. Continued working the board left to right, and took down Brienne one turn after she fired. Horghall got one buffed regular attack before Vela reversed the buff, and he did manage to fire once before Lianna dispatched him. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.

Just short of ranger emblems for Lianna. Not sure what I’m doing with druid emblems now that Vela is at +18, but I’m pretty sure I don’t have enough for a four-star node anyway. Maybe I’ll draw Guillinbursti once I finish Valhalla; he would be the prime candidate. Trainer hero goes to Bertila.

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Change Melendor in instead of Rigard.C.

Battle

Decent start board on boss wave.

Smooth without using any items.
I should actually change position for Seshat not near with Buddy because it will overwrite minnion.

Reward

Ranger, still need more for Onyx, Druid keep for now. Trainer goes to Almur.

3 Likes

This went really good compared to last time haha. Tibs +7 only diffence. No items.

Druid storage, ranger Athena, trainer Peters.

3 Likes