🔵 [May 26, 2019] Trials of Nature Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Nature!

This is the 8th of the Trials in the 4th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 1 hour earlier at 6:00:00 AM (06:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Druids & Rangers Horghall, Lianna, Chao, Brienne :leaves: :snowflake:
Green/Nature & Blue/Ice

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP

:sweat: History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:

We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.

It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 4051 288
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Strength

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 51
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 551
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 1051
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1551
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 1051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1551
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 3051
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3551

:school_satchel: Recommended Items for Trials of Nature

Click for Recommended Items for Trials of Nature
Stage(s) Item Explanation
1, 3 Antidotes Horghall in Stages 1 and 3 causes an attack debuff, which can make Antidotes useful, particularly if you don’t have Druid Zimkitha or Druid Gadeirus to overwrite the debuff.
All Mana Pots Because healer options are moderately plentiful for Trials of Nature, healing pots may be less necessary. If you have healer options, you may prefer mana as a safety net, in case you’re having trouble charging a healer at a key moment.

Be mindful that all forms of mana pots can be difficult to sustain production of with frequent usage.
All Health Pots Particularly if you lack healer options for Trials of Nature, healing pots are always smart to bring along.
All Time Stops Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

:cookie: @Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Nature

Click for Mariamne's Guide

TrialsNature
[/quote]

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible

Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial

@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps - #33 by madmarv

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Nature?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Nature?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Nature?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Nature?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Nature

• Trials of Nature has a few healer options — did you have any healers available for your team?

• Boss Brienne’s attack buff can be very dangerous, but Druids and Rangers feature several heroes who can dispel or overwrite the buff. Did you bring any heroes along to help deal with Brienne?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Nature occurred:

3 Likes

Team:
Tiburtus, Caedmon, Horghall, Lianna, Melendor

I forgot antidotes and bear banners again, so enemy Horghall was a bit of a problem. I had to use 3 revival scrolls and a bunch of small mana pots to make it through.

I currently have Khagan in training, so I hope his red tile damage will help me next time. But I will only level him to 3/70

The emblems are for Melendor and Lianna, the trainer hero for Elkanen.

1 Like

Since last time, I replaced Melia 3/50 with Gadeirus 3/60. So I have all four stars for this one:

Triton +9; Melendor 4/70; Caedmon +8; Tiburtus 4/70; Gadeirus 3/60.

First two levels went nicely. I have high hopes for the last level. Triton and Caedmon are taking the emblems. If I get the trainer, it’s going to Margaret.

EDIT: I ended up using some heals/manas and 3 dragons on the third level. But successful.

Slightly improved team this time, all fully maxed 5*. As expected, got me through without any items.

2 Likes

Got this during trials and it seems I’m not the only one who got it :slight_smile:

Edit: Reminder to never post at 4:00 am while having some drinks with friends :rofl:

1 Like

Old team

Current team

Adding buddy to evelyn really made lianna and green tiles go massive
Triton buff really helped with all my green hero + elemental link to always be on the safe side
Went to the final boss with full mana and took Horghall first and chao second
Was really an easy fight

The emblems will be saved for now
The hero will go to melandor as i paused leveling him a bit for a while

Only change is Caedmon has tokens

1 Like

Same ol team:

Nothing impressive about this team but it does the job. This time Zim died for the first time in this trial. Brienne crippled her with a mind-blowing critical from full health to 0.
Zimkitha is 3/70, Chao is 4/70 +9, Caedmon is 4/70 +0, Khagan is 3/70, Melendor is 4/70 +8 (i believe).

1 Like

That’s your tournament loot though :slight_smile:

For the trial team I still don’t have melendor so I used triton, buddy, gadeirus (3-60), zimzam, and gregorion.
I’m not sure gadeirus is worth it over caedmon though.

Team : Chao 3/25, Tiburtus 3/60, Zim +4, Lianna +3 and Caedmon 4/70.
Last stage 4 healing potions, 3 axes, 2 carpet bombs and 2 dragon attacks.
It took the healing potions to keep Chao and TB alive. Attack was focused more on Brienne, to prevent her boost as a result she was the first to explode, then Horghall and then Chao.

The trainer hero would be used by Alberich, the druids and Rangers emblems would go to Zim and Lianna respectively.

1 Like

3* Belith
Gaderus
and… Gobbler :rofl:

Belith + Caedmon

I decided to go green once more by ditching Tiburtus. Along with another two 3*, I replace him with Caedmon, Jack O’Hare, and Gobbler.

Old Team:

New Team:

As I don’t relly on carpet bombing, it is far easier.

10 Healing Potions, 3 Arrow Attacks, 2 Bomb Attacks, and 1 Dragon Attack:

Caedmon is 4/68, soon to be emblemed but Ranger emblems will have to wait.

Caedmon.

@zephyr1 It seems I can’t quote older trials of nature thread.

Edit: Done quoting. Thanks

3 Likes

Swapped in Athena for Chao to hover through the mobwaves. Carpeting the bosses was necessary. Melendor surprisingly was last man standing.

Trainer for Melendor…

1 Like

That should be fixed now, I think the thread needs to be open, which it is now. I had started closing them because people keep posting in the old threads despite the new one being pinned, and the old one having the old date in the title.

1 Like

IMO these are getting very boring. It’s the same thing over and over…just like farming. They need to change things up at least once a month

1 Like

Boss rotation would be cool, since there are several heroes belonging to the classes.

3 Likes

I used Lianna, Zim, Boss Wolf, Athena, and Red Hood. Breezed through, one try, no items needed.

Brienne +10
Melendor 2/44
Caedmon 3/60
Ishtak max
Belith max

Carpet bombed the last stage and finished with just Caedmon, remaining at 23 Hp.

My team before:

My team now:

Between Red Hood, Gadeirus, and Melendor, I was pretty good on healing for everything except the final boss battle as my items and board started to thin down, but that’s a bit of a marathon with this trial for me, so that’s to be expected.

Brienne I kept down between Caedmon, Chao, Melendor, and the bomb attack.

Other than a little advancement in talents and troops, the only major change was swapping out a level 10 3* damage troop for a level 1 4* crit troop, but even that’s only a questionably notable change.

Final battle screenshot:

All of them but not the full lot. Minor healing to keep people up, minor mana to counter Chao when the foxes were flattened, bomb to counter Brienne, and dragon to help whittle down the boss hp through the dot. Horghall kinda sucked to fight, but I don’t regret bringing the items I did. Might swap the carpet bombs out for different items next time, assuming I remember to check this thread first.

Caedmon went up a talent node between stages, and Chao did after finishing the final stage. Little John ate the trainer.

Thanks as always for the threads, zephyr. :clap::grin:

1 Like

They are starting to feel a little more like Rare Quests, where I just plow through them without a lot of thought — for me, that’s a function of having gotten to the point where I have well-leveled teams for every one of the Trials now.

The premise of changing them at least once a month is interesting, since they only repeat every 5 weeks — already more than a month apart.

That implies to me that it’s not just that each particular one of the Trials feels repetitive to you, so much as collectively all of them do. I suspect they’re starting to blur together for you.

Any thoughts on what would make them more interesting?

2 Likes