🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Decimation - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

Note: Per my announcement (Class Trials Forum Threads -- Future Change of Set-up & Format) this is now the Master Discussion Thread for the Trials of Decimation.

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the cycle!

This class trial starts on a Wednesday at 07:00am UTC. It recurs every 35 days.

Next Start Date End Duration
2021-01-06T07:00:00Z 2021-01-07T07:00:00Z 24 Hours
Restricted Classes
Fighter & Wizard
image & image

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Decimation Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?
    Healer Options: Delilah, Guinevere, Kiril (reg), Boldtusk (Reg), Melendor (Cost), Shale, Belith (Cost), Grevle

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

Past Trials of Decimation Discussion Threads

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Decimation Discussions

Other Master Trials Discussion Threads

6 Likes

Probably the easiest trial for me even with just 2 5*

Attack up, defense down, mana control, and reflect the final bosses AOE. The only question was if I needed to use any mana potions for Proteus

Other options were Boldtusk, cCaedmon, Kashhrek and Shale.

Went into the final fight with a purple diamond :yum:

Emblems to Elena and Shale. Purple Trainer to Tiburtus

5 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

I wanted to test Grevle and he worked quite well. Besides, the purple tiles came to my help and Proteus blocked the final bosses until the end.

Trainer to Ametrine, fighter emblems will be saved and the wizard ones will go to lord Loki when I finish him.

6 Likes

Went all Wizard on this one

No items as Proteus kept them at bay

Emblems for Sartana and Tyr
Trainer fo MN
2nd team

Again had to bomb my way home

Emblems for Sartana
Trainer for Lianna

5 Likes

Took this swaped out guin for poseidon needed more fire power, no items used. Had a good starting board when bosses arrived.

Emblems to guin and Kingston trainer merlin. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other option
2021-01-06_20-02-36

Battle

Boss wave, 4/5 mana charged with heave minnions and decent board setup.

Bosses not gain mana at all, even I didn’t cast 2nd Proteus untill end.
Not using any items :muscle:

Reward

Fighter for Killhare, Wizard keep for later, Trainer keep it for now, already maxed 3rd Proteus today.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Wizard Melendor +20
  • Proteus +18

Exactly the same team as last time.

Mob waves were quite easy, but I kinda had this feeling like the boards were gonna be difficult. Lots of red tiles showing up in replacement. Entered the boss wave with everyone charged. Usually, it’s a slow and steady fight, but this time, it was extra slow, and I couldn’t seem to charge my healers for squat. Mana control did its thing, as usual, but this went so slow that Oberon and Balthazar both charged and fired on the same turn, killing Poseidon… but revive to the rescue. Had to burn a few health potions to keep the poison from killing him again, but my guys and gals caught their second wind after that, taking down all three bosses in short order. Probably should have just swapped in Sartana for Melendor and made a shorter fight of it.

Wizard emblems net another nice attack node for Sartana. Fighter emblems stored for either Elena or Magni - waiting to see if costume summons help make that decision. Trainer hero to Zulag.

4 Likes

Boldtusk +c.bonus+19 - Costume Caedmon +3 - Colen +20 - Costume Melendor +7 - Sumitomo +6

You never know when a hero has his time to shine. This time, the brightest of the stars was… Sumitomo :neutral_face: he’s so so so much underwhelming in every aspect of the game and yet Balthazar decided to suicide against him twice in a row :rofl: Melendor’s buff kept Sumi alive, Caedmon cleansed poison and def down. Annoying trial, since my other options are Kiril and C.Joon and then only 3*.

Emblems will go to BT#2 and Kiril#2.
Trainer to Miki.

3 Likes

I went with a different team than I usually do.
No items used. No deaths.

4 Likes

Completed with same team that I used last month -
Boldtusk, Magni, Onatel, Costume Joon and Jean-Francois.

3 Likes

BoldtuskCB - Magni - JoonC - Sartana - CaedmonC.

Easy victory.

4 Likes

Happy Cake Day @Silencio

2 Likes

Thanks in advance. :hugs: It’s still 6th here.

BT/colen/elena/proteus/proteus. Board was :poop: proteus2 quickly died, and no red tiles to charge BT. Used some health and mana.

Screenshot_20210106-173226

Trainer to fura.

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change…

Battle

Very nice start setup on boss wave.

2x Proteus keep bosses zero mana gain, no item used.

Reward

Fighter keep for Killhare node 19th. Wizard keep for later. Trainer keep for now, currently leveling Cyprian Costume which is no need trainer and he still not yet finish the skill on 4th tier lol… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Jeeez, I have no idea what I was doing or thinking. I lost my costumed Caedmon on wave 1 on Stage 3 haha.
I managed to easily beat the rest and the bosses but did use about 2 minor mana for proteus.

2 Likes

MY TEAM:

I wanted to make the trial more complicated, therefore I chose 4* heroes.

I just had to use one minor mana potion to activate Proteus. Maybe the defense of some heroes were low, but Kirill and c. Melendor protected the them really well.

Trainer will be for Jack, wizard emblems for lord Loki and the fighter ones will be saved.

Good luck. :wink:

4 Likes

Took this changed it up abit BT in for Kiril and fenir in for JF no items used.

Fighter Kingston wizard trainer storage :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes