🔵 [Jul 19, 2020] Trials of Nature Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Nature!

This is the Eighth of the Trials in the 16th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Nature

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Nature?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Nature?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Nature?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Nature?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Nature

• Trials of Nature has a few healer options — did you have any healers available for your team?

• Boss Brienne’s attack buff can be very dangerous, but Druids and Rangers feature several heroes who can dispel or overwrite the buff. Did you bring any heroes along to help deal with Brienne?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Nature occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Nature Discussions
4 Likes

Easy

7 Likes

Its maybe the easiest of the trials, at least to me.
No items used at all.

my team

Druid emblems to Vela
Ranger emblems i will keep for now.

7 Likes

Put in Gullinbursti to replace Melendor.
Took me a while to get them all to 200% HP, which I think it was needed to win. They kinda focused on Horghall, so he went down. I missed the extra dispel from Melendor.
Not sure if it was a godo trade off, but it was fun.

Holding the emblems for now, because I need the iron for the new building.

7 Likes

Swapped out Melendor +10 and Khagan for cRigard +20 and Lianna 4/76.

cRigard / Lianna / Triton +18 / Finley +10 / Caedmon +18

Easy throughout, though I did use 2 or three healing potions, one or two mana potions, one antidote. In retrospect, the three green team with Mel - Lianna - Caedmon might have been even better.

Trainer obviously going to Lianna. Rangers to Finley, Druids stored.

4 Likes

Top: Team last time
Bottom: Team this time

Gazelle made the whole trial a real quickie.

Boss Stage with Gazelle

Emblems saved, trainer as well.

5 Likes

A minor change in the team, replaced Alby with Rigard

Suddenly, after this, couldn’t just get the right tile matches and the battle went into scrambling for tiles here and there.

It was very closed to a defeat , only saved by Seshat minions. And I forgot to take the last pic

Trainer saved, Druids emblems to Zim and Rangers to Seshat.

10 Likes

After seeing all the negative comments on Noor, I stopped levelling her at 2/60 8/8. Decided to see if she could be any good here. An awesome minion party ensued between Buddy, Noor and Sesh! Was helped by a generous helping of red on the boards. Ended up using this team on all three levels. Lost Jack in level 3 boss level, but otherwise win was comfortable. A couple of tiny mana pots used to keep the minion shields going.

Trainer, emblems banked for now.

5 Likes

Team last time
20200719_201340
New team
Lianna up to +13, Kadilen fully leveled

Nice board to start

Shot down all 3 with the Bow

Emblems and trainer in the bank

6 Likes

cRigs, Freya, Lianna, Athena, Gullinbursti.

No sweat.

4 Likes

Completed with Costume Melendor, Red Hood, Costume Magni, Tiburtus and Kadilen

3 Likes

decided to give an all-vanilla team a try. Personal rule: can include costumes.

The following get benched: Lepus, Seshat, Gregorion, Jack O’Hare, Triton. Yikes. I’ve been extremely lucky with Rangers, I now realize.

And I don’t have costumed Rigard.

Who am I left with?

Caedmon to dispel Brienne,
Melendor to also dispel Brienne and be my only healer,
Tiburtus for defense debuff
Costumed Sonya to cleanse Horghall (now I’m picturing her giving Horghall a bath like one would a dog…)

last slot left between 3/70 Kadilen, Chao, and a bunch of 3*s. Kadilen gets called in as she can protect against the Chao/Horghall bosses, strengthen my green tiles, and is neutral color against all the bosses (whereas Chao would be weak against enemy Chao).

right. boss stage - Chao is the first target for his speed. He slashes Sonya and Melendor before I can kill him. Brienne goes down next, finally falling to a Tibs / Caedmon / Sonya combo. Kadilen’s shield goes up and helps against Horghall, and finally he too falls.

had to use 3 mana potions on emergency just before Horghall or Chao fired, to ensure Sonya (I didn’t bring antidotes!) and Mel (my only healer) would survive. But happy to see I made it with only vanillas.

Ranger emblems in the bank to bring Greg to +5, and Druid emblems undecided (if I ascend Kadilen, she’s gonna get some). Green trainer to dupe Hansel.

11 Likes

I forgot to take a screenshot of my team but you get bonus points if you recognise the 2 “hidden” heroes :wink:

No items used.

5 Likes

Lianna and Kadilen…?

20 chars

3 Likes

_20200719_150040

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change, only Seshat is now at optimum emblem 18, will give other emblems to either Tiburtus or Buddy.
Other Options
Screenshot at Jul 19 19-25-51

The Battle

Almost all charged, decent board, with some minions in them.

Buddy died, have try to revive him by Alby twice but no chance :man_shrugging:
Everything is handled good, and without items :+1:

Reward

Emblems Ranger for Tiburtus, Druid keep it maybe next for Caedmon-C.
Trainer goes to 2nd Brynhild.

11 Likes

Sent Vela to the bank and gave Lianna a chance this time going all ranger :grin::grin:

Fight was a walk in the park, took out Chao immediately, followed by the big guy in the right before focusing on Brienne in the end. No items needed.

Druid emblems to the bank as Vela has reached +20 with the PoV emblems already and I’m short on druids…Ranger emblems to Evelyn, trainer to Miki.

7 Likes

Decided to switch things up a bit this time.

Removed Lianna (+15) and Evelyn (+6) and put in Red Hood (+1) and Zimkitha (+1)… Just for something different.

Still made it thru without items… Did get a little hairy at the end as the board dried up but hey :stuck_out_tongue:

Team:

Fight:

Rewards:
No token. Trainer to Grevle. Emblems for Lepus & Evelyn.

10 Likes

My team this time:

• Noble Rigard +20
  • Melendor +c20
  • Vela +5
  • Caedmon +18
  • Buddy +19

Vela is up two talents, and somehow, I had a brain fart and forgot Tiburtus was eligible for this trial. I had him costumed and missed him. (SGG should maybe look at making this more obvious.) So instead, I brought along Melendor +c20. Not a big downgrade, except from a damage perspective.

With two healers, the mobs are not an issue. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and a green diamond on the board. Wanted to focus on Horghall to get rid of that annoying attack down, but the board decided we were going after Chao instead. Whatever. To only have one purple hero this time, Chao still seems extra vulnerable to purple tiles. Maybe it’s Rigard’s attack boost. Anyway, Chao went down first. Right before dying, Horghall got off his special, boosted by Brienne, and it still didn’t kill any of my heroes, so that should tell you what you need to know about this trial. Down goes Horghall, then Brienne. No items used. I don’t think of this as a particularly good trial for me, but the job gets done efficiently.

Holding all emblems as I try to collect iron for upgrades to the Hero Academy. They will go to Vela and Chao, eventually. Trainer hero to Horghall, my first green legendary in over a year and a half of playing, who I summoned during Sand Empire.

5 Likes