[Mar 17, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Nature Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Nature!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live earlier at 06:25 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in this older thread from the first time Trials of Nature occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Nature allows Druids and Rangers

• The bosses are Horghall, Lianna, Chao, and Brienne

• Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 3763 HP

This is one of the lower-HP sets of bosses, which makes carpet bombing/item nuking very practical if needed, particularly without a healer amongst them.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Nature:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Nature?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Nature?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Nature?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some healing and/or mana pots
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Brienne’s attack buff can be nasty, but Druids and Rangers are well-stockers with dispellers. Did you make use of any on your team?

• Druids and Rangers have several healers available. Did you bring any along?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

5 Likes

This is one of the hardest for me, in last second Tibs was at 1^01. And Khagan was without emblems.
Def and mana buffs save me (I love Khagan, he is awesome) and let Melendor heal many times.
Probably I will need a few healing potions and 3-4 axes

3 Likes

I had the same team as last time: Horghall(4/68), Lianna(+2), Chao, Caedmon(+1), Melendor(+4)
Horghall has gained a few levels since last time, Lianna, Ceadmon and Melendor got a few emblems, but it’s not a big difference to the first nature trial.
I downgraded the battle items, since I didn’t need much last time. Only uses a few small mana pots and some arrows, though I wished I had brought banners or antidotes along.

Emblems are going to Melendor and Lianna.

I’m currently raising Tiburtus(4/52) for next time to replace Chao.

2 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

NOTE TO SELF: Bring antidotes instead of Dragon Attacks next time.

What’s New

The big changes from last time are Evelyn and Triton hitting max, and Emblems on Evelyn and Melendor.

I also have some troop upgrades, and switched Evelyn to a Crit troop that I’ve come to prefer to the second mana troop, and am leveling more now.

The Log

So in my sleepy state, I didn’t think to bring antidotes for Horghall’s attack debuff, which made this battle a lot longer and more painful than needed.

With the lowered tile damage, I had to slog it out more, and ended up using my minor healing and mana pots, and 2 bombs.

That’s actually a lot worse than last time, when I managed the board better and used far fewer items:

Antidotes definitely would have saved me some trouble, as would having more deliberately avoided feeding Horghall.

I blame daylight savings and the hour later shift…next time I should just wait for the morning.

Still an easy battle, on the whole, just could have been even more straightforward with a little thought on my part.

And Melendor and Evelyn make Brienne’s attack buff essentially irrelevant, since it’s fairly easy to ensure at least one of them is ready to go when needed.

Shiny New Emblems

In an indication that I’m not checking Emblems as religiously now as when first released, I actually had enough on hand to unlock a node for Evelyn and Melendor that I hadn’t done yet.

So I took care of those:

After the Trials, I also have just enough Emblems for another node for Melendor:

However, having just done a tc19 burn of 750 trainings, I’m actually low on food for once — normally these days I throw it out nonstop.

So that last upgrade will have to wait a bit for food availability, but will be set soon enough.

7 Likes

This is the team I used to complete the last stage of the last trials of nature:

I replace Needler 3/40 (*2) with Gadeirus 3/60 but I forget to take the picture of the new team… Belith is the only dispeler, she and Gadeirus are the only healers I have for the trials. For the last stage, I only use 6x Healing Potions, 5x Bombs, and 4x Dragon Attacks, Axes remain unused. As you can see, I lack good Druids/Rangers, so the emblems will remain unused for now.

4 Likes

My team this time with a newly unused Red Hood. And what should I say. She and her foxes are golden. I ran out of axes and bombs cause of the event. But the foxes saved my team. Nice… Very nice!

Las time I used these guys!

Don’t mention the items in the pictures. I just rearranged the teams after the trials. I used arrows, unfortunately no bombs but Mana potions (big and small) and a healing potion.

2 Likes

Last time Melandor, Cademon and Tiburtus were at 3/60
Screenshot_20190317-204403_Empires

3 Likes

Since last time, Melendor has leveled considerably (he was 2/something, now he’s 4/60 or so), Triton has gained emblems (+5), as has Caedmon (+5). Melia remains 3/50. Berden remains 1/1.

I needed a couple of dragon attacks to get through level 2. I’ll probably try level 3 when my energy is back, simply because this is the only trial where I have somebody to use both sets of emblems on… But if I succeed, it will be through carpet-bombing.

EDIT: Carpet-bomb FTW. (Berden got one-shotted by a mob on the first phase… But since he was gone, I only ended up using one healing potion and no mana potions to get the rest through…)

3 Likes

Last time I was pretty low and didn’t have Melendor so I did not even try for 3rd stage.

This time I took:

Melendor 4.70 - Tiburtus 4.70 - Melia 3.50 + 16 (idk I like her) - Chao 4.70 - Triton 4.70

3rd stage completed this time but used almost all my items (regen scroll, bombs, small mana and health pots). Antidotes would be handy for that Horghall debuff. Perhaps would leave regen scroll and pray they don’t take Melendor down. That attack buff from Brienne is pretty nasty.

4 Likes

Went pretty smooth, didnt had the turtle banners [like in the pic below], had bombs instead, used 2 of them and 2 axe attacks, no healing or mana potions were used. Two Melendors tile damage wise are great and you can alternate the heals. I had Khagan at 3/70 before the trials were introduces, so couldnt be more happier, since i dont have other rangers. I have placed him between the two Melendors and that was making this really easy, charging their mana in a blink of an eye, thats what I call team synergy even with some ‘‘strange’’ heroes. Zim and Chao were already fast mana so i thought that was the best way to go. Everybody was full health at the end of the fight, im glad i’ve ascended a second Melendor [like 2 days ago lol]. Class wise, Chao was lvl 4, same was Melendor, raised them to 6 and 5 after i got the emblems.

5 Likes

By far the hardest for me but I beat all 3 with help from the Revive Scrolls and Miracle Scroll. Here’s my team and items.

4 Likes

Last time versus this time. I guess i neglected Tibs since then. Haha. I have totally ADD leveled purples in my roster. “Ooooh, shiny!” I thought I’d give Boss a try with this for the first 2 levels. Totally forgot i have Mel as a healer to use.

I think I just gave Triton one pot and then just didn’t heal Lianna or Boss after their damage got low.
I may do the 3rd stage. Most likely I’ll be able to beat it. I won’t bring Boss to the fight.
I guess the most notable change is my Zim is now maxed. I’d like to give her more emblems and finishing the 3rd stage will help me do that!

4 Likes

Team is the same as last time.
Buddy was tier 2 back then and tier 4 now.
Chao was 3/60 back then and 4/45 now.
All others are maxed.
This is the first trail I did not have to use any item at all to complete the trail.

Killed them left to right, Chao, Brienne and groot

5 Likes

Update!

I used my Melendor for the last level and beat it!
I was lazy and after i unleashed all my specials with the focus on Brienne, i just threw 5 axes and five bombs at them.
I had a good board after, so that helped.

It was actually pretty easy.

4 Likes

Same team, same results! Yes, @zephyr1 antidotes are required! I used two bombs, one dragon banner and two antidotes in the final stage. Went after Horghall, Chao, then Bri.

4 Likes

My team

3 Likes

I forgot to take a screenshot again, so text form it is:

Melendor 4-70+5
Tiburtus 4-70+5
Triton 3-33
Chao 3-60
Gobbler 3-60

I thought that I would need to carpet bomb the bosses with this pathetic team, so I brought axes, bombs, and dragons (and small mana).
To my surprise, this team actually worked well. I always had one dragon and bomb active, to constantly do some damage und reduce the bosses damage. Without items, I would have lost. But I only used 2 dragons and 2 bombs in the end iirc (and a few small mana potions), the rest was done by the heroes.

3 Likes

I used this team, and completed all three stages. (Only completed two stages last time.)

Items used: 10 Minor Mana, 3 Potent Healing (500hp), 4 arrows, 2 dragons

I actually ran out of axes, and realized that I haven’t researched that in my forges, heh heh… so I just brought what I had available. I wasn’t confident that I could complete the third stage with this team, but I did it with some breathing room.

And best of all, after completion, I got to bump Caedmon from +3 Talents to +5 instead! :smiley: I choose the DEF+ATK side of the second branch.

Good gaming!

4 Likes

Subject
Nature quest

Same heroes

Caedmon 4* 3.37
Melendor 4* 3.60 and 4*+5 ( 4* 3.60 is the only hero not stronger than last time )
Khagan 5* 1.28
Tiburtus 4* 4.51

Challenging stage

Khagan and Caedmon died.

Used 3x Antidotes, Attacks - 2x Dragon, 3x Bomb and zero 100% mana potions.

Mostly used Bombs to overwrite Brienne’s Berserker Fury.

Emblems

Melendor is now 4*+7. Waiting for Tiburtus to reach 4* 4.70 for Ranger emblems.

:green_heart::star::woman_mage:

:heartgreen::star::staff:[#00FF00] HAPPY St. Patrick’s Day !! :staff::star::heartgreen:

:woman_mage::star::green_heart:

4 Likes