🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Mysticism - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

Note: Per my announcement (Class Trials Forum Threads -- Future Change of Set-up & Format) this is now the Master Discussion Thread for the Trials of Mysticism.

This is the Third of the Trials in the cycle!

This class trial starts on a Wednesday at 07:00am UTC. It recurs every 35 days.

Next Start Date End Duration
2020-12-23T07:00:00Z 2020-12-24T07:00:00Z 24 Hours
Restricted Classes
Sorcerer & Wizard
image & image

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Mysticism Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Proteus, Hel & Onatel provide some amazing Mana Control options for this trial. Do you have any of them? Did you bring one, two or more along?

• Ulmer & Skittleskull bosses both debuff your whole team. How did you deal with that?

• There are a variety of Healers available in Wizard or Sorcerer classes; did you make use of one or more?
    Healer Options: Vivica (Cost), Lady of the Lake, Garnet, Guinevere, Sabina, Kiril (Reg & C), Shale, Melendor (Cost), Hawkmoon (cost), Belith (Cost), Grevle

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

Past Trials of Mysticism Discussion Threads

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Mysticism Discussions

Other Master Trials Discussion Threads

5 Likes

Thank you @Guvnor for posting.

This is my probably my favourite of the Trials. I’m after Sorcerer emblems the most to add to Vanda.

Once again I’ve forgotten on the day that another Trials is imminent. :joy:

3 Likes

I only started with 9 minor mana pots but used them all on the bosses.
After the initial diamond, I fired, the board totally dried up for all colours that I needed

6 Likes

Completed quite easily using same team as last Trials of Mysticism …
Costume Kiril, Proteus, Onatel, Jean-Francois and Sartana

8 Likes

Completed using

Garnet - Proteus- Proteus- Gandalf- Almur

Wizard emblems to JF, sorcerer to Garnet.

6 Likes

New to my team: Isarnia - costume bonus. Replaced Quintus with Isarnina.

One item used: small mana potion.

6 Likes

New to the team are Sartana 4/60 & C -Kiril

Battle went smoothly, significant impact from C- Kiril and Sartana beefed up the attack.

Trainer to Sartana, emblems stored for now but wizard"s will go to Kiril eventually.

8 Likes

The Queen stands tall, took this lost proteus early then Kiril then zeline then JF used one time stop.

Wizard to guin sorcerer in storage trainer merlin.

Just noticed had wrong troop on zeline oh well :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

First time I didn’t have to use any real battle items (beside small/mana pots), so I’m really making some progress and those trial quests show your progress the most (I feel like) :smiley:

Anyway, it was the SLOWEST quest ever, it felt like ages lol

But well, I guess you can’t expect anything else from that line up, just heal, def buff, heal again, def up again, tiles did like 20 dmg each :joy::joy:

11 Likes

My 4-hero team:

Purple was so generous in the last round that I didn’t need to use any mana potion. Proteus forever!

Trainer to Ametrine, wizard emblems to Sartana and the sorcerer ones will be saved.

9 Likes

Proteus + 18 / 2nd proteus 4/70 / kiril+18 / 2nd kiril in costume 4/70 / almur +18.

Very easy, no items needed, the bosses did not get to fire.

8 Likes

Easy one, Mana Control from Proteus and Guinivere. Enough firepower and healing with my 3:1:1 team even though it is the weak color. Didn’t use any items, had a good board, when the bosses showed up. Emblems stored for Guinivere (need 22 more for +15), and 690+ sorcerer emblems with nowhere to go. Trainer to Zulag.

6 Likes

That was easy…

Trainer to Neith.
Emblems in stock.

8 Likes

4 heroes challenge…

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Other option
2020-12-23_22-51-55

Battle

Decent board at boss wave, used 1x heal because of squishy Skittleskull at monster wave.

Double proteus keep boss never use the skill. Melendor.C def up and Skittleskull -att great synergy safety. But still used 2x more heal, so total 3x heal used.

Reward

Emblems and trainer keep in stock for now.

9 Likes

So as i promised myself after the last trial of Mysticism, i brought Skittleskull along in the team instead of Kiril, to work with a more efficient green stack. Went with:

Almur +14 - Sabina +11 - Skittleskull +c.bonus - Merlin +10 - C.Melendor +7

It was a completely different story. Way easier, even though i thought green combos would deal more damage (three different combos on Ulmer with greendefdown weren’t enough to kill him…). At least i managed to deal some damage :joy: Melendor’s def up and Skittle’s att down was a nice synergy too. When an evil cascade made all three bosses fire in sequence, they still couldn’t kill any of my heroes. Timing Merlin was the cherry on top, really saved the day a couple times.

Emblems are going most probably to Merlin, while sorcerer’s on Almur or Sabina to max them, before starting to toughen up Skittleskull.
Trainer went to the creepiest of them all, Buddy :rofl:

4 Likes

Team:

4x hero challenge

Result:

So I went into this thinking there is no way I lose any heroes. I got this. Garnet with the overheals and ailment protection plus Alfrike and Proteus shutting down the bosses. Piece of cake. Well, following my recent trend of terrible boards against the bosses and trying not to use any items, I lost Proteus due to the bosses exclusively targeting him with slash attacks. He doesn’t have any emblems. Ouch. I was so ticked off, I said screw it and used my items to destroy the bosses! :joy::rofl: Emblems saved, trainer hero to Mother North (4/67).

5 Likes

Just taking a look at your team, I thought: “Wow, no way he’s gonna lose anybody.” And then I see that Proteus is dead. WTF??? This is a big proof that when the game wants to kill someone, it really gets it.:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Posting very late for posterity. My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sartana +7
  • Shredder Kiril +20
  • Proteus +18
  • Wizard Melendor +20

Sartana is up one talent compared to last time. I have been hesitating on sorcerer emblems since taking Sartana to +7. Could take either Sartana or Onatel past the expensive 8th and 10th nodes, or wait to max Isarnia and give some to her. More on this dilemma at the end. Also, I had seriously considered a green-heavy lineup for this trial, but I had a really busy day due to Christmas concerns and needed this to be over quickly, so I stuck with my mana control monsters.

Since I’m writing this two days after the fact, I don’t have much to say about the fight, other than it went about like usual - Proteus and Onatel kept specials at bay, and the fight was never really in doubt. It’s a slog, without heavy stacking or heavy damage dealers outside Sartana, but it gets the job done.

Ultimately, I had amassed a ton of wizard emblems and decided they should be used, so I took Sartana up to +11 after this trial. Snipers gotta snipe, while Onatel is already pretty good at what she does (mana control). I also decided it wasn’t worth waiting on Isarnia. Planned to use sorcerer emblems on a three-star sorcerer, but was torn beween Gill-Ra and Jahangir, so I thought I’d hold them and see if I got Jahangir’s costume next month or not. Trainer hero goes to Zulag, who I gave the tabards last week, since her only competition was Obakan or Quintus, and I had 9 tabards in stock.

EPILOGUE: Since I didn’t get to post this until a couple of days later, let me tell you how my decisions turned out. I held off on giving Isarnia the scopes since I only have 7 (now 8, after today’s Frostmarch). I gave blue feeders to a brand-new Richard for a couple of days instead on the off chance that I might pull Krampus on Christmas Day… WHICH I DID! No scope regrets now, as I’ll take a quick detour to level my new Frosty, and then it’s time to max my new uber-tank. Also, I’m perfectly content to hold sorcerer emblems from now until maxing Krampus so I can make him even more tanky. No love for the three-star sorcerers now, and Ameonna will probably lose her emblems at that point, too. For once in my E&P life, I feel like a genius, but it was honestly coincidence and a HUGE amount of luck. Gonna be walking tall for a while after pulling Krampus, though.

4 Likes

Bit delayed in posting but this was the team I used:

Basically put it on Auto-Play and left it be.

2 Likes