🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Shadows - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

Note: Per my announcement (Class Trials Forum Threads -- Future Change of Set-up & Format) this is now the Master Discussion Thread for the Trials of Shadows.

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the cycle!

This class trial starts on a Wednesday at 07:00am UTC. It recurs every 35 days.

Next Start Date End Duration
2021-01-13T07:00:00Z 2021-01-14T07:00:00Z 24 Hours
Restricted Classes
Rogue & Sorcerer
image & image

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Shadows Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• There are a number of healer options available for this trial; did you bring any of them along?
    Healer Options: Puss in Boots, Lady of the Lake, Vivica (Cost), Garnet, Sabina, Kiril (cost), Brynhild, Kashhrek (cost), Hawkmoon (cost)

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: Related Threads

Past Trials of Shadows Discussion Threads

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Shadows Discussions

Other Master Trials Discussion Threads

7 Likes

Had a bunch of highly emblemed 4*

Went 3 green to take advantage of Almur, but the tiles dried up against the last bosses. Still managed to survive without any items. But that’s the last time for this lineup. cVivica will be back next time along with hopefully Krampus (pending 2 telescopes)

Blue trainer and sorcerer emblems to Krampy, Rogue emblems waiting for Domitia’s tabards

5 Likes

Tried a different team

5 Likes

It was all somewhat of a formality even without a healer.

Heroes fully charged for the final bosses with an excellent board ready to go! :grinning:

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Try Carol for trial this time,…
Other Option
2021-01-13_16-16-03

Battle

Decent start on boss wave.

Carol is fun to play, but I still not comfortable how efective to use her in this trial…
Kiril.C and Scarlett make opponent attack like noodle, but Opponent also have skittleskull and Scarlett, so… I use 1x Bear Banner, 1x bomb and 2x heal. Marjana dead… but finished.

Reward

Emblems both keep for now. Trainer keep it later for Glenda, she is still at 2nd tier.

8 Likes

Went all sorcerers

Smoked the Red rouge

And Hawkmoon survived :rofl:

Saving all loot
2nd Team

Used a couple of bombs half way through but managed it well

Saving all loot

7 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

This is the most difficult trial for me due to the lack of good sorcerers and rogues. My best heroes of each class, Thoth - Amun and Zocc, are in standby constantly, and Domitia and Marjana came to my team just a few weeks ago.

The last battle was unexpectedly easy. I had to use two time stops and some antidotes, but the constant attack down helped me a lot.

Trainer to Lord Loki and emblems, logically, will be saved.

8 Likes

Loot saved…

8 Likes

Completed with Domitia, Kiril, Krampus, G.Jackal and Li Xiu
Used Krampus this month rather than Quintus
And it worked ok

6 Likes

Team used; mixed it up a little with some different heroes.

Surprisingly easy for so few damage dealers involved.

Emblems to Sif and Lady Locke. Trainer to Costume Kadilen.

7 Likes

Unfortunately I’m failing at these stages

1 Like

Try to get through the monster levels and nuke the bosses to pieces with battle items.

It is the easiest of all trials to me. Not items needed.

Krampus attack boost is really noticiable. Its really helpful. And his minions are a minion festa

Garnet provides heal, SIF provides surivival and Almur and Francine some damage.

Benched:

Ursena, Li xiu, Scarlett, Mitsuko, Brynhild among others

Trainer for Krampus almost ready.

Sorcer Emblems for Garnet

Rogue emblems for Scarlett

8 Likes

Took this. Took almur out as last time is wasn’t that good if I recall, Bring in jackal 2.
Used 1 mana, 2 time stops 3-4 super green pot why not got a 100 of them. :+1:

Everything in storage :sunglasses:

6 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril +20
  • Skittleskull +18
  • Brynhild +19
  • Domitia +18
  • Marjana +6

Compared to last time, Marjana is up 3 talents. Really should have gone ahead and tried out my green-heavy lineup this morning, but I guess I’m just a creature of habit. :man_shrugging:

Nothing special about the mob waves. Had a few diamonds, but I wasn’t able to preserve them for the bosses, so I went in with a so-so board, but everyone charged. I was feeling especially patient today, I guess. I didn’t use any bear banners to reverse the bosses’ attack down; I just methodically worked my way left to right, killing Skittles, Domitia, and Scarlett in order. Never even looked at the right side of the board when working on Boss Skittles. Why? I have no idea. If not for a couple of small healing potions to get Kiril out of a pickle, this would have been the most boring fight ever. Again, neither rogue evaded, which was also nice.

Rogue emblems step up Marjana one talent. Sorcerer emblems saved for Krampus, who also gets the trainer hero. This fight will get even less interesting once I unleash that beast!

6 Likes

Almur +18 - Brynhild +7 - Skittle - Sabina +11 - Domitia +c.bonus+10

I was stubborn in not using items (antidotes) so the battle was quite long, but it was never difficult. No hero died, no hero risked to die. I focus on Skittle first because of her attack on all and dealt with her before she could fire, then took out Scarlett and Domitia. Gotta admit the board was by my side, had plenty of greens and thanks to Brynhild’s buff my green stack kept firing and firing-

I forgot i had emblemed Almur so much, now it’s Sabina’s turn. Rogue emblems maybe to Frosty :thinking:
Trainer to Malosi

5 Likes

Team:

Result:

This was about the easiest trial that I’ve ever completed. Garnet overheals and ailment blocks along with Sif riposte and damage reduction is almost like cheating. Final bosses had zero chance. Zero items used. Emblems saved, trainer hero to Skadi (3/61).

4 Likes

So here was the team:

My team for the 1st and 2nd stage was a lot stronger. I went ahead and changed it on a whim for the third stage to keep things interesting.

It had been a while since Skittle came along, but she has a costume bonus now and wanted to see if that difference was noticeable. Domitia is in because I am excited it is finally her turn for emblems. Sabina to heal.

After that I thought I would go yellow. I am still casually tinkering with c-Li Xiu to see if I can make her not feel awful. This time I paired her with Jackal to see if he noticeable amplified her damage, which is admittedly low.

Mobs were fine. Bosses were generally fine. I was winning through attrition as I had no real big hitters to speak of. Used a few minor items. I think if the bosses and a little more health and the fight wore on more it may he’s been more difficult. A few evades from Dom, but only 1-3. No big, unlike times she can’t be hit it seems :laughing:.

Everyone performed more or less as expected. The two I making special note of were:

Skittles - I think the costume bonus did make her more survivable. My biggest issue, beyond slow mana, was she seemed to require extra effort to keep alive. That wasn’t the case this time. Granted it matters how much she gets hit, but she did get hit what I would consider and average amount of times when calculating by gut. 3 slashes in a row would still be trouble though or something.

c-Li Xiu did better than expected, but the bar was pretty low. Her mana cut was more effective then previous times. This is largely due to having a lot of yellow tiles to recharge faster. Don’t get me wrong, the bosses all fired multiple times still. She probably made them fire 1-2 times less over the course of the fight. Her damage is noticeably better than non-costumed version at least against the mobs. Still not a “hitter” though by any stretch. Her special damage on bosses is laughable, but that’s not her purpose.

It was fun. Domitia went up 1 and so did Quintus (now +12). He is getting to be a real thumper when he hits :+1:

Good luck out there!

:beers:

6 Likes

Completed this time around with the following team. Trainer went to Zulag (I thought I would give her a try as my next purple project)

4 Likes