[Apr 17, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the 7th of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM TZ (07:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM TZ (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Fighters & Wizards Balthazar, Elena, Oberon, Ulmer Red/Fire & Purple/Dark

:sweat: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials is now harder:

We definitely saw that in action in Trials of Justice, Shadows, Strength, Mysticism, and Survival — but it was not so apparent in Trials of Fortitude, Serenity, and Piety, where the HP of the Final Bosses remained the same.

It’s possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 TBD TBD
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

If it is harder, the big question is: How much harder?

Trials of Decimation previously had 4051 HP per Final Boss, which made it one of the higher HP sets of Bosses, and the same as Trials of Mysticism.

Trials of Mysticism increased by 345 HP to 4396, making it the highest HP Bosses we’ve seen so far in the Trials.

Trials of Decimation increased almost as much, to 4339 HP — begging the question for me, at least, of why they didn’t just increase it to 4396 to keep it matched with Trials of Mysticism. Interestingly, the increase amount exactly matches Trials of Survival.

Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?

• YES! It was much harder
  • Yes, it was a little harder
  • Yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
  • No, I don’t think I noticed a difference
0 voters

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 19: Each Boss in Stage 3 had 4051 HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 4339 HP

Thanks to @Expired for the screenshot!

Trials of Decimation previously had 4051 HP per Final Boss.

That originally put it toward the higher end of the Trials. With the increase to 4339, carpet bombing/item nuking is still possible, but is more item-intensive than many of the Trials.

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

This was originally one of the strongest sets of Bosses, and may end up being tied for the strongest if the HP increases match Trials of Mysticism.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 239
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 339
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 839
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 1339
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1839
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 2339
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 1339
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1839
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 2339
:bomb: 5x 1500 2839
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2839
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 3339
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3839

:school_satchel: Additional Recommended Items

Stage(s) Item Explanation
2, 3 Antidotes Oberon in Stages 2 and 3 causes DoT, and Ulmer in Stage 3 causes a defense debuff, which can make Antidotes useful, particularly if you don’t have Wizard Kiril to at least overwrite the defense debuff.
All Mana Pots Because healer options are relatively plentiful for Trials of Decimation, healing pots may be less necessary. You may prefer mana as a safety net, in case you’re having trouble charging a healer at a key moment.

Be mindful that all forms of mana pots can be difficult to sustain production of with frequent usage.
1, 2 Time Stops Wizards and Fighters lack dispellers, which can make Elena’s Wall of Swords a bit more troublesome. If your team isn’t strong enough to weather that buff, Time Stops can be an effective — albeit resource expensive — approach to preventing Elena from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach. Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Decimation:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv has also been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

4 Likes

Easy. Same team as last time

1 Like

3 Likes

Kiril - Merlin - Magni - Sartana - Onatel

1 Like

Smashed the first one.
Valin has been replaced by Boldtusk, pulled him the other day, havent got far with him though. I dont think bombs and bombs arent gana help me in the last one

2 Likes

So close! I was expecting 4356. 4339 is interesting…

3 Likes

No changes from last team, was fairly easy for me took some time as the bosses HP has been raised (i think this is the second highest boss HP)
I used couple of antidotes to remove ulmers skill
I cant decide yet who will get the emblems but the trainer is going to Kunchen am taking my time leveling him after he reached the final ascend

PS: took me a while to find the photo upload button on my mobile it has been relocated, had to email the screenshot of the bosses to my self to upload it :rofl:

2 Likes

I have literally 0 wizards and 3 3* fighters… going to sit this one out :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for going through the effort! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are always welcome, I was kinda worried when you didnt create the topic yet, thought you might over slept or something, usually the topic is created ahead of trials release time
And i really like your topics and how detailed they are and really appreciate all the effort you do and the least i could do is fill the gaps you need as fast as possible

4 Likes

Thanks, and you’re welcome!

Yeah, I was running a bit behind schedule on this one because I was updating a chunk of the Springvale post with additional information. Normally I like to get them up ahead of time.

4 Likes

Will have to do with this team:
Kiril (4/70)
Sir dances a lot (4/70)
Elena (4/80 +4)
Boldtusk (4/70)
Sartana (3/70)

Have done the first 2 levels on autoplay.
In the second level Sir dance a lot and Sartana did not make it till the end.
Now waiting for WE recovery to do the final stage (not on autoplay :wink: ) and see if I can manage to snatch those blue pills at the end.

3 Likes

My team last time (though Hu tao was at 3/60 then) vs this time

Magni was nice vs Ulmer. I forgot to take mana along for Kiril, so an additional def buff was nice.
At the end only Kiril and Magni survived, but I didn’t need any damage items.
On a related note: It would be nice if you could adjust your team after clearing stages. I always forget the ideal items before the next trial

Second stage was hard too. I wasn’t paying attention so Elena triggered early. Then Elena & Oberon revived themself 3 times and I had to use some anidotes to clear poison.

Emblems are for Sartana and Boldtusk and trainer hero for Rigard (I have him now)

2 Likes

The Trial doesn’t feel any harder than before. Forgot to check the HP of the bosses but it is still beatable w/ a team of 4-star classic heroes. Take enough healers and just about anything is beatable w/ tile damage. This video jumps straight to the boss wave. I used 3 Kirils, Kashhrek and Hu Tao.

3 Likes

Kashrek is beastly in ofence

And my BT is at 11 now

My alt

First level done

4 Likes

Yes, absolutely!!! This is getting very easy :star_struck:

Colen 3/60 replacing maxed Ulmer. Hu Tao increased from 3/60 to 4/50.
This is the old team:

Used items: Healing Potion x4, Super Healing Potion x2, Mana Potion x5.
This is the result and the new team:

Boldtusk & Kashhrek.

I don’t have Kiril but I don’t need him as Proteus will not let Ulmer fire (he did fire near the end because I let him). Boldtusk is my strongest hero right now so it’s obvious that I will bring him.

Fighter emblems will be used to give Hu Tao a single node but the rest will go to Boldtusk. Wizzard emblems will go to Proteus or Kiril if I can acquire him.

Ameonna.

This is the first time I finish the last stage without using a single carpet bombing items. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

Awesome, congrats! :tada:

1 Like
  • Did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

Maybe? Bosses have are a bit tougher so needed to use some items to keep my healers alive. Last time around, my team was not strong enough and I had to carpet bomb the final level.

• Did your team change notably since last time?

The only significant change this time was 3/60 Kashrek making way for 3/65 Hel. Onatel was previously at 3/70 is now maxed.

• What items did you use, if any?

Just some medium healing pots to keep my healers alive. The bosses were a bit obstinate trying to kill my Kiril.

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

Yes, Kiril and Boldtusk. I also have Delilah on my bench, but she is taking a bit of a backseat from levelling with Jackal takes priority.

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

Yes. To be fair though, I was using them more for their heal. Ulmer and the rest of the bosses never fired once with the combination of Hel/ Proteus/ Onatel keeping them on permanent lockdown.

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

Boldtusk will be getting the fighter emblems, and good time too as this will buff his healing.
I am saving the Wizard Emblems for Onatel.

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

Hel is hungry.

[/quote]

3 Likes