🔵 [Sept 23, 2020] Trials of Decimation – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 18th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Decimation Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Decimation Discussions
4 Likes

Same team as the last time.

The board was great all through, no item used.
Loots stored for now.

6 Likes

i was very distracted with something else, and so I lost a Proteus lol.
I used:

2x Proteus / Boldtusk / Elena / Jean Francois

Throughout all 3 stages I had PLENTY of reds then the last wave + boss wave on the final stage I had none. I was given all yellow and purple.

3 Likes

Completed with same team that I used last month -
Boldtusk, Magni, Onatel, Costume Joon and Jean-Francois.
Just used one purple banner in the last round as a precaution

3 Likes

fini en utilisant que 2 dragons 1 hache

4 Likes

Should have been easy but a horrible bad board streak at boss level and tbh, I was distracted and not really paying attention, had me suddenly down to only Kiril and Alfrike with all bosses still standing, though wounded. But just those two were good enough to see me home, along with a couple of antidotes and mana pots.

Emblems banked. Trainer to Skittleskull. No reset emblem. Apparently we are no longer worthy of shiny red resets!

7 Likes

I think I have almost the perfect team for this trial:

Same team as last time.

Haven’t completed the trial yet, because I’m out of WE and don’t want to waste a flask, but I don’t expect any problems. I may have to use a mana pot to recharge Kiril if I get a bad board, but that’s it.

6 Likes

Did with Boldtusk-Lancelot-Proteus-Jean francois and Proteus.

No items used.

Wizard emblems i will keep for now but i may start embleming Kiril because my main proteus is full emblemed.

Figthers emblems stored for a future worthy fighter 5☆.

Trainer for third rigard.

By the way… again there is not reset token. Am i missing something?

6 Likes

The boss board was really bad, however, I managed to finish the trial with no items used. Had an entire arsenal ready, just in case.

Trainer to Sartana, emblems on bench.

6 Likes

Même plus que parfait

Even more than perfect

No c’est vrai de plus en plus rare

No it’s true more and more rare

Reminder @Ananouk that the official forum language is English. Sorry

This is the trial that I have most depth for.

Team used:

No mats needed. Have been wondering if I should rework to get my max Poseidon in the team, but I like the def down from Isarnia and the double blue with Fenrir is useful for elena.

Emblems for Poseidon and trainer hero for Sartana.

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Hu Tao out, Joon-C in…

Other Options…
2020-09-23_18-44-31

Battle

All mana charged and have a good start board at boss stage with diamond.

Clean without items…

Reward

Emblems,… wizard plan continue for 2nd Proteus to +19 and Kiril, yesterday I get Sartana-C, but I will stick to 4* now, because I also have 2x purple at +18, so no need to re-emblem, specially Wizard proteus. Fighter maybe for Killhare. Trainer keep later for Sartana, still need 2 more tabard.

8 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +13
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Wizard Melendor +20
  • Proteus +18

Decided to shake up the lineup slightly. Ulmer’s defense debuff is the only remotely inconvenient thing about this trial, so I swapped in Wizard Melendor for Boldtusk +c20. Red isn’t a strong color against anything in this fight, and I’d rather have a second counter to Ulmer than Boldy’s attack up, which I could get from Kiril anyway. And Melendor’s color is strong against Ulmer. Also, Poseidon is up three talents (fighter emblems from PoV and Wonderland; WOOT!)

Mob waves are a complete afterthought. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Also decided to focus Poseidon’s Pitchfork of Doom on Ulmer this time instead of trying to take out one of the wings, who are easier to hit with tiles. This also worked out great, as I got several yellow tiles, and between Proteus and Onatel, the wings weren’t a real threat to fire anyway. Took out Ulmer before he fired, and Oberon died from Proteus’ poison damage on the same turn. Balthazar did get one good shot in on Melendor before he died - even with def up, he put him in the red! - but he was just a few tiles from dying by then anyway, so no biggie. New lineup and strategy = success! :+1:

Emblems saved for Poseidon and Sartana, when I get enough for their next talents. Trainer hero to Quintus.

6 Likes

No picture today, but team was Proteus+7, Elena+5, Kiril+11, Lady Loki+3, Fenrir+4. (on the bench among others Guinivere+9, Hu Tao+3).

The board was funny today: a lot of green and yellow, so I had to protect Proteus with healing and give him some Mana, to silence the bosses. Balthasar fired once, doing no harm, as well as Ulmer, but he got a return from Lady Loki. Trainer goes to Sartana, now 4/74, Guin is +10 now, fighter-emblems in store for Lady Loki.

4 Likes

Took this used 1 health and a few mana

Screenshot_20200923-123311
Emblems guin and Kingston trainer mokar

5 Likes

Team last time/ Team this time

Left cJoon on the bench this time to try out Tyr in the trial and he did pretty good. I used one antidote to cleanse my team, other than that it was manageable.
Emblems saved for now, trainer to White Rabbit who is mid 3rd tier.

6 Likes

One of the easiest trials for me. Board was good, Proteus kept the bosses from firing (and Merlin as backup). BT+c-Mel is loads of heal+buff, while colen en proteus keep potent dots active.

Trainer to mokk, emblems banked.

5 Likes

My team this time.

Significant upgrade since last time I was using Ulmer in Isarnia’s place. She’s only 3/63 but still vastly superior to unemblemed Ulmer.

Had great boards and needed no items. Plenty of healing/buffing and the punch of buffed Isarnia/Colen is not to be trifled with. Add in Proteus locking down mana and poisoning and this was quite easy. First time I’ve thought the last stage of a Trial was “easy”, and only about the second time I’ve used no items (forget what other Trial it was).

5 Likes