[Jun 26, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 5th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 45 minutes earlier at 6:15:00 AM (06:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Decimation

Now that the Class Trials are on their 5th Cycle and seem to have reasonably stabilized, I’ve moved all of the guide information to a separate thread.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @CrimsonKing for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

2 Likes

Main:

Alt:

5 Likes

Your alt’s team is pretty similar to mine, except I have Hu Tao in place of Zeline.

3 Likes

Last time Boldtusk had 6 tokens
Kiril was 3/48
Swaped out Gator for Proteus

No items used woo!

7 Likes

Kiril - Onatel - Magni - Sartana - Hel

3 Likes

Used a dragon attack and a small mana potion.

3 Likes

I took the highest heros that qualified… My rainbow team…

Filling up mana seemed to take aaaagggeees - used axes & arrows on the last stage to lessen potential damage to my heros.

Onatel & Hel worked well once they could use their specials. Red and blues were at times scarce so used mini health so noone died (in hindsight a few too many) .

Trainer hero will go to Hel and emblems safe in my inventory for now.

7 Likes

beat the last stage pretty easily. I have Kiril, Proteus, Lance, Valen and Balthazar. The first 3 are all great 4s, and did the job even after my 3s died (though not without firing their specials off a couple of times!)

5 Likes

To me this is the easiest trial… went smoothly :blush:

I just alternate between Hel and Merlin keeping their specials active. Everything else works itself out.
Used a couple of healing potions along the way, but that was it.

6 Likes

Last time

This time

Mana lock down alternating between Hel and Proteus, this helped to eliminate the use of items.

Fighter emblems for BT, Wizard emblems and trainer will go to Hel.

7 Likes

Screenshot_20190626-065645

My team this time is the same as last time, albeit with a fully leveled Poseidon. I now have several more options, having leveled Lancelot and Merlin since last time; even Sumitomo, who is nearly finished. That said, I really like this lineup for this trial.

Screenshot_20190626-070502

I had a faster start on the opening board, and needed just a couple of minor heals to get through to the bosses. I arrived with everyone charged and ready to go.

I alternated Proteus and Onatel every two turns to keep them locked down. The boards weren’t great, so I had to burn some minor mana pots. Proteus took a normal attack which put him in the red, but I got heals off from Kiril and Delilah to get him back on his feet…or fins…or whatever. Poseidon kept hurling his trident Balthazar’s way until the wizard fell. I could hear Ulmer chuckling in the back.

Oberon was next to go down, as mighty Poseidon switched targets. (It was mostly the tiles, but I wouldn’t say that out loud.)

Lastly, Ulmer stood alone. He swallowed hard and accepted his fate. From offstage, Balthazar snickered.

Next time, I’ll drop the antidotes for mana pots, and I might actually use a bomb or two for the attack debuff.

The trainer will be saved for Seshat or some other 5* purple. The emblems will go to Delilah and my enormous pile of Wizard emblems.

8 Likes

Same team as last time just slightly upgraded.
No items used.

“Old” team was:

“New” team:

5 Likes

This trial is just terrible for me:

Valen / Balthazar / Rudolph / Boldtusk / Ulmer

I can’t draw 4* wizards or fighters for anything! Hoping for Proteus tomorrow…

Needless to say, I only did two levels.

5 Likes

Yet another Trials of Decimation without Boldtusk or Kiril on my roster. Finished the first two stages with:

• Poseidon 4^80
  • Onatel 3^70
  • Colen 3^1
  • Valen + 20
  • Balthazar 3^50

First action for my shiny, new Colen, who swapped in for Gato 3^50. Trying to decide whether to try the last stage. I’ve never attempted it before. With WE at a premium due to Sand Empire, I don’t want to make a fruitless attempt. I’d be willing to carpet bomb, as every fighter emblem is important now that Poseidon is maxed. I usually don’t attempt the final stage until I have at least four epics. Will max emblemed Valen and half-leveled Colen combined with king of my roster Poseidon be comparable? Should I switch out Balthazar for Gato, since the mobs are red? Any other suggestions?

4 Likes

I don’t think I would risk it with two three stars and a non-maxed 4-star in the roster.

2 Likes

If you have had a healer in that line up, it would have saved you the slot for healing potions, then you would have attempted it with 2 types of mana potions, carpet bombs and dragon attacks.

For sure the mobs HPs are quite high 1446 about as high as a 5s, may be difficult for those last 3 of your heroes. Not to mention the boss stage, although they are 3 s but 3*s on steroids!

3 Likes

I’ve been not the best about posting in these guys lately. Which is a shame. Sunday morning i was just too tired to post, then never got completely around to it.
So, i have so many good options for this trial!
Here is what i used last time. It was a struggle!

This is what i used for the first two levels.
Screenshot_20190626-004134_Empires
My BT wasn’t maxed last time around. At 3/60 his special was only 4/8! So, not very smart!
I decided to go for a double heal for the last level, even though with Magni, BT, Panther, Zeline and Onatel my total TP was over 4000.
Screenshot_20190626-044443_Empires

Only used 2 antidotes when Oberon went off. I wish all trials were this light on item usage.
Incidentally, i didn’t get the chance to share, but Sunday morning’s trials i used no items. Not sure if i can still add my notes on that post?

I’m currently working on force feeding Evelyn to max, (along with Viv to 3/70). Eve is getting all trainer heroes that drop currently and as soon as Viv gets to 3/70 she will get force fed everything to max. Evelyn will be my 8th maxed 5* hero. So, that 3* trainer was well recieved!
I’m holding onto my fighter emblems for now, but gave Onatel a second set with the emblems won today.
Screenshot_20190626-054517_Empires
She has two nodes and my Zeline has 3. I’m currently splitting the emblems between these two because they are both on my defense team.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice, folks. Unless I hear a compelling case otherwise, I’ll probably just hold off for now and use my WE on Sand Empire, which I’m pretty sure I will be able to beat. I can already finish the other fighter trial (Trials of Strength), because my barbarians are better than my fighters. Colen will be in better shape next time around. My only other four-star option for this trial is Hu Tao. Haven’t decided when/if to start leveling him. Just keeping my fingers crossed for BT and/or Kiril from my 2 TC 20s or my 7 EHTs that I plan to use for seasonal summons in July.

4 Likes

One of the easiest trials for my teams.
I could have run Poseidon - probably will next time.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings