🔵 [Jan 22, 2020] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 11th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 3 hours earlier at 4:00:00 AM (04:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Decimation

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

3 Likes

Already voted that I will beat all stages. :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Here is my team. I will beat decimation like I usually do. Will only use basic items, arrows, minor mana pots, minor healing potion, and bear banner

2 Likes

I will post this here ready.

This was the last team that I did manage to complete it with. If I remember, I lost Ulmer, but that is quite obvious. Since then, I have had some new Heroes that I can use, such as 3/60 Boldtusk, 3/60 Sumitomo, and another Proteus (3/60). I am sure I have one or two others too, each only at 3/60 though but I can definitely replace Ulmer.

I will post a screenshot of what heroes I have available in 1 hr and ask who you guys think I should take with me.

2 Likes

All max:

Panther, Proteus, Isarnia, Kiril, Sumitomo.

Pissed it, no items.

3 Likes

Trials of Guv - Decimation!!

Team Last Time

Click to see

Guvs Decimation History:

Team This Time

No change from last time. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

I will say, biggest issue is lack of time damage… Would like a second yellow in there…

Click for Other Options

Fighters:

• Elena - 4/80
  • Kingston - 3/70
  • Magni - 3/70
  • Sir Lancelot - 4/70
  • Boldtusk - 4/70
  • Colen - 3/60
  • Hu Tao - 3/60
  • Sargasso - 2/1

Wizards

• Costume Melendor - 4/70
  • Isarnia - 3/70
  • Merlin - 4/70
  • Kashhrek - 4/70
  • Victor - 3/25

The Battle

Autoplayed through stages 1 & 2 as normal

Final Stage Battle

The Rewards

6 Likes

Previous Team (plus Ulmer to the end):

New Team:

6 Likes

Same team as last team only a little stronger here and there.

Boldtusk-Sartana-Poseidon-Proteus-Kiril

Used a few small mana flasks and two arrows

Trainerhero will sit on the bench for now, let’s hope he is food for Künchen next Atlantis :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Team as last time. Proteus, Elena, Hu Tao, Kashrek and Kiril, all slightly emblembed.
All Specials ready to fire, when the bosses arrived. They could not get Mana, because Proteus said so. Hu Tao blinded them, and the few hits which came through went into reposte from Elena. Ulmer went first, followed by Balthsar who hit one shot and took out Kashrek. Used 2 dragon storms to save some time and 2 Mana Potions for Proteus, while Kiril kept everyone alive and strong. All emblems will be stacked and the trainer goes to Grimble.

5 Likes

Same team, nothing changed

The battle
Between Hel and Proteus, I tried to keep the bosses in mana stasis all round, but the board failed a couple of turns, allowing Ulmer and Oberon to unleash their specials, as a result, I used 1 minor antidote and 1 minor mana pot.

The bosses seem to pick interest in Proteus, eventually killed him with slashes.

The trainer will go to C. Tiburtus, and I guess Proteus needs to go up some nodes possibly to reduce being targeted, I hope., Fighter emblems banked.

6 Likes

Any stage with proteus allowed is an easy stage. nuff said.

6 Likes

Forgot team pics last time and this time, so here’s time before last lol.

Last time I swapped second Proteus for partially maxed Kingston, this time swapped for Kingston again (now maxed) and Hu Tao for partiality maxed Sartana.

Fight was a breeze, didn’t struggle at all. I used a couple mana pots on Proteus to keep everyone in check when purple tiles were scarce, but other than that it really seemed easy this time.

Oberon tried coming back from the grave but he already had poison attached, so went he with a whimper as fast as he returned.

Trainer went to Ariel, emblems saved for now.

5 Likes

I’m still working on the trial… but here’s my team.

Screenshot_20200122-001453_Empires

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

With two of Proteus, there’s never really anything to say about this one.

Shiny New Emblems

Merlin will go to +4, and Colen to +9 — but right now I’m crafting a bunch of stuff in preparation for the Challenge Event next month, so that’ll have to wait until tomorrow so I have Iron.

Forever Dapper

Rigard number 4’s Costume ate the Trainer Hero…and leveling Rigard for the 8th time is getting a little tedious.

8 Likes

Wow you have a lot of dupes, zeph… if it’s too tedious I don’t mind adopting a few of them :blush: :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

Same team as last time…
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-22 at 16.10.45

I still have 2 other Misandras and 2 other Proteus

5 Likes

Same team
Last time Guinevere was +6

Got the sniper first

Lost 11 and 14 but Gwen kept 6 and 7 alive

Emblems will end up going to Guinevere, trainer for the big bad Lion

6 Likes

This is my team. I only used a few items (one Tornado and two small mana potions). Proteus was always active so the bosses never charged.

6 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time will stay the same, it seems, I didn’t have any problems with this trial the last two times :slight_smile: never change a running system. They have some more talents - haha or less, see Kiril - that’s all

Trainer is stocked for Ursena then or I give him Sabina, when my patience runs out (she’s on her way to max, 4/26 now, and the next purple in the queue is Ursl^^).
Emblems…I have some more Boldies to max (3^^), so the fighter emblems are stocked. Wizard emblems will go to Proteus, I’m so jealous, my husband has him on +20 :smiley:

6 Likes