🔵 [Oct 28, 2020] Trials of Decimation – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 19th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Decimation Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Decimation Discussions
3 Likes

Reminder of the 4* Hero challenge: New Emblem Quest Challenge

5 Likes

Thanks @Guvnor for volunteering your time like this! :+1:

:beers:

2 Likes

I will mix this up slightly.

Jean Francois / Proteus +18 / Elena +7 / Boldtusk +19 / Proteus

On the bench I have:

Sartana +3
Kiril +12
Colen
Boldtusk (second max no emblems)
Fura
Magni 3/70
Hu Tao 3/60

1 Like

Nice job
The can give more ticken

Team last time

Team this time
4 healers, mmm and de emblemed Colen, mmm

Ok, a little red gem. Notice the full stop.

Um, yup bombs away, plus a revive :rofl:

Baby Azlar had the final say, and i like the timing of me screen shot, Ulmer on :fire:

May of been different with better tiles?
Saving all loot
@Muchacho, maybe one class next time? Or Mono, Girls only, Boys only team or must have same 3 heros as final round plus whom ever?? Heaps of things we could try

9 Likes

Thank God we have this forum. I was using the wrong team for this trial while I have a Boldtusk +20 talent grid :rofl: I’ve changed my team into: 2x Proteus / Boldtusk / Kiril / Melendor - C

It’ll be fun once I’ll have my 20 energy. :smiley:

6 Likes

Completed with same team that I used last month -
Boldtusk, Magni, Onatel, Costume Joon and Jean-Francois.
Just used one purple banner in the last round as a precaution

6 Likes

I have used this team. No items used. Proteus for the wing lol. #4☆challange

I will keep both emblems as well as the trainer

12 Likes

4* challenge. Guin Kingston jf out. Used a few mana sml and medium one time stop. Trying to do it with little items as possible.

Emblems guin and Kingston trainer gafa.

10 Likes

4* challenge, yay!

My plan:

Proty 1 / Proty 2 / Hu Tao (strong color vs. Obey AND Balthy) / Kiril / Caedmon costume

thought about bringing Kash in, then remembered the costume is NOT eligible. Never mind.

So these bosses hit HARD. Very hard. With my two Protys they never fired their specials, but for some reason their slash attacks HURT. A LOT. (now I know Ulmer and Balthy have high attack stats generally, but Oberon??? mine hits like a weak noodle.)

Even with Kiril’s defense buff on.

to be fair I was also doing this while in a call, so I was not exactly concentrating. but still. Hu died first, then Proty 1, then Kiril. When Kiril died I started to panic a little, dang, no more healer/defense buffer, this is bad.

Balthy died first. but Ulmer and Oberon would NOT die. had to use some mana potions and tornadoes to keep Proteus and Kiril going, and later on Proteus only once Kiril died. and eventually killed them off.

Obey was about too fire too so I used a Titanium Shield just in case… but Proty’s poison DoT and a tile match killed him off before that happened. Eh well. His Fighter Talent could have revived him so it’s not really a waste… right?

Wizard emblems bump Sartana up to +7. Fighter in the bank. Trainer to Fura.

11 Likes

4* challenge.

I thought I had a decent team. But this went down to the last man standing!

The team:

Benched: Kiril, C.Caed, Proteus2 3.70

Wanted to keep a 3-2 stack. Heroes look good. First time use for the recently maxed Fura but I’ve heard good things about her. Debated between BT/ Kiril and Colen/ rest of bench. In the end decided to go with the stack. BT and Proteus are both superstars by themselves. What could go wrong?

Well nothing till the last boss stage. An unlucky cascade again had me entering boss stage without specials but most mana bars were close to full and heroes at full health. Minor manaed and fired Proteus and started cleaning up the board to set up tiles. And kept cleaning it. And kept cleaning it. Tiles aren’t coming in. Manaed up Prot again. Still nothing on the board but … crap how hard are those slash attacks hitting me!!! Manaed up BT. Manaed up Proteus. Desperate search for combos. More mana up for BT and Proteus. Running low on mana now and switching to minor health pots. I’m controlling boss mana but they are just nuking me with slash attacks!! Wtf!! Merlin goes down first. Colen goes next. Manage to take down Ulmer. Fire and poison DOT are whittling down the heroes but the board is giving me nothing

Then it happens … Proteus dies on ONE evil slash attack. Omg I thought I HAD this trial! Fura goes on the next slash attack. I’m left with BT, 2 minor mana pots, a few minor health pots and antidotes. Bosses are low on hp but I have no hitter! Slow grind of miserly portioning out the potions and killing the bosses with tiles while keeping BT alive. Thank God I picked BT over Kiril because that little dwarf is just not beefy enough to take that many hits and still keep standing. Oberon whittled away and finally Balthy. Leaving me feeling extremely chastened about any hubris I might have felt about my team combo!

Emblems hoarded for Magni and Alfrike. Trainer to Jade. No reset. I need a long nap. :sweat:

11 Likes

@Circe

I feel your pain, that’s what went through my mind as well. “How can this trial be so hard???”

@Lexxtarc congrats on doing it with no items used! I honestly felt a bit bad at first considering how many items I used / heroes I lost, but seeing others here also had to use items (and lost heroes) made me feel a bit better about myself :stuck_out_tongue:

@Robkirky1 some nice suggestions for future challenges there! I invite you to post them on the main challenge thread, @Muchacho made a call for suggestions there

7 Likes

My team this time:

• Poseidon +16
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Boldtusk +c20
  • Proteus +18

Forgot to update my spreadsheet with my lineup from last time, so Boldtusk is back in for Wizard Melendor. Also, Poseidon is up 3 talents from last time.

Felt like a slog this time through. Really felt my lack of damage dealers. Got through the mobs fine, of course, but the bosses’ regular hits packed a lot of punch, and they picked on Proteus a lot. How can I bring two healers and still burn through nine healing potions? Focused on Oberon first to keep his DoT from firing, but of course, he fired right before he died, and that’s where I ended up using most of my potions. Reversed Ulmer’s debuff twice, so that wasn’t an issue. Proteus died, but the battle was in hand by then. Wondering if I should find a way to work in Magni or Sartana for this trial, just to kill the bosses faster. At least I think I’ll try to remember to go back to Wizard Melendor instead of Boldtusk next time around.

In a feat that I couldn’t replicate if I tried, both Poseidon and Sartana end up one emblem short of their next respective talents, so no movement with the emblems until MV or something smiles on me. Trainer hero goes to Zulag.

4 Likes

Pretty straightforward for me: Kingston +19 / Kiril +14 / Sartana +13 / Proteus / Elena. Could have used lots of others… Ended up using a couple of mana potions to charge Proteus/Kiril, otherwise nothing.

Sartana and Kingston for emblems, probably. Zulag for trainer. Haven’t decided if she gets tabards, though. I guess it depends on what I draw at Halloween.

1 Like

I did this easily with

Sartana / Boldtusk / Elena / Proteus / Jean Francois

Had to use 2x Minor Mana at the end just to top Proteus up so no boss would fire.

3 Likes

4* challenge…

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Let’s try with this team…
Other option:
2020-10-28_20-16-15

Battle

Decent start, Hu Tao died in monster wave… :sweat_smile:

Well, finished with 10 minor mana, 2 mana and 1 bomb,… that too much… :worried:
Maybe next time should use another heroes,… not so many yellow in this trial, except maybe 5* heroes :sweat_smile:

Reward

Emblems keep for now, trainer also keep later either for Onyx or Sartana-C, still need 1x Tabard.

11 Likes

My team was

Boldtusk +15
Hu Tao 4/70
Melendor C 4/70
Elena 3/70 and
Proteus +11

All went well. Proteus Elena and Hu Tao did very good.
Proteus did good on choking Mana flow. Even when Ulmer and Oberon fired, HuTao blind caused them to miss 4 of 5 targets. Even Balthazar missed his special on Elena, but he got Melendor C next time.

No attack battle items used, though I came fully prepared. Emblems and Trainer for Fenrir who is still at 1/20. Wizard emblems for Proteus.

20 WE here. There is Morlovia event. Low on recruits at the moment

4 Likes

4* only challenge
This challenge helped me make use of Fura. :+1: For bosses on the final stage, I used 17 small healing, two small mana, and one antidote.

My Regular Team:

Challenge Team:

Battle:

Result:

12 Likes