🔵 [Oct 9, 2019] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 8th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 3 hours earlier at 4:00:00 AM (04:00 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Decimation

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

2 Likes

I just looked to see who I have to do this and I only have the following that I can use:

Ulmer: Max +3 Emblem
Proteus: 3/60
Hu Tao: 3/60
Balthazar: Max +4 Emblem
Kiril: 3/60

(Including Troops, it’s 2,717 TP)

Not the worst team. Not sure I will be able to complete Stage 3 with these.
I do have 5 Bombs and I think I have managed to acquire 3 Dragon Attacks - so maybe it’s possible finally.

6 Likes

Have been trying out my +15Aife, but the game glitched and she died in the first round?!
I still got through thanks to her tile damage, but without her special I was forced to use some items

11 Likes

Kiril - Panther - Elena - Magni - Hel

7 Likes

I used my usual team. Not much items required because so many healers in the team. Unfortunately, Kiril died as I was not paying attention to his health bar. The fighter emblems went to Colen, and wizard emblem hoarded for Anzogh. Trainer hero saved. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just keep Proteus alive and bring some mana pots and you’ll be okay. Alternatively 5 each of axes, bombs and dragons will clear the bosses of every third level. You should actually have 2 spare axes for early stages if needs be.

May the RNG be with you, always

8 Likes

My team last time:

My team this time:

Oberon’s DoT almost destroyed my team but I still managed to finish without using any items. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to take antidotes next time.

The new emblems will go to Hel and Magni (when I get 2 telescopes).

9 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

As usual, double Proteus makes this easy.

Balthazar fired once when I miscounted turns, but missed anyway from Hu Tao’s Blind.

Ulmer fired once at the very end right before dying.

I used some Minor Healing during the pick-on-Proteus slash attacks, and 2 Minor Mana when neither Proteus was fully charged at one point. But this one really is extremely easy with this team.

Shiny New Emblems

Kiril and Hu Tao each stepped up once.

Sand-wich

Gafar ate the Trainer Hero, as I work to level up my last few non-duplicate heroes.

14 Likes

My team - same as before, Sartana has some more levels.

Uahh that was nasty. Went with the minor pots and arrows into the last stage…all went well, but then they sniped away Proteus, Sartana and Colen. Boldie and Kiril still fought as good as they could, but then all my items were empty, Kiril dead and this *** Oberon revived and killed Boldie. So I took the bitter pill and paid the bucks…

Trainer goes to Sartana, emblems…dunno yet. I think I should max Colen, when my 5* projects are done.

Okay, Proteus got his fourth and fifth node, Boldie went to node 7 now, still some left and Hu Tao got his fourth node (my maxed heroes go to their fourth, the better ones go further).

9 Likes

Frustrating, but congrats on making it through in the end. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My team

My aim was to not use items, alas at the final boss stage they all targeted Kiril, and I just couldn’t let my dwarf die. I only realised when I took a screenshot, that I had the wrong troops on him. :man_facepalming:.

Emblems safe in my inventory, trainer will go to Seshat who is keen to play her part in one of my war teams.

10 Likes

Same team
Last time BT was +16

A few purples to start with got Proteus up quick

Wasnt going that well

Revived they died again and had to finish with a couple of axes

10 Likes

Only did the first two stages on my main. Had Sumitomo, Ulmer, Hu Tao, Proteus, and Colen. Pretty much this is another trial that I breeze through aside from the strength trials. Didn’t really need to use any items.

Fighter emblems are going to Sumitomo, wizard emblems are going to our Lord and savior Proteus.

Alt, had BT, Muggy, Kashhrek, Oberon, and Balthazar. Muggy is almost max, Oberon and Balthazar aren’t leveled yet because I have been focusing on getting Jabbar and Sabina to 3-60.

Only did the first stage because majority of the team is underleveled. Fighter emblems are going to BT and wizard emblems are being saved for Ulmer as I finally got him on my alt so now I finally have a blue defense down hero!!

7 Likes

No holy - nuke em…

Bosses

8 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Merlin replaced with Panther, not so significant, Panther is only 3.36 and Merlin 3.60.
Kiril and Poseidon is maxed and +1 emblem.

The Battle

Great all mana charged and great board, no item used so far.

Panther died, didn’t noticed, but almost clear, so no problem, used 1 heal, 2 minor mana, 2 bomb. Easy with this teams, the key is BT, Kiril and Proteus.

Reward

Emblem keep inventory as I’m lack of food (for levelving heroes) and iron (already used for upgrade SH to 22). Trainer for Rigard.

Video Boss

8 Likes

It was a lot easier this time around with 2 Proteuses. Proteus will get the wizard emblems and my 4.70 Kage is getting the trainer. This made me realize how lacking I am with fighters. Hu Tao at 3.60 is my only usuable fighter. The only other 4+ fighter I have is a 2.10 Magni with over 300+ emblems available. They will either go to Magni when he gets leveled or Boldtusk if he ever shows up.

6 Likes

Last time:

This time. Forgot to take a screen cap, but not really a major difference compared to the last time:

I’m thinking I don’t need to bring the full nukes each time now, so next time I might just skip it. Just took my time, played carefully, and nobody died.

Out of metal due to advanced buildings, but had enough to take Kiril and Panther to the next node. Trainer and everything else for the near future went to my freshly pulled Kingston.

Ty for these threads again, zephyr!

9 Likes

Same team as before, with 2 more ranks on Delilah. I have more options for this trial, but decided that I was reasonably happy with this lineup.

• On the bench: Magni, Poseidon, Sumitomo, Lancelot, Boldtusk x2, Sartana, Merlin
  • Up and coming: Kingston (4.53), Hu Tao (4.4)

No issues getting to the bosses. I unloaded everyone, and was able to keep enough yellow and purple matches to keep everyone locked down. Oberon fell to Proteus’s DoT, Balt to Onatel, and lastly, Ulmer in a hail of tiles. No items used.

Trainer goes to Kingston, emblems to Onatel (10th rank) and Delilah.

7 Likes

My team:

Unlike all of you Proteus owners, some of us still have to do it the hard way!!

download
Used a few more items than I wanted to but sometimes you just gotta bump n grind your way through it. Thinking about making a super Boldtusk with all my emblems.

9 Likes