🔵 [Dec 02, 2020, 2020] Trials of Decimation – Guide, Sharing & Discussion!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 20th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Quest Guide

Credit: Mariamne’s Memento Guides

=> Click Here for the complete 🔵 Trials of Decimation Guide – Classes, Bosses, Items & Links

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Decimation Discussions
5 Likes

I have enough fighters to do an all fighter team! First time doing all same class I think. Revive-mania!

Good luck to all!

:beers:

3 Likes

I love this trial. Team, same as last time, aside from more emblems on Boldtusk and Elena.
My team:

UPDATE: Finished all three levels and didn’t even need a mana pot.

Fighter emblems will go to Boldtusk, Wizard emblems banked. Trainer hero goes to my 2nd Cyprian.

5 Likes

I managed the first two stages with

Grevle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Colen 3/60
Kiril
Fura 4/50
Valen

Good luck to all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not sure I made any post on the last trial, but the team this time : Boldie, Delilah, Hel, Magni and C Mel.

Trainer going to Sartana, wizard emblems to Proteus while Fighter emblems saved

4 Likes

Team last time

Team this time

Plenty of purple for Proteus(s)

Just slowly wore them out really

Wizard for Sartana
Fighter will help get Tyr closer to +20
Trainer for Magni when i get a scope

3 Likes

As @jinbatsu did in the last trial and @Muchacho proposed, I tried to do this trial just with 4 heroes and I was able to win.:partying_face::muscle:t4:

I have to say that I was lucky in the final round, but I had to use minor mana potion to activate Proteus skill.

Both emblems will be kept and trainer to Thoth-Amun.

4 Likes

Completed with same team that I used last month -
Boldtusk, Magni, Onatel, Costume Joon and Jean-Francois.
Just used one purple banner in the last round as a precaution

1 Like

Guin Kingston JF in BT sumitino colen out after 4* challenge. Soo much easier haha had nice flowing board just loads of combos plus rainbow so people was kinda always ready to fire.
No items used. :sunglasses:

Emblems guin and Kingston trainer rigard 2

3 Likes

I swear I hate the way this game is made on the hard stages / events. I mean, c’mon, the bosses hit the same hero over and over again like the team has only 1 or 2 heroes, not 5.

They kept hitting my Proteus over and over again while Boltusk / Kiril / Magni got hit only 3 or 4 times in total…

4 Likes

4 heroes challenge…

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Lets try with this…
Other option
2020-12-02_18-46-54

Battle

All mana charged, but not so good board setup…

With 2x Proteus, but without a good board.
So,… need some mana and 1x antidot,… one of Proteus died, but finished.

Reward

Emblems keep for later, Wizard maybe 2nd Kiril. Fighter too many options, keep for now.
Trainer goes to Onyx.

5 Likes

Very easy but I did change my team this time.
Today, I used

Sartana / Kingston / cMelendor / Proteus / Boldtusk

Not used that combination before but it worked really well. Defense up from cMel + Attack Down from Kingston meant no heroes lost their lives and no items used.

Fighter emblems are for Magni
Wizard went on JF

2 Likes

As 2nd proteus is leveled, and Elena is getting usable at 3/60ish, I went:
BT+18/Colen+7/Proteus+18/Elena/Proteus.

Actually had more problems getting through the mobs, as they kept hitting proteus2, and not enough reds to keep him in the green… Used 2 medium health. Boss-stage was incredibly easy; with 2 proteus they did not charge, and easily suicided on elena’s ripost.

emblems on the pile for the next round of embleming when I’m done leveling HA and storages to 10. Trainer to rigard2.

4 Likes

One of our players lost connection on the final level and lost 20 flags. I played at a different time than she did, and got the 3 rings flashing on the final level but never got disconnected.
I won’t report it as an actual issue unless more players start mentioning it.

1 Like

My team this time:

• Poseidon +18
  • Onatel +7
  • Kiril +c20
  • Wizard Melendor +20
  • Proteus +18

Correcting a mistake from last time, Wizard Melendor is back in for Boldtusk +c20. (Better heal, and a better counter for Ulmer.) Also, Poseidon is up two talents, where he’ll probably stay while my other fighters get a few emblems for a change. @Muchacho, I saw you said you were going to run an all-fighter team, and I just noticed that I could switch out Poseidon for Sartana +7 and run an all-wizard team. My wizards are boss. Maybe next time. :thinking:

Could I auto-play the first three mob waves of this trial and still be OK? Probably. Managed to finish off the fourth wave with all specials charged and a purple diamond on the board. That means I fired Proteus and was able to recharge him by the time his special wore off, so for the first six turns, no bosses gained any mana, and by that time, Oberon and Ulmer were both at one-quarter health or lower. Onatel and Proteus continued to alternate mana control for the rest of the match. Oberon fell first, albeit with an obligatory revive. Ulmer went down next, and then we went full-force after Balthazar. No bosses fired, which hasn’t happened to me in a long time. Mana control is just stupid powerful.

Trainer hero to Zulag. That was the easy part. Not enough wizard emblems for Sartana or Onatel to gain another node, as both are at +7, so the next node is 125 emblems. Which of them gets that node? Or do I just hold all of my wizard emblems for the next month or more until Isarnia can take some? Similarly, with fighter emblems, I was pretty much decided on giving them to Elena, since she’s currently the third member of my red stack, but depending on how my summoning in the next month or two goes, I could end up with costume Gormek, Reuben, Santa, or some other desirable third option, making Elena less critical and making Magni look like a more attractive choice. So I guess I’ll hold onto those for a while, too.

3 Likes

I beat it with this all fighter team:

Here is my wizard bench:

After Kiril and c-Melendor my wizards are not great. Getting Kashhrek’s costume would be nice.

I didn’t use items in the mob waves but they were a bit tougher than I thought they’d be. I made it to the boss stage with BT’s effect in play as a carryover versus being ready. Close enough I guess.

For whatever reason the bosses absolutely hated Hu Tao. Almost everything went his way and, even though blinded, nothing missed. AI really wanted a :skull_and_crossbones: :panda_face:. Hu Tao’s revive did not work, but he is only +1 so it’s never really expected.

A little odd side note, not a single enemy boss on any stage revived this time. Everyone just died. Bad day to be a fighter I guess :man_shrugging:. I was figuring on Colen’s :fire: to address revivers anyway.

I did have to use all types of the pots I brought. I brought no offensive battle items. After AI aggressively killed Hu Tao the attacks were much more even. I had zero mana control so the bosses all got to fire multiple times. Between Magni D boost and BT heal I could manage. A couple heroes got to red but I could bounce them back. I was slowly being whittled down, but the enemies were whittled down faster :+1:. Oberon died first, Balthazar second, Ulmer last.

Fighter emblems go towards Magni’s next node, but I was still short. Wizard emblems to the bank as I literally have no wizards to emblem. If I get Kashhrek’s costume I will load him up I guess. All my other are already maxed.

It was cool doing single class. It was almost rainbow too. No purple 4 or 5* fighter for me though yet.

Congrats to @jinbatsu and @Silencio for the 4 heroes, you guys are awesome! Maybe one of these trials I will be brave enough :laughing:

:beers:

5 Likes

Finally getting enough high level heroes, 5 stars and highly-emblemed 4*, to finish Trials without a huge expenditure of items. Used only 1 heal pot and 1 bomb and probably didn’t need either… Didn’t need to charge Prot a 2nd time.

CJoon+8 (just finished costume yesterday, he’s a huge help as fighter in Trials)
Isarnia+0
Hu Tao +4
Kiril +11
Proteus +19

Other fighters: Lady Loki +9, BT +19, Lancelot +4
Other Wizards: JF +4, Sartana +4, Proteus2 +0, Merlin+0

3 Likes

That was a nice match, next time I hope to have a full rainbowset. Then I will bench Proteus, who makes it too easy. Emblems to Kirill now finished and kept for Lady Loki. Trainer for Zulag.

4 Likes

Kept on the bench C.Joon and Merlin to build some sort of stack.
Sumitomo +6ish - C.Melendor+7 - Colen +20 - C.Caedmon +3 - BT +costume+19

It wasn’t very effective. Melendor died after the first strike, so i had to use a couple health and mana potions. By the time it was over, Caedmon Colen and Sumitomo were almost gone either. One more turn and it would have been game over for me. I’ll probably change something next time, even though i doubt i’ll have someone else other than these heroes.

Emblem in store for now, wizard’s are probably all going to Grevle though. I just maxed him, testing him in Santa’s challenge and loving him. He’ll help a lot in Avalon.
Trainer to 2nd Rigard. Didn’t want to waste him on Skittleskull, my current project.

3 Likes