🔵 [May 06, 2020] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

This is the Seventh of the Trials in the 14th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Decimation

Reset Token Tracking

=> Class Emblem Trial Quests - Chance for Reset Emblem - May 06 / 07 - NO

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Decimation?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Decimation

• Trials of Decimation has some good healer options — did you bring any healers?

• Fighter Boldtusk and Wizard Kiril are hugely helpful for their mix of buffs and healing. Kiril is particularly helpful as a counter to Boss Ulmer’s defense debuff. Do you have either, and did you bring them?

• The Wizard Class has several excellent mana controllers with Proteus, Merlin, Onatel, Hel, and Guinevere. They can be an excellent approach to preventing the Bosses from firing in the first place. Do you have any of these heroes, and did you bring any of them along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Decimation occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Decimation Discussions
3 Likes

Well, I already know the team I will be using for this:

Team Power: 3,746
Bold Tusk (+18) / Proteus (+18) / Kiril (+9) / Proteus / Colen (+12)

6 Likes

Choices choices, Hel, Sartana, isarnia, magni and may as well finish the blue stack with Kiril. Subs in the bench will be proteus, elena, Boldtusk in case I decide to switch it up

5 Likes

Boldtusk +12 / colen +7 / melendor© +9 / kiril +4 / merlin +10 for 3679 TP
could change colen for hu tao for rainbow, or sub mel/kiril for sumitomo for red stack.

proteus will probably join the next cycle, he joined last weekend and is yet to be leveled.

Update:

4 Likes

Used 3 bombs to get rid of the last mob wave, cause my board was about to collapse.

Icy Isa got a node to +4.
Claris got the trainer.
Alfrike got dedicated.
Clip got cool music.

9 Likes

Thinking about trying this one next time without my usual top 5 heroes.

I decimated them with Boltusk - Isarnia - Kashhrek - Delilah - Proteus as usual. This has been my team since I got Isarnia finished.

Might go with the B team of Boldtusk#2 -Kiril - Sartana - Magni - Hu Tao next time just to see if that works.

4 Likes

DECIMATION TIME!

Used to do Double Proteus on this, but dropped one in favor of the blitz-em-all approach:

1. 1 Proteus because, duh. You shall not charge!
  2. Kiril also because duh, my main healer + buffer,
  3. Isarnia (who will get Scopes next month if I don’t pull a more intriguing Blue 5* in May) to soften up the bosses
  4. Elena to punish silly Ulmer and Oberon for AOEing against me (and she’s almost maxed, she’s gonna earn her own emblems, thank you very much!)
  5. Costumed Joon for the blind and hard-hitting sniping

Note: I would have dropped un-ascended Isarnia and brought Proteus 2, if Elena had been a boss in the final stage, because I don’t have a dispeller and that riposte is ouchy. Ulmer, Balthy and Oberon are more forgiving.

Used 2x mana potions, one on Proty and one on Kiril (Isarnia was about to die). Balthy went down first to a couple of Joon snipes. Ulmer suicided by slash attack on Elena. Oberon brought himself down to 100 health by killing Isarnia, and Joon finished him off!

Alas, forgot to screenshot again as I was rushing this before starting work.

This was FUN. Definitely one of the Trials I look forward to the most.

Fighter emblems to Elena of course. Wizard emblems being saved up for Isarnia (Proty 1 is +19, Proty 2 +6 and Kiril +11). Purple trainer in the bank.

Also, before I ascended Elena, I only had Cyprian maxed with Boril parked at 3/60. Now I realize how fun riposte is (and useful for farming annoying world map stages repeatedly…) Boril might get capes from me soon for war depth.

6 Likes

Again an easy one to be honest. Used this team

Only change was Fenrir for Kiril. No items used, it was fun and looking forward to Sunday.

Emblems are for Poseidon and not sure yet :slight_smile:

Trainer hero is for Cheshire Cat who is sitting on the bench for ages. So decided to level that Cat.

5 Likes

Same team
Last time Isarnia was +5

Managed to form a diamond before these guys

Then it blew them to bits

I think Ulmer fired

Bit he really did bugger all this time, i kinda smashed em to bits, thanks to the board gods

Emblems to Guin or Ice Witch???

6 Likes

Finished, first time without nuking :slight_smile: Valen and Rudolph had troubles surviving but costumed Melendor, maxed and emblemed Onatel and Kirill performed greatly. Overall TP was about 3200-3300.

6 Likes

I’d probably give them to Issy, specifically following her costume path :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kingston +7 / Jean-François / Sartana +10 / Kiril +10 / Elena

J-F replaced Merlin, and made the whole trials that much easier. I used one or two healing potions, but just annihilated the bosses without any thought of using some sort of damage items.

Proteus took the trainer. J-F will get some emblems. Kingston too.

5 Likes

Team this time

Changes made, pulled out Boldie for Magni, previous team - too many healers no fire power, now reshuffled the team a bit, putting Magni between the glass mana controllers to take advantage of his faster def buff.

The battle

At some turns when the board didn’t show enough purple matches, 2 minor mana pots were used to maintain the mana stasis on the bosses.

Hel should get some emblems, the fighter saved, trainer to C Rig 2.

7 Likes

I changed my team slightly. Took Kiril out and ascending Fenrir in. Therefore I needed a healer, decided for Guinevere over Boldtusk and kept Proteus with healing potion alive. Proteus kept the bosses from Mana and the rainbow worked. Fenrir is a real Killer, he bit great chunks out of the bosses’ flesh. At the end,I was in the position to make an evil choice, slow death by poison or a finishing byte. Emblems stored for Guinevere and Fenrir. Trainer to Grimble whom I ascended to 4/1, because of those annoying Telluria-Tanks and the draining of those minions.

6 Likes

I let one of my Proteus’ die somehow, I simply wasn’t paying attention.
But also, in my defence, my phone is broken and has a black bar at the bottom, I can’t see attack boosts or health of my heroes, so I have to constantly hold the hero name to see so I mostly go by gut instinct on knowing how much damage I have taken, or think I have

No items used but other than that Proteus dying it was simple.

4 Likes

Trials by Guv - Decimation

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Decimation by Guv

Guvs Decimation History:

Team This Time

New Setup worked pretty well. May as well keep going with it; only change being that Onatel & Panther now have some emblems.

Other Options
Note - Elena is UNCOSTUMED option; Melendor is COSTUMED option.

Click for AMAZING hero roster & planning tool (used to show options)

Made by @GDIBass
Quick Link: Home | HeroPlan.io

Forum Thread Link:
Tool for tracking your profile's progress and sharing it with other people (for feedback or advice)

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

Final Battle - Trials of Decimation 6th May
E-Z-P-Z! No issues at all with this trials. Boldy isn’t a great healer but hey… It worked lol.

Rewards

• Reset Token = NO
  • Fighter Emblems = 83, saving for Killhare when she’s maxed.
  • Wizard Emblems = 469 in the bank in total now
  • Trainer = Fed to Bjorn (now 2-31)

6 Likes

Kiril 18 - Colen 18 - Proteus 18 - Anzogh 7 - Magni 6

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Delilah max and emblemed, 2nd Proteus is +9 now.

Other options

Screenshot at May 06 20-09-23

The Battle

Great start…

Double Proteus means opponent never gain mana, although I leave Ulmer gain and cast his special in the end, used 4 minor mana.

Reward

Emblems wizard for 2nd Proteus and Fighter keep in stock.
Trainer keep in inventory as my purple project is only 2nd C Rigard (lvl 4.41 with only 4/8 skill :sweat_smile:).

6 Likes

finished with BT 3/60,isarnia 2/39,proteus 4/31,kiril 3/1 , c melendor 4/70.

Took some time considering not yellow in team,used some small mana pots only

3 Likes

Cookie Settings