[Mar 24, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Justice Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Justice!

This is the last of the Trials in the 2nd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live 1 hour earlier at 06:00 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage is now harder:

The big question is:

How much harder?

Trials of Justice previously had 3763 HP per Final Boss, and as of Version 20 now has 4051 HP per Final Boss.

We don’t know, however, whether there are corresponding changes in the Defense and/or Attack stats.

Did you notice any change in difficulty for the Final Stage?

• I have Version 20, and YES! It was much harder
  • I have Version 20, and yes, it was a little harder
  • I have Version 20, and yes…I think…maybe it was a little harder? Didn’t really seem any different.
  • I have Version 20, and no, I don’t think I noticed a difference
  • I don’t have Version 20 yet, but I think it seemed harder
  • No, I don’t have Version 20 yet
0 voters

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in this older thread from the first time Trials of Justice occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Justice allows Paladins and Monks

• The bosses are Richard, Friar Tuck, Joon, and Justice

• Monsters are red/fire and purple/dark

Final Boss HP

Version 19: Each boss in Stage 3 has 3763 HP

Version 20: Each boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP.

Thanks @madmarv for a screenshot of the Final Boss HP:

Trials of Justice was originally one of the lower-HP sets of bosses, which generally makes carpet bombing/item nuking very practical if needed, particularly without a healer amongst them.

The increase of 288 HP in Version 20 should not radically alter your ability to bomb your way through the Final Bosses if needed, though it may require playing through a few more turns to wait for Dragon Attack DoT and/or do additional tile damage.

Guides

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

NOTE: @madmarv is planning to create new video guides for the updated Class Trial difficulty as of the V20 release.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Justice?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Justice?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Justice?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some healing and/or mana pots
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Presuming you have Version 20, did you notice any change in difficulty from last time?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Monks and Paladins have some healer options…but only amongst HOTM and Season 2 Legendary heroes (other than Friar Tuck). Do you have any of those ultra-rare heroes for Trials of Justice? If not, did you find these Trials harder without healer options?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

4 Likes

Last time I use Cyprian but now my yellows and Wilbur should won easy, who need paladins?

4 Likes

No difference in difficulty as far as I could see. HP of the bosses 4051

3 Likes

This is actually one of the better trials for me, despite the lack of a traditional healer. Ares, Tarlak, Wilbur and GF form something of a dream team of damage and surviveability, and Leo’s mana cut and heal blend in nicely.

4 Likes

That’s really interesting, since that’s more of an increase than @Dwimmerlaik observed on Trials of Shadows.

1 Like

I just saw the thread of asking for a screenshot of the final boss literally less than a minute of wining the final stage, i will see if member of the alliance can share it with me so i can post it here if still no screenshot
The final bosses took longer time to kill but wasnt much harder maybe the board wasnt in my favour this time but 3 of my heroes died this time
But loved the addition of 3* training hero i was afraid it was gonna be a 2*

1 Like

I failed to beat them with a 4-star classic hero team (TP 3400-ish) but it was very close. It might be doable. FYI the bosses used to have 3763 HP and now they have 4051. I’ll try it again with a 5-star team when my flags replenish.

Here’s a screen shot of the bosses HP.

2 Likes

My team last time:

My new team:

I have the new Version, so no problem keeping my team alive with Aegir. I think it’s my best team now. Before that it was my trial of strenght team (babs-fighter). If the new version is harder I have not noticed since my team has grown even more.
QoH took care of all the blind and atk down, so no need for antidotes. At one point Justice fired while I had no minion, but the bosses were almost down at that point anyway.

Emblems go to Wilbur and QoH. i won’t reallocate Sonyas emblems, but she won’t be getting any new either.

2 Likes

I always messed up at this trials, the first time I mistook my 1/30 Bane for my 3/50 Bane so he die early. This time I forget to bring axes, I bring arrows instead… but considering that both times I finish the last stage, I guess I can save my axes which are getting scarce.

• I don’ feel any difference, in fact I feel a lot easier, probably it’s because Sonya have been leveled and I bring the correct Bane this time.

• Sonya is at 4/50 instead of 3/60 and I already sacrifice the 1/30 Bane so this time I correctly bring the maxed one.

• 10 healing potions, 5 arrows, 4 bombs, 2 dragon attacks.

• I don’t even have any 5* hero so Friar Tuck it is…

• As of now, it remain as collections…

3 Likes

Emblems for Joon :relaxed:
It was harder than last time but Wu-kong is Wu-kong

2 Likes

Now waiting for a refill of we.

First two easypeasy…

3 Likes

Maybe a little harder this time, not really sure. I used some minor mana and healing pots and a single revive scroll to bring back Wu Kong.

3 Likes

Aeron + Aegir life insurance was fantastic. Completing trials was childs play. Aegir really keeps everyone alive.

3 Likes

Arthur Perseus 3.70
Aeron Joon 4.80
Aegir 4.78

3 Likes

Same team as last time, but with Tarlak and Ares a little further along on their talent grids. I don’t think it seemed any tougher since the update, but it’s hard to say, because this round of trials might be the easiest of them all for me.

3 Likes

Happy with those, Aegir-san! :grinning:

3 Likes

Tougher for me.
Defeat on first try :see_no_evil:
But without using items.

Next try the magic carpet will help. It’s a flying one with ground attack :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

My team last time

My team this time

Last time I commented that Leonidas proved pretty useless, due to a difficult board that never ended up charging him during my whole boss battle.

I had considered bringing 4-70 Sonya after last time instead, figuring at least with Fast mana she might charge once or twice. But with no purpose to her dispel and a relatively soft single target hit, I opted instead this time for Wu Kong to amplify my 3-stack of red.

Even if he can’t charge frequently in the boss battle, he can assist with the monsters along the way.

Other than the swap to Wu Kong, there’s little changed on my team from last time, since my second Guardian Falcon hasn’t yet become a leveling priority (he’s next in line now after Gormek, though!).

Wilbur has gone from +5 last time to +9 this time, and I’ve upgraded my 3* fire and holy troops a bit, as I head into month 9 of waiting for 4* troops in those colors.

The Battle – The First Time #fail :man_facepalming:

The first two stages were easy, and I didn’t need any items.

For the last stage, as I did last time, I used up all my minor healing by fairly early into the boss battle.

Despite that, things were going fairly well at first.

I used a single bomb early on to debuff the bosses’ attack, and used a mix of Wilbur and the two Falcons to wear down the bosses.

Cyprian also helped contribute some damage back from slash attacks, though I don’t think targeting for specials had ended up making him very relevant for big damage.

Joon had fired once while Wilbur was active, which wasn’t too bad. Richard had fired once too, and an antidote to clear the debuff was mostly sufficient.

Things started getting messier when slash attacks took out the 3-60 Falcon, and then Richard fired again and took out Wu.

Now, in retrospect, I should have just nuked at that point, at least enough to take out Joon and Richard. Even Justice was about halfway dead at that point.

But despite ample stock of Bombs and Dragon Attacks at the moment, I tend to be very stingy in using them.

So I pressed onward with Wilbur, 4-70 Falcon, and Cyprian, figuring I’d wear them down more at least.

A turn or two later, I got a big cascade at random from tile refills, and it managed to charge up all three bosses.

Joon fired and killed Cyprian, Richard fired and damaged Wilbur and Falcon, and Justice fired and killed them off.

This is the first Defeat I recall in a Class Trial…there may have been another one somewhere along the way, but I don’t remember it.

The Battle – The Second Time :tada:

Like my item stinginess, I’m normally quite stingy with WE Flasks, despite having 50 in stock. But I’m also stubborn, so I decided to burn one to try again without waiting for WE to regenerate.

This time around went much like the last two times (5 weeks ago, and right before this), running out of minor healing, wearing the bosses down a ways, and taking some hits and losses.

I used a bomb early on for the attack debuff, and one antidote after Justice fired.

Unlike last time, when I got the bosses worn down enough, I just went full nuclear, with 5 Dragon Attacks, and the remaining 4 Bombs. Having worn them down, that was enough to finish them off before dying.

As with the last two times, I came pretty precipitously close to dying. I probably should have started nuking even a bit earlier, and spread out the Dragon Attack DoT to take advantage of it while wearing them down.

This is definitely one of the hardest Trials for me with my current team options. And with my current leveling priorities, and lack of any of the Monk or Paladin healers, that probably won’t get much better before next time.

Was It Harder? :thinking:

I’m not sure.

This is already one of the harder Trials for me (maybe even the hardest at this point) due to a lack of healers, and an unmaxed team. Despite failing on my first shot, I could have easily succeeded the first time around with more aggressive item usage, or without that cascade when it hit.

And last time around I had a similar battle, I just happened to not get a random cascade and die:

So on the whole, I’m not sure that the increase in difficulty has much practical impact on my approach to the final stage.

It seems like each time I’ve run through this, I get close to dying and need to go heavy on items.

Shiny new emblems

At +9, Wilbur’s next node is 40 emblems, so even the addition of 18 to the pool means no upgrade for him now.

As for the Paladin emblems, those join my pile for the fantasy Frida that I swear is waiting for me on my next Summons…or the next one…or the next one…or the…

(Yes, I have read this thread repeatedly this month, along with using a binomial probably calculator to manage my expectations and stick to my moderate budget for summoning.)

Barring great luck, when I eventually abandon all hope on that front, Guardian Falcon is probably getting the emblems. I actually use Sonya more often, but my priority has long been titan teams, so Falcon is an obvious choice.

6 Likes

Nice report, thx :slightly_smiling_face:

It absolutely felt similar to me.
No matter who no matter what, the bosses wittle them down without carpeting…

Second try was like last time.
Blessed the bosses with my charged specials first, fired all bombs, dragons and axes and after that I just needed a few matches to send them into eternity.

Sadly my video data got corrupted somehow and stopped recording during the 3rd mob wave.

Yellow trainer for Danza and still no maxed hero to spend my emblems on, but I’m looking forward to max my 1st Triton this week.

Indeed my only ever maxed so far was Kailani, but she alredy became very expensive kobe-meat.

CU next trial… :sunglasses:

2 Likes