🔵 [June 2, 2019] Trials of Justice Guide & Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Justice!

This is the 10th and last of the Trials in the 4th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 30 minutes earlier at 6:30:00 AM (06:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Paladins & Monks Richard, Friar Tuck, Joon, Justice :fire: :new_moon_with_face:
Red/Fire & Purple/Dark

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP

:sweat: History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:

We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.

It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 4051 288
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Justice

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 51
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 551
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 1051
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1551
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 1051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1551
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 3051
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3551

:school_satchel: Recommended Items for Trials of Justice

Click for Recommended Items for Trials of Justice
Stage(s) Item Explanation
All Antidotes Richard in Stages 1 and 3 casts an attack debuff, Joon in Stages 2 and 3 casts Blind, and Justice in Stage 3 casts Blind — all of which can make Antidotes useful, particularly if you don’t have Monk Aeron to remove or prevent them.
All Health Pots The Monk and Paladin Classes are relatively light on traditional healers, which can make healing pots particularly smart to bring along.
All Time Stops Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

:cookie: @Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Justice

Click for Mariamne's Guide

TrialsJustice

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible

Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial

@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps - #39 by madmarv

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Justice?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Justice?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Justice?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Justice?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Justice

• Monks and Paladins have some healer options…but only amongst HOTM and Season 2 Legendary heroes (other than Friar Tuck). Do you have any of those ultra-rare heroes for Trials of Justice? If not, did you find these Trials harder without healer options?

• Monk Wilbur can really shine on Quests and Class Trials, where his combination of buffing and debuffing can help both survival and damage output. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, are you bringing him along?

• Monk Wu Kong can turn even non-hitters into serious killers with heavy tile damage. Do you have Wu Kong, and if so, are you bringing him along?

• Paladin Cyprian’s Perfect Riposte can be an effective strategy to killing multi-hitter and AoE Bosses like Richard and Justice. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, are you bringing him along?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Justice occurred:

1 Like

Wilbur - Drake - Ares - Frida - Rana

3 Likes

Last time Leo was 4/38
Wilbur had 4 tokens
Swaped Valeria for Frida, and obviously Frida got the scopes over Aegir, but just need 2 more and then its him or Thorne :rofl:

2 Likes

Aeron, Wu, Justice, Frida, Sonya.
Back home in time for tea and medals!

1 Like

Last time the team was Wilbur 4/70, Joon 2/60, Aegir 2/60, Cyprian 3/60 and Sonya 4/70. Richard was their nemesis as I had to save my nukes and didn’t complete the 3rd stage.

This time only two things changed Joon 3/70 and Frida +3. Swapped Cyprian for Frida, and that was a gamble 3.1.1 formation, paid for it at the last stage as the board was all crappy. The first two stages were walk throughs, but the 3rd stage, I had to nuke when the board turned south.

The trainer hero is reserved for Joon, and the monk emblems too, the paladin emblems will go to G.falcon, its on its way to full max. Now that Frida is done, Aegir needs full attention to beef up my team, hopefully by next Trial, he will play stronger.

2 Likes

Just completed without healers. All 3 matches in one video clip.
I nuked the bosses in tbe last round only.

I take clips as it helps out others in my allience.

2 Likes

Got a clip as well, but only hard.

4 Likes

I switched out Li Xiu (maxed in the meantime) for Justice 3/something, in the thought that the better damage and blind was more useful than the very small mana cut.

Of course, then Justice died early in the third stage, followed by Leonidas (3/70), followed by Wu Kong (4/70). Which meant that I had to pull out the dragon attacks to have Wilbur (+10) and Sonya (+9) finish them off.

Justice took the trainer. Wu and Sonya are in line for the emblems.

2 Likes

I do some of these trials only for inertia, some of them are nice some are just a pain and getting kinda old. They should at least try to switch some of the bosses, or replace them with others.

‘‘one picture is worth a thousand words’’:

3 Likes

Only needed to use a few items, not full nuke.
Only pulled Wilbur at recent Atlantis and power levelled him to max, huge difference.

Wu + 7, Frida 3/70, cyprian & falcon 4/15

2 Likes

Almost no change…

Kiril.

2 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. Strangely enough, I am currently leveling 3 paladins, as I started work again on Cyprian (4.45, credited with killing Joon on my 6th war flag) and just started on Arthur. I decided to roll with Queen, and that turned out to be a good decision.

I rolled in to the final fight with most everyone ready (cascade finished the prior board too soon), a couple minor mana to the reds and I was good to go.

Queen plus Wilbur is just ridiculous. She took special after special without issue.

I had no problems finishing off Justice. The only time anyone was in danger of dying was when Wilbur took a regular attack after his buff had dropped.

Emblems are going to Wilbur and Queen (once she is 80). The trainer has Poseidon’s name on it.

1 Like

Got a really lucky board on all stage so i could have Wilbur always active to protect Wu and Tyrum.
Everyone stayed alive. I thought it would be harder but with the board and Wu, everything went really smoothly. Got a 13 combo against the bosses with Wu active :dizzy_face:
Used all potions, 3 arrows/axes/bombs.
Sonya got the paladin emblems
Wu and Wilbur will split the monk emblems once both max (at least get them to +4 and then decide)
Wu kong will eat the trainer once on his last tier.

1 Like

Me last time:

Me this time:

One thing I’m kind of annoyed about and keep forgetting to change is that I’ve got some 4* troops and don’t change them until it’s all said and done. I mean, I still finish the trials, so who cares, but it’s a bit of a sore spot for me personally.

Other than Ares hitting not only 4/80 but a stunning +5 as well, I mostly rearranged the chairs and moved Richard and WuKong around. A few troop levels and deciding to drop the arrows for another healing slot since I did well the last time and didn’t need them.

All I’m going to say is an Ares, Wilbur, WuKong cascade squad, when it works, is an awesome sight to behold, and I didn’t see a true cascade either. I think this final screen cap should explain enough.

Poor Cyprian didn’t do much this time around since between his big brothers laying down the hurt, and Wilbur making riposte kind of ineffective, he was just there. Still got Joon to shoot himself in the face after buffs wore off, which was always appreciated.

My baby Vivica is growing up! Much proud, so wow.

Ty as always zephyr. Much appreciated. :raised_hands::+1::clap:

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The biggest change was the fulfillment of this from last time:

The Battle

I knew going into this one from my notes from last time that it would be a bit hard with the lack of healers, so I had a good strategy in place that I followed again.

Click for Battle Notes from last time
Click for VICTORY!

Shiny New Emblems & the End of an Era

The most exciting thing about these Trials was getting Wilbur to +18 — which is as far as I intend to take any heroes before switching to a next one.

So future Monk Emblems are destined for Wu Kong now.

Falcon also stepped up 1 node.

Click for Emblem details

Do you want fries with that?

Inari snacked on the Trainer, and said thanks by maxing her Special Skill to 8/8.

3 Likes

My team: Wilbur 4/37, Leonidas 4/80+5, Frida 4/80+5, Sonya 4/70, Cyprian 3/60

-I don’t have any of the monk/paladin healers other than Friar Tuck who was too weak to bring along.
-I did bring Wilbur, but had to be careful when using him with Cyprian. Their skills don’t mesh well.
-I have Wu Kong maxed but chose not to bring him.
-I have Cyprian and I did bring him, but I was careful to keep him and Wilbur separate.

-My team didn’t change much other than leveling up Wilbur.
-I didn’t notice much of a change in difficulty of the trials since Wilbur wasn’t a lot higher in level
-Used a few heals, nothing major.
-Emblems for Frida and probably wu kong
-Guardian Jackal ate the trainer hero.

1 Like

1st up. Apologies for the pic.

I swapped my Li Xiu 4/70 for a Joon 3/68 , with a drake 4/62 , Wu Kong and cryprian 4/70 , Sonya 3/60 … About 3400 TP

Battle went well… probably my only good challenge event. Didn’t have to use much items …I think one of each …and health vials as no healers on board.

1 Like

I usually don’t need any battle items for the first and second round. This trials I wasn’t concerned when I was fighting the final bosses and a couple of my heroes were weakend… until I finally clued in that I was in the 3rd round…

Holy crap - carpet bomb NOW!

3 Likes

Got really bad boards in the third round so had to use more healing pots than I had hoped before I reached the bosses. Then for the bosses it was 5 axes, 1 arrow and 1 bomb… Joon was annoying by resisting def down all the time, but it was just a matter of patience once it was 5 to 1!

Team was:
Sonya 3/60
Wu Kong 4/27
Wilbur 4/70 +6
Frida 2/58
Bane 3/50

Emblems are for Wilbur (but not enough for a node yet) and probably Sonya if I decide she gets my warm capes :wink: Trainer’s for Wu Kong!

3 Likes