[Apr 28, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Justice Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Justice!

This is the 10th (and final) of the Trials in the 3rd Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 15 minutes earlier at 6:45:00 AM (06:45 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:beginner: Overview

Classes Bosses Monsters
Paladins & Monks Richard, Friar Tuck, Joon, and Justice :fire: :new_moon_with_face:
Red/Fire & Purple/Dark

:heart: Final Boss HP

Version 20: Each Boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP

:sweat: History: Increased Difficulty of the Final Stage

Click for Archive of Version 19 vs. Version 20 Final Stage Difficulty

According to the Version 20 Release Notes, the Final Stage of Class Trials was made harder:

We’ve now been through a full cycle of the Trials since then, so we’ve seen those changes in action, particularly in Final Boss HP, where it’s most directly observable.

It’s also possible, however, that other adjustments were made to Defense or Attack, or to the monsters prior to the bosses.

Trials v19 HP v20 HP Increase
Strength 3907 4080 173
Fortitude 4195 4195 0
Mysticism 4051 4396 345
Serenity 3907 3907 0
Survival 3619 3907 288
Piety 4195 4195 0
Decimation 4051 4339 288
Nature 3763 4051 288
Shadows 3763 3907 144
Justice 3763 4051 288

:dart: Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking

For many players who can get through the monsters to the Final Bosses, but struggle to beat the Final Bosses, carpet bombing/item nuking the Bosses is a viable strategy.

Click for Guide to Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking for Trials of Justice

If you plan on carpet bombing/item nuking, focus on surviving until the Bosses, and don’t worry too much about counteracting them, particularly if you’re going for a full nuke them from orbit approach.
Use your item slots for your attack items, and any remaining slots for health.

Battle Item Damage Reference

Battle Item Forge Level Direct Damage Max DoT Max Total
:dragon_face: Dragon Attack 16 400 132 (requires playing 6 turns between each attack) 532
:bomb: Bomb 12 300 0 300
:hammer_and_pick: Axe 8 200 0 200
:bow_and_arrow: Arrow 4 100 0 100

Carpet Bombing/Item Nuking Strategies

Strategy Direct Damage Additional Damage Required for Stage 3 Bosses
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 3x 4100 0
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 4000 51
:dragon_face: 5x + :bomb: 5x 3500 551
:dragon_face: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 3000 1051
:dragon_face: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 2500 1551
:dragon_face: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 3000 1051
:bomb: 5x + :hammer_and_pick: 5x 2500 1551
:bomb: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 2000 2051
:bomb: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x + :bow_and_arrow: 5x 1500 2551
:hammer_and_pick: 5x 1000 3051
:bow_and_arrow: 5x 500 3551

:school_satchel: Additional Recommended Items

Click for Additional Recommended Items
Stage(s) Item Explanation
All Antidotes Richard in Stages 1 and 3 casts an attack debuff, Joon in Stages 2 and 3 casts Blind, and Justice in Stage 3 casts Blind — all of which can make Antidotes useful, particularly if you don’t have Monk Aeron to remove or prevent them.
All Health Pots The Monk and Paladin Classes are relatively light on traditional healers, which can make healing pots particularly smart to bring along.
All Time Stops Time Stops can be an effective, albeit resource-expensive, way of preventing Bosses from firing, and providing you more opportunities to manage the board to charge specials and do damage.

Be mindful that Dragon Bone can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.
All Banners Banners are always a good option for increasing defense and/or attack.
All Revive or Miracle Scrolls Revive or Miracle Scrolls can be an effective option if your team is on the weaker side, and the little extra boost will get your through.

Be mindful that Midnight Root, Orichalcum Nugget, and Meteor Fragments can be difficult to come by to make this a sustainable approach.

A helpful reminder from @Gryphonknight:

:world_map: Guides

:cookie: @Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Justice

Click for Mariamne's Guide

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here.

@madmarv’s Video Tutorial Using Classic 4* Heroes If Possible

Click for madmarv's Video Tutorial

@madmarv has been doing a video tutorial series for each Trial, attempting to use only classic 4* heroes if possible.

Hero Class Quest Tutorials using minimal items and ONLY 4-star Classic Heroes from Training Camps - #39 by madmarv

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Justice?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Justice?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Justice?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items
0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Justice?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:
0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Monks and Paladins have some healer options…but only amongst HOTM and Season 2 Legendary heroes (other than Friar Tuck). Do you have any of those ultra-rare heroes for Trials of Justice? If not, did you find these Trials harder without healer options?

• Monk Wilbur can really shine on Quests and Class Trials, where his combination of buffing and debuffing can help both survival and damage output. Do you have Wilbur, and if so, are you bringing him along?

• Monk Wu Kong can turn even non-hitters into serious killers with heavy tile damage. Do you have Wu Kong, and if so, are you bringing him along?

• Paladin Cyprian’s Perfect Riposte can be an effective strategy to killing multi-hitter and AoE Bosses like Richard and Justice. Do you have Cyprian, and if so, are you bringing him along?

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Justice occurred:

4 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Last time around I had a really hard time with 3-60 Cyprian and 3-60 Falcon #2.

This time Falcon 2 is at max, but I decided to swap out my 3-60 Cyprian for recently-maxed Li Xiu, in hopes that the added mana control would help.

The other major change is that I decided to give Falcon my Paladin Emblems since last time, instead of using them for Frida. I’ve come to prefer Emblems on 4* across the board, and am stopping giving them to the few 5* I was using them on (Evelyn, Vivica, and Thoth-Amun) at +4 to switch to 4* heroes in those Classes (Triton, Rigard, and Sabina, respectively.)

The Battle

Click for Battle Details

The first two Stages were a breeze.

In the third Stage, I had an easy time with the monsters, and didn’t use any items — if anything, I killed them a tad too quickly, as I went into the Bosses without my Red specials charged, which definitely hurt a bit.

I learned my lesson from last time, and started off right away with a Bomb and a Dragon Attack so the DoT would have time to tick.

I made a couple moves and fired Li Xiu then Wu Kong, then worked the board to do some tile damage.

I was lacking much red for a while, so it took me a bit to charge Wilbur and the two Falcons. When I did, I held their specials until Wu wore off.

When the Dragon Attack and Bomb wore off, I tossed new ones to re-up, and kept plugging away on tile damage.

As the battle wore on and Richard, Joon and Justice fired, I used antidotes and minor healing as needed. Eventually I ran out of healing pots.

I managed to kill Joon and severely wear down Richard and Justice with my whole team alive, but then Richard fired again and killed Falcon 2 and Wu.

I killed Justice with tiles in the next move, wore down Richard a bit more with tiles, and used a third set of a Bomb and Dragon Attack.

Richard was down to 676 health, but also charged up. Not wanting to risk him taking out my remaining 3 heroes, I fired a 4th Bomb and Dragon Attack and finished him off.

Without any healer options, Trials of Justice is definitely amongst the hardest for me.

The leveling progress helps some, but this one will definitely remain difficult for the foreseeable future.

Eventually Paladin Frida will likely join this team as a more natural color choice and stronger hero. She’s currently at 2-46 on her way to max, so hopefully she’ll be there by the next Trials of Justice.

Shiny New Emblems

I took Wilbur to +14 after Stage 2 (figured it didn’t hurt to bump him up before the last Stage)

After Stage 3, I took Falcon to +12

CJ does The Jackal*

After I maxed Li Xiu, I moved onto leveling Jackal, whom I acquired during Guardians earlier this month.

He got a nice bump from the Trainer Hero.

*Does anyone get this reference?

7 Likes

I used a man potion to charge Wilbur at the start as well as a dragon attack. I had a good board and killed the enemy team quickly.

2 Likes

Did it with this Team. All maxed except Leonidas. He is 3/Something.

The two elemental debuffers are great. And the three classical, eighties-styled boys did a great job, too. Leonidas is underrated. He helped me with Ursena (normal and hard) and now in this Quest, even though he’s not even maxed! Quiet a positive surprise for me.:sunglasses:

Edited: I used two dragon attacks and two bombs.

Edited 2: Richard, talent 5. Drake, talent 3.

3 Likes

First trial without using any items.

5 Likes

I dont know, every time I do this trial [last time i’ve fail it just near the end] its always getting too complex near the end, since the board always gets uglier and uglier. I mean i understand, i have a 3+2, but this fight was easy till the bosses had like half of their health, then basically not even one match on the board. Had to bomb them a bit. I swear, this is a weak azz team, i admit, but Aegir is a G and makes this easy, when you have at least one or two moves on the board…
Used 9 potions, 3 dragons, 4 bombs, 3 axes. [I’m going to cry lol].

Im weak on monks and have a bunch of weak unleveled paladins.
Aegir like always, did basically 90% of this fight easy, with pretty flimsy team mates lol.

ps: look at that board, it was like this for half of the boss fight. in 3 turns lost them all minus the G.

3 Likes

Very good experience here. Accidentally went in with Bane 3/50; Wu Kong 4/70; Wilbur +6; Sonya +6; Leonidas 3/70. Beat first level handily. (Not even healing.)

Second level, I put Justice 2/1 in for Bane. I used 1-2 healing potions here.

Third level, remembered that I had Li Xiu 3/60, so used her instead of Justice. I got worried when my small healings went out and popped off 5 dragon attacks, but I probably would have gotten by with only 3 or so, maybe even without them.

Justice ate the trainer. Wilbur went up to +7. Sonya is one emblem from +7.

2 Likes

Same team as last time: QoH, Aegir, Wilbur, Leonidas, Richard. With 39something team power it’s my best team in all trials.
Did get through without any items.

Where to go from here? Richard is missing a few levels to max and QoH +Wilbur are curently receiving the emblems. But until I get another Hotm or event hero this team won’t change.

2 Likes

Of course I have the ultra-rare Friar Tuck :blush: (3* is rare, right? :thinking:). I mean, of the 137 3* I have summoned/trained, 48 (more than a third of them) are greens and 13 of them are Friar Tucks (he is top scorer). I have eat 11 of them :yum: still have one unleveled, shall I max him so I can have full team heal with 2 Friar Tuck in flanks for this trial? :crazy_face:

You might have read this in some other threads but this month attempts to :fishing_pole_and_fish: him failed yet again… :expressionless:

No Wilbur No Wu Kong… have to work hard on titan…

Yes, unfortunately, as I have to put two sturdiest heroes flanking Friar Tuck to get the healing, Cyprian ended up being flanked by 3* which die easily without heal…

Only troop change.
Old team:

New Team:

No effect…

Used items: 10 Healing Potions, 5 Arrow Attacks, 5 Bomb Attacks, 4 Dragon Attacks.

Saving them for Sonya and wait for a good Monk.

Gill-Ra, she will be my 30th maxed 3*. Currently missing: Squire Wabbit, Hissan, Gato, Arman, & Vlad.

No messed up this time.

4 Likes

Drake, Cyprian, Wu ; Sonya, Li (rest in piece)
Cyprian, Like, Wu maxed, Sonya 3.60 and drake wip 4.52
No change to lineup. I did use all of the healing potions and 2 bomb attack and 1 dragon attack… all for safe measures.

In memory of the wingers :pray:

3 Likes

Wow, first time I ever beat a Trials without using items :blush:

So glad I spent the scopes on Aegir, he was a beast!! My team was Arthur-Ares-Wu-Aegir-Drake (all max) so it was a powerful team, I didn’t expect it to go that smooth though. Very happy today.

2 Likes

Congrats! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JAWS_3D cudos on your achievement.

Errr… Ares and Aegir do heal though .I believe they are fantastic heroes / healers lol

2 Likes

This is one of my strongest trials because I’ve got way too many paladins, including the ultra-rare healer. My team last time, except last time neither Richard nor Ares had gotten to their final ascension, and Wilbur was probably a few slots down:

This time I had a shiny, fresh faced Wu Kong ready to go:

I’m still playing pretty conservatively and brought some nukes just in case, but I didn’t need them. While it would’ve been glorious to see a Wu Kong/Ares/Wilbur cascade obliteration, the board decided to blow my gems a few stages ago, and I went in dry. Still, other than the guys nowhere near Ares biting the dust (as kinda expected), I didn’t have to use a single nuke. Cyprian was definitely MVP for this and took giant chunks of health out of the bosses. He also got the killing blow when Joon shot himself in the face, off Cyprian no less, lol.

Monk going to Wilbur, Paladin pile saving up for Ares, trainer going to my baby Vivica who is still in her first ascension training wheels.

3 Likes

Main

Leo and Wu-kong are little higher than last time, 1 tornado and 1 timestop

Wu said trainer was tasty, he waiting for more emblems.

Alt

This team beat 2 stages (first time ever)

3 Likes

My team last time was Wu Kong (4.70), Wilbur (4.70), Sonya (4.70), Frida (3.70: replaced Bane), and Guardian Falcon (4.70: replaced Cyprian 3.60). This time, I swapped in Valeria and Tarlak for Wu and Falcon.

I went with a more conventional, “I can beat this” item array, since I managed to beat it last time without going full Ripley on them.

I got to the final bosses with everyone but Tarlak charged (though his buff was active) and a blue diamond on the board. I fired everyone and detonated the diamond, and that made a lot of progress for a first move (watch me become overconfident).

Then the boards went completely south on me, and Justice went off twice, nearly wiping my team. I potted up and finished them off. Next time I’ll be more thoughtful and actually use bombs to protect my team.

Tarlak and Falcon will get the emblems, the trainer will go to Poseidon.

3 Likes

I’m interested in some of the lowest team powers to have completed level 3 of the trails.

I made it through Justice pretty easily with;

Team Power 2727

Bane 3/50+16 Gunnar 3/50 Friar Tuck 3/50 Cyprian 4/46 Li Xiu 3/40

In that order, focused on keeping my core alive with small mana pots and charging up Friar and Gunna as much as possible. Made it to the end with everyone except Bane and nuked the bosses. 2 axes and 1 small mana pot left.

Going to skip level 3 of Strength and Fortitude and focus on brining up my team for Mysticism. Time to show Anzogh and Kiril some love.

1 Like

He may miss a hit, but he never misses a meal.

5 Likes

Definitely wish I had a decent healer, and the lack of such absolutely played a key role in how Stage 3 played out. My team this time was Joon (3/70), Cyprian (4/70+7), Li Xiu (4/70+6), Tyrim (3/50), Wilbur (4/70+2). I don’t recall the exact order they were in, but this was that line-up. I took the nuclear arsenal and healing potions into the fight hoping not to need them, but wanting to be prepared just in case. Purple and Yellow tiles seemed sparse to begin with and remained that way throughout (especially the yellow). Thankfully reds were a little more frequent and I was able to use Wilbur and all of my healing potions to get everyone into the Boss round, albeit mostly within a normal hit or two of dying. At this point the board was not very promising so I fired my specials, called down the wrath of heaven, then finished with tiles.

Monk emblems will be going to Wilbur for now (at least until I can ascend and level up Joon), the paladin emblems will probably go to Cyprian again. I suppose I could give them to either Tyrim or Gunnar to strengthen my bench. The Trainer will be used as a tasty snack for my newly acquired Vivica.

2 Likes